FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

enabling 4 sata drives

ssweat
I have a Biostar MCP6P M2+ motherboard which comes with 4 sata ports on motherboard, I have windows 7 64 bit OS installed, the motherboard comes with one IDE port which I have 1 dvd and 1 cd drive on, the problem is if I plug in any other sata drives on ports 3 and 4 nothing is detected either in the bios or in windows, almost like they are disabled. I have searched all over he web and cant for the life of me figure out how to enable them. I have 2 open pci slots and only my AGP graphics installed. I have read something about enabling ahci in the bios but I see nothing in the settings with this option. I cant find any info on how to enable them, please help if you can. Also in the bios it shows
IDE 0
IDE 1
SATA 1
SATA 2
but no
SATA 3 or SATA 4 Question
Thanks in advance for any help
ssweat
can i set up raid with an already used hard drive or do I need to set it up with 2 clean drives, would I lose my data on the existing drive or would it just duplicate the data
jwellsy
Check your mobo manual to see if it has an onboard raid controller, you may need to pick up a cheap pci raid controller card.

Also go to the mobo manufacturers website and see if they have a bios update to what is already installed.
ssweat
already tried both suggestions prior to posting this, also searched google under many search strings only to find no answer to my question. Thanks for the suggestions though. This is quite frustrating and I cant believe noone else has this problem