FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

77 Ways to Beat Colds and Flu

Meit
77 Ways to Beat Colds and Flu: A People's Medical Society Book by Charles B. Inlander, Cynthia K. Moran
Publisher: Bantam | Language: English | 1996 | ISBN: 0553574205 | PDF | 128 pages | 5,4 MB

Although Inlander, president of the People's Health Society, an advocacy group, and health writer Moran go beyond the traditional advice to "drink chicken soup like your mom told you," don't expect to find in this book many suggestions that common sense and your own doctor haven't already told you. While no cure yet exists for such annoying and potentially dangerous afflictions as colds or flu, this book tends to focus on the obvious: keep away from people who are already ill; wash your hands frequently; use paper towels.

Some readers and their mothers, however, might take exception to the authors' advice to sneeze toward the floor rather than to using your hands to cover a sneeze. Nearly everyone knows that taking vitamin C can boost the immune system; still, the authors believe it's necessary to repeat this. They also advise readers to think positively, relax, laugh away colds, make friends and schedule rewards for oneself. Their most interesting discussion-albeit brief-assesses promising cold and flu research.

Quote:
http://hotfile.com/dl/46843129/403a90c/77_ways_to_beat_cold_and_flu.rar.html

Quote:
http://rapidshare.com/files/396071176/77_ways_to_beat_cold_and_flu.rar
msphoto
Meit, thanks for the review. The book was printed in 1996...who knows why people are inclined to publish what we consider common knowledge. Possibly, what is common in our opinion is not common to some folks.

In our area we sneeze or cough into our forearm, coughing into the hand is really Old school.
mark1230
i think keeping yourself more active and doing exercises on regular basis can prove more beneficial.
app893
Ah,yes.thanks for share your good way with us.it's useful and good practice.
fharari07
In my opinion, flu vaccination is the best way to prevent flu viruses. But we should also aware on our hygiene, diet, supplementation, sleep and reducing stress. That way, we can totally and completely prevent swine flu.
deanhills
fharari07 wrote:
In my opinion, flu vaccination is the best way to prevent flu viruses.
I don't agree. I think it has been earlier explained in great detail that it could be a hit and miss affair as well. If I were in a high-risk category then I would definitely get vaccinated, and put my faith in vaccination, but for now working on building a strong immune system would be more important for me. I think every situation is different, bottomline that we should take responsibility for our own health and make informed decisions.
macky
thanks for the post...

it is kinda a big help..

i enjoyed reading and knowing some facts...
uzeed
my friend Merit said
77 Ways to Beat Colds and Flu: A People's Medical Society Book by Charles B. Inlander, Cynthia K. Moran
Publisher: Bantam | Language: English | 1996 | ISBN: 0553574205 | PDF | 128 pages | 5,4 MB

Although In lander, president of the People's Health Society, an advocacy group, and health writer Moran go beyond the traditional advice to "drink chicken soup like your mom told you," don't expect to find in this book many suggestions that common sense and your own doctor haven't already told you. While no cure yet exists for such annoying and potentially dangerous afflictions as colds or flu, this book tends to focus on the obvious: keep away from people who are already ill; wash your hands frequently; use paper towels.

Some readers and their mothers, however, might take exception to the authors' advice to sneeze toward the floor rather than to using your hands to cover a sneeze. Nearly everyone knows that taking vitamin C can boost the immune system; still, the authors believe it's necessary to repeat this. They also advise readers to think positively, relax, laugh away colds, make friends and schedule rewards for oneself. Their most interesting discussion-albeit brief-assesses promising cold and flu research.

How can i get that book to read?
gandalfthegrey
Oil of Oregano
rjraaz
uzeed wrote:

How can i get that book to read?

he has provided download links at two different servers

hotfile and rapidshare
Cliffer
A little Cold and Flu every year might be good to whole life health,i think.
dengerojame
What is Influenza?

Influenza caused by influenza viruses, from time to time watching the large-scale outbreaks, hospital admissions for childhood cases, requiring a substrate for complications, the elderly and can cause death in patients with chronic respiratory tract infectious disease, is an important infectious disease. Sudden onset and high fever (> 38 0C), characterized the majority of cases GRÝP'te standing disease can not migrate, they fall into bed.
dalethomas
To beat cold and flu:
Take some antibiotics like iodex , storx
Do some exercises like Breath Exercises
gandalfthegrey
I heard that taking Oil of Oregano helps fight the cold/flu. Capsules are better then the oil.
sherryjonshon
I can 't thank you enough. It is such a very much beneficial and informative information for me. I get the full guide about the Beat Colds and Flu. I was unknown about the some of it and after reading your post I got the full information.