FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Apollo 11 UFO encounter

HalfBloodPrince
Normally I'd take something like this with strong contempt, but it's Buzz Aldrin talking about it Shocked

Bikerman
No, it was Buzz Aldrin heavily cut so that he appeared to say what the scumbag programme maker wanted to hear.
What he actually said included the explanation that they DID identify it (to a high degree of probability).
Quote:
My friend David Morrison, who is an astronomer at NASA Ames in California, answers questions sent in to the Ask an Astrobiologist website. He got this very question! Here's his answer:

I just talked to Buzz Aldrin on the phone, and he notes that the quotations were taken out of context and did not convey the intended meaning. After the Apollo 11 crew verified that the object they were seeing was not the SIVB upper stage, which was about 6000 miles away at that time, they concluded that they were probably seeing one of the panels from the separation of the spacecraft from the upper stage. These panels were not tracked from Earth and were likely much closer to the Apollo spacecraft. They chose not to discuss this on the open communications channel since they were concerned that their comments might be misinterpreted (as they are being now). Apparently all of this discussion about the panels was cut from the broadcast interview, thus giving the impression that they had seen a UFO.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/firstonthemoon.html
addife
Man, there's always a way to make these stories, if UFO's are here in earth, then what? They don't come to us and say hello, so let them live their lives 'cuz mine still a mess and I have to figure it out. ;]
Josso
Nice one bikerman.

It's likely that most UFOs sighted are either hype, government ships or holographic projections of some kind... the media loves whitewashing with "it's a UFO!" - if something unidentified is seen in the sky then it's usually something we aren't supposed to know about yet...

PS: Not saying that there's no aliens in the universe...
inuyasha
UFOs? I've seen so many reports about them, among which are none that showed a clear photo of the machines. I could only see some light or black dots. Why are these dots always identified as UFOs ? Isn't it a bit strange?
Indi
inuyasha wrote:
UFOs? I've seen so many reports about them, among which are none that showed a clear photo of the machines. I could only see some light or black dots. Why are these dots always identified as UFOs ? Isn't it a bit strange?

Not really. Unidentified means unidentified. It means "not identified". It does not mean "well, it's not a plane, it's not a balloon, it's not swamp gas... must be an extraterrestrial colonial star ship here to mutilate our cows, flatten our crops in geometric patterns and probe our anuses".

Everything in the sky is an unidentified flying object until we identify it. Notably, everything we have identified is pretty mundane stuff. Of course, we haven't identified everything, but why assume that the things we haven't identified aren't mundane things, too?
yagnyavalkya
I have read a lot of about UFOs and I think there is an amount of human imagination in it
menino
I think there is a lot of hype on UFO's and extraterrestrial beings, and even if they do exist, why would they want to say hello?
They probably have already seen how we are destroying this world and hate each other.
I think they dont want to invade us, coz we really would not follow any rules. Laughing
ocalhoun
menino wrote:

I think they dont want to invade us, coz we really would not follow any rules. Laughing

More likely they don't want to invade because we don't have anything of value to them.
We can be made to follow rules, just execute any that break the rules, and let evolution take its course-- soon, the blindly-follow-the-rules type will become dominant.