FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Temporary directory is full

jmraker
One of the sites that I manage has a video upload page that uses swfupload and ffmpeg to convert the video to flash. Only problem is the temporary directory becomes full about once a week with failed uploads. The temporary directory is a loopback device partition that's about 500 meg and usually 2 large files fill it up enough to cause every upload to fail due to not enough disk space They said they asked the host to increase the size, but it's still the same.

Does anyone know what's causing the temporary "/tmp/php*" files to stick around?

and what's the best solution.
1. Get them to try again to increase the /tmp disk space (the host has a cron job that deletes files in /tmp after 7 days)
2. write a cron job that deletes "/tmp/php*" files that are 12 hours or older which assumes an upload takes less than 12 hours.
3. change a setting in php.ini or apache.
Darknight2266
Change a setting in php.ini and apche.
sonam
If you have cPanel or DA you can set Cron Job to run every day or 12 hours. Is this your own host? If is not I don't think you have permission to set php.ini.

Sonam
jmraker
They had the size of the temporary directory increased to about 900 meg and I haven't heard of any incidents in a while. It's not my site but I can get into their cpanel and ssh in as root. What specific apache and/or php setting would help it clean up failed uploads?