FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP basics

vlnjodie
Hi! I am just a beginner and keep having to ask silly questions.

I think I can use ftp to upload whole folders - specifically a folder for a wordpress theme. i've tried and can't quite figure out how. i was wondering if anyone can help. Thanks a bunch and sorry to bore you with stupid ques.

vlnjodie
Lady Elensar
Wich FTP program are you using? I think you can't upload folders with the file manager in your cPanel. You could make a zip file of it, upload it, and extract it there were you uploaded it. Maybe this helps? Smile
dan751
It just isn't possible to upload whole folders via cPanel. In order to upload the folder via cPanel though, it needs to be compressed into a ZIP file. However, you can upload entire folders via an FTP client, I know this because I have downloaded whole folders via FTP (when backing up a website of mine on another webhost). Please let me know what kind of FTP program you are using and I will try to help.Smile
Bondings
Most likely just select the folder and drop it in your public_html directory or wherever you want.
gonzo
Marcio
I adored to see I assist it of all.

Good Tutorial...

Laughing Laughing Laughing
webapp
Just do this simple thing...........

Zip the folder u want to upload..........

Go to cpanel ->File manager

and create a folder what u actually zipped

Now upload this zip file to the folder

click and select the file...once it is uploaded...in file manager

you get an option to extract the contents.........so do it

now u are all done.................

Enjoy........

Else use filezilla.... ftp client...
vlnjodie
This all really helps! I give some of these a try. I downloaded Filezilla, but wasn't sure how to get it working. I also heard there was a FTP manager that was an add on to Mozilla, is it Filezilla?
engeland
oh you could extract zipped files?
I never knew that. thanx alot. that really help
orno
use a decent ftp client like filezilla or flashfxp or cuteftp or ws_ftp or .... (you get the idea)

-close-d