FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Deus Ex 3

achowles
The third instalment of Deus Ex is well on its way now, so I thought now is the time to ask what you guys and girls thought about it.

For those who don't know, the original Deus Ex was a sci-fi cyberpunk first person RPG set in a world plagued by manufactured disease and subsequently at the mercy of a sinister conspiracy. You played an engineered agent who goes rogue upon learning of his agency's involvement.

The third game is a prequel to this and is supposed to be a lot more focussed on the first person shooting and lighter on the role playing. But regardless of how it plays, it's looking very nice indeed.

Anyone looking forward to this? Or do you think it will only insult the memory of the original?

Trailer.
rayxzero
Looking at the new Deus Ex trailer, it looks like a movie and very artistic. Is Square Enix really a part of this game in previous series?
weableandbob
The trailer looks amazing. Can't wait to see what the actual gameplay is like.
achowles
rayxzero wrote:
Looking at the new Deus Ex trailer, it looks like a movie and very artistic. Is Square Enix really a part of this game in previous series?

In a sense. They bought Eidos who published the first two which were developed by the now defunct Ion Storm. So nobody actually behind the original game is involved with this one as far as I know. The CGI sequences are being produced by the same studio that produced the Final Fantasy CGI, so that's why it's so slick. It should definitely be a visually stunning game. I guess we can only hope the gameplay is equally good.
achowles
weableandbob wrote:
The trailer looks amazing. Can't wait to see what the actual gameplay is like.

Yeah, me too. That's by far my biggest concern, and not least of all because the team behind it were derogatory of the first game for being 'too slow'. Does that mean they'll be skimpy on the plot and character development? Only time will tell, I suppose.