FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Real surprise - Al Gore and Tipper separation

deanhills
Must say I was completely bowled over by Al and Tipper Gore's separation. Totally unexpected.
I always thought the Clintons would be the ones who would be first to separate "officially", it would appear they have been unofficially separated for a long time. Has to be pretty tough times for the Gores. I have always admired Gore as I thought there was plenty of sincerity, especially for a politician, in the programmes he committed himself to.
mugundhan
deanhills wrote:
Must say I was completely bowled over by Al and Tipper Gore's separation. Totally unexpected.
I always thought the Clintons would be the ones who would be first to separate "officially", it would appear they have been unofficially separated for a long time. Has to be pretty tough times for the Gores. I have always admired Gore as I thought there was plenty of sincerity, especially for a politician, in the programmes he committed himself to.

I dnt get you
deanhills
mugundhan wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I dnt get you
Al Gore and Tipper Gore were the model couple during Al's period as Vice-President to Clinton in the US. Almost inconceivable that they would ever get divorced, but that happened any way.
menino
Yes, I saw the news, and then I saw Jimmy Fallon comment about it mimicing Bill Clinton, saying "The student has surpassed the master!" Laughing

I guess Al Gore not just commited himself to his projects, but also probably his pet projects. Laughing

In all seriousness, I think a lot of people look more on the morality of the politicians than their actual work that they are supposed to be doing.
Bill Clinton, despite his immorality was actually a good president who did a lot for the nation.
I don't think he would have gone to Iraq, but he was more inclined in building up the economy and it was working.
deanhills
menino wrote:
In all seriousness, I think a lot of people look more on the morality of the politicians than their actual work that they are supposed to be doing.
I was surprised that the Gores got divorced, but don't necessarily see that as immoral. Looked as though they had to work through a huge tragedy in the family, and their coping strategies let them grow apart into different directions.I can't compare this with Clinton's infedility, although the part that I thought was the worst part was Clinton lying about it. More than the act itself.
Navigator
His Mr. Internet Inventor title put his head way up in the clouds.
handfleisch
Navigator wrote:
His Mr. Internet Inventor title put his head way up in the clouds.

When people still repeat this false urban legend, it shows they listen to too much Rush Limbaugh. It also implies they can't find anything true to criticize him about
jwellsy
Once again you are so right. Gore did not say he invented the internet, he "created' the internet.