FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Troy

kutekitten
Not a very well known book (in my opinion at least), has anyone ever read the book Troy by Adele Geras? I'm reading it for an english assignment or else it probably wouldn't have caught my eye as a very good book. It's based on Greek mythology, and I think it's rather interesting... It's not for someone with a short attention span, because it's very complicated and there are far too many characters lol, but that just makes for something that keeps you excited because as soon as one person's life becomes peaceful (I'm actually waiting for that to happen...) some huge thing happens that disrupts everything.

The entire book is based on the Trojan war from the point of view of two sisters. All wikipedia says about it is:

Quote:
Troy is a young adult novel by Adéle Geras, published in 2000. It is about the Iliad, and fictional stories inside the heart of the city. There are two sisters: Xanthe and Marpessa. It starts ten years into the Trojan War - Xanthe and Marpessa are sisters living in Troy during a time of the war. It has been ten years since the war began after Paris swept Helen away from her husband in Greece to his home in Troy, causing her husband to wage a war to return her back to him.