FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

anyone received a counter offer?

mattyj
Has anyone ever received a counter offer after resigning from a job?

I Put my resignation in this morning, my boss said he was sad to see me go but would give me a good reference...then an hour later the regional manager rang me (2 levels of management ahead of my manager) and said he was blown away when he heard i was leaving and wnted to relocate me to another site (my main reason for leaving was the site im at is isolated, and also i work as a safety and quality coordinator and my background is quality)

So he told me he would create a role of Quality Coordinator at one of our other less isolated sites just to keep me...As the guy their in the same role (Safety and Quality) is more interested in safety so it works out well...Just waiting to hear if they can match $$$
PureReborn
Never happen to me personally but I can see it happening. I mean it saves the company a lot of money since they dont have to train someone new, plus it builds company loyalty.
deanhills
Congratulations mattyj. That must be a great compliment for you. Personally I would feel complimented but at the same time wary of that for myself, but then I am a bit cynical about people. I think the best policy usually when someone wants to leave is to wish them well and let them go. If they try and keep you, someone may remember that you wanted to leave. However, hope all of it has worked out for you, and that you did score with the bottomline dollars.
mattyj
deanhills wrote:
Congratulations mattyj. That must be a great compliment for you. Personally I would feel complimented but at the same time wary of that for myself, but then I am a bit cynical about people. I think the best policy usually when someone wants to leave is to wish them well and let them go. If they try and keep you, someone may remember that you wanted to leave. However, hope all of it has worked out for you, and that you did score with the bottomline dollars.

Got a call from the regional manager today, they are bettering the offer i got (not by much but a little), relocation costs + the role i wanted....pretty stoked...the RM said if i ever consider leaving again to ring him first, he wants me there long term
soljarag
Congrats Dude,

This happend to my dad like 10 years go... He took a job at another company and when he told his then current work that he was leaving, they made him fly to the company headquarters and have a meeting with top execs of the company. He tried to get out of having to meet with them, but they wouldnt take no for an answer....

So he goes and they offer him a a new position, raise, ect...... but it still couldn't match the new job he got
mattyj
soljarag wrote:
Congrats Dude,

This happend to my dad like 10 years go... He took a job at another company and when he told his then current work that he was leaving, they made him fly to the company headquarters and have a meeting with top execs of the company. He tried to get out of having to meet with them, but they wouldnt take no for an answer....

So he goes and they offer him a a new position, raise, ect...... but it still couldn't match the new job he got

I was happy to stay with my current company, it was the location i didnt like...very isolated

when the regional manager rang me i told him this, told him how much more i was offered...they created a new role for me (which they didnt want to create for 2 years yet - plant is undergoing a massive upgrade atm - were going to offer me the role in 2 years time, but wanted me to stay so have started it 2 years ahead of time) at one of the bigger sites, in a bigger town, closer to mine and my wifes family, plus more $$$ and relocation costs (Packing, Moving, Unpacking + money for incidentals + will pay my rent for 3 months)

They are a good company to work for, so i was more than happy to stay