FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Thunderbird font issues

welshsteve
Does anybody else have the problem with Thunderbird changing fonts while composing emails? It happens to me all the time. I've set the default font to be Arial and samll (TOOLS > OPTIONS > COMPOSITION), but that seems to be ignored. Instead it seems to revert to a larger font size and Times New Roman font. No idea why it does this, but it is very annoying. And because of the way Thunderbird handles font formatting, you can't just hightlight the whole email and set the font and size.
chartcentral
Hi welshsteve, what version of Mozilla Thunderbird are you using? I have 3.0.4 and it does follow the font I have set at Tools - Options - Composition. If you have a lower version of the software, you may have to update it, as the problem might have already been fixed on the latest release. Smile
welshsteve
I have the same version, but get this issue. I think it might be the signature or the previous email I'm replying to that causes it.

I'd really like to see them change the font controls to allow you to highlight all the text and set the font family, size and color.