FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Perl Error Message

Flakky
Hi,
I get this error after a perl script. I installed Wakaba and this is what I get. I got Perl to work in the cgi-bin folder and nowhere else on the site though this happens when using the install script.
Quote:
Software error:

install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: . /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.Cool at (eval 409) line 3, <FILE> line 3.
Perhaps the DBD::mysql perl module hasn't been fully installed,
or perhaps the capitalisation of 'mysql' isn't right.
Available drivers: DBM, ExampleP, File, Proxy, Sponge.
at wakaba.pl line 45

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@botlord.frih.net), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

What do? Tell me what information you need and I'll post it.
inphurno
i found this resource online for your error:

http://www.freebsddiary.org/mysql-perl.php

hopefully this can help you out, cheers Smile
Flakky
inphurno wrote:
i found this resource online for your error:

http://www.freebsddiary.org/mysql-perl.php

hopefully this can help you out, cheers Smile
Thanks for the reply but I am still confused :s Anyone has an idea what I can do?
inphurno
I'm not to familiar with perl but I think there might be some hints in the error message you posted here, first:

"install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in..."

this sounds like a path problem, there is also this:

"perhaps the capitalisation of 'mysql' isn't right"

not sure how things are setup here on frihost but in your test script that you got working did you use any DB connections? If not maybe that would be something to try Smile

finally:

"Available drivers: DBM, ExampleP, File, Proxy, Sponge..."

Your script seemed to look for DBD so maybe that could be whats causing the problem.

Not sure if any of this will help but let us know!
Flakky
I gave up, thanks everyone for their suggestions. I have PHP-Fusion installed right now. I decided to go a different direction now. Smile
inphurno
lol Smile ok well some times its just better to give up and try something new to move forward. hope PHP-Fusion is working out alright for you!
Flakky
inphurno wrote:
lol Smile ok well some times its just better to give up and try something new to move forward. hope PHP-Fusion is working out alright for you!

It's doing grand Smile I an coding the main features I wanted to have myself. Only one feature left to do.