FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Red Dead Redemption

driftingfe3s
Anyone else playing Red Dead Redemption? Red Dead Redemption is a game on the PS3 and xbox 360 from the makes of Grand Theft Auto. Same idea as Grand Theft Auto with the same huge massive world, but this one is set out in the old West.

I recently beat the single player campaign mode the other day and I have to say i liked it more than I liked Grand Theft Auto 4. Sure you don't have the cool modern weapons like in GT4 but the game fun just riding around horseback shooting animals and collecting their fur and meat to sell, or looking for bears to kill with your knife.

The online mode is pretty fun as well. There's a bunch of different modes and the free roam mode uses the same huge map that you use in the single player game.
weableandbob
I haven't personally played it, but to me, Grand Theft Auto in the old west doesn't seem like a very good game idea.
Diablosblizz
weableandbob wrote:
I haven't personally played it, but to me, Grand Theft Auto in the old west doesn't seem like a very good game idea.

Try it, it's pretty awesome. Pretty epic game! Characters are well likable, they look amazing, and the story is just awesome.

Good game, good game.
LostOverThere
Quote:

I recently beat the single player campaign mode the other day and I have to say i liked it more than I liked Grand Theft Auto 4. Sure you don't have the cool modern weapons like in GT4 but the game fun just riding around horseback shooting animals and collecting their fur and meat to sell, or looking for bears to kill with your knife.

I've always been a big fan of open world games, myself. If I owned a 360 or PS3, I would have this Day 1. Unfortunately I don't, though they could do a big favour and give it to us PC fans. Wink
eday2010
I pre-ordered it and got it the day it came out. That is also the only time I played it. I've been busy with Mario Galaxy 2, ModNation Racers, and other non-game stuff.
Starrfoxx
I'd really like to try this one out. I wish there was a way to filter out all the language, though.
LostOverThere
Quote:
I've been busy with Mario Galaxy 2

*Huge Envy*

I hate living in Australia Sad
Starrfoxx
LostOverThere wrote:
Quote:
I've been busy with Mario Galaxy 2

*Huge Envy*

I hate living in Australia Sad

Shoot, I haven't even tried the first one yet. I have envy of just wanting to get the first game. After all this time, it's still $40-$50 brand new.
wombatrpgs
I haven't tried it, but I found SomethingAwful's review to be quite informative.
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/truth-media-reviews/grand-theft-cowboy.php
vibrants
I WANT IT ON PC!!!!! now Sad
LostOverThere
Quote:

I WANT IT ON PC!!!!! now

Yeah, I'm waiting for a PC port, too. Sad
rayxzero
I hope it will be ported asap.
achowles
I also want it on PC. But only if they do a proper port of it this time. I don't want another GTA 4.
driftingfe3s
achowles wrote:
I also want it on PC. But only if they do a proper port of it this time. I don't want another GTA 4.

What was wrong with the GTA 4 PC port?
rayxzero
I think it has a wii version also.
achowles
driftingfe3s wrote:
What was wrong with the GTA 4 PC port?

In a nutshell, it was very poorly optimised. Even on systems several times more powerful than the consoles it ran inadequately. It was not quite as bad as Saints Row 2 though. You couldn't even drive in that one without the frame rate bottoming out. But still it was a bit of a let down given how long it took to be released on PC.
wombatrpgs
Did that happen with the Wii version as well...?
HalfBloodPrince
I was debating whether to buy Red Dead Redemption or Mass Effect 2. I never get two games at once because I end up not finishing either, so I got Mass Effect 2 (RDR was out of stock). I can't wait to get it once I'm done ME2, it looks amazing!
spinout
how does the fast draw work???
high noon - fast draw - one dead...
driftingfe3s
spinout wrote:
how does the fast draw work???
high noon - fast draw - one dead...

Are you talking about the dueling? It's about timing. When it says draw, you hit the Left Trigger (Xbox) and then it's in slow motion. Then you move the target over the enemy's body and the cross hair's pulse, if you press fire, right trigger, when the cross hair is at the smallest the meter fills up faster than when the cross hair is bigger. You basically have to fill you meter higher than the enemy and you'll win. If you hit the enemy's arm or gun when the cross hair is at the smallest, with only one shot you can disarm the opponent and get a bunch of honor and fame.
digitalhaze
Yup, if you aim closer to the head or wielding-hand, you can get more money from your kills online. (Hat Shots and Disarms)
wombatrpgs
I'll never quite understand the physics of that...
digitalhaze
wombatrpgs wrote:
I'll never quite understand the physics of that...

Meh, it's a Rockstar 3rd-person sandbox game. We all know that if it's anything like GTA4, there isn't going to be solid physics. Razz
roys000
Kinda cool game to me as it comes in a different storyline then the modern day GTA 4 that we know new features has been released too.Such as duels and horse riding trains can be accesible if im not wrong.

GTA4 that has been remaked to the olden days can be real brutal too the same goes for reality but no one dares to do such a thing of course xD
QrafTee
weableandbob wrote:
Just because it sounds like a good idea doesn't mean it isn't. I haven't played it yet, but several of my friends have it and they love it. I don't have a steady income, so I haven't bought it... maybe I could borrow it from one of my friends when they're bored with it.
Futile
I got it for Father's Day. Haven't really had the time to "get" into it. have oly played about 4 hours. The story line is awesome and the cut scenes are great, a lilttle long at times, but great. The side quests are fun and managable. Rock Star really hit a homerun with the western theme, at least with me.
LostOverThere
How long does it take to traverse the world by horse? (From one corner to another)