FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I love to see the sky full of stars in the night.

ratanegra
The thing I like to do the most is lie down on the roof of my house and watch the stars while the cold wind caresses all my body. Sometimes I see a falling star and I make a wish. I must say that the happiest nights of my life are when I lie down with my cousin, laughing both of us and talking about everything while watching the sky.

Yesterday I was going to watch the stars when it started to rain... Wild weeping clouds saddening my desolated soul.
standready
I like looking at the stars also. Neighbor has an iphone with an app that if you point at a star, planet, space station, shuttle; it will tell the name and information such as distance away. Pretty neat.
iman
Yes, lying down on the field in a cloudless night is awesome. It makes you feel really small.
Cliffer
yes,stars full of sky is very beautiful,i like to see them too.
jigoku05
The 4 of you are either girls, gays, or stoned.
deanhills
jigoku05 wrote:
Have a look at this "virtual" Website. Maybe it could give you an idea why people like to do sky watching:

http://www.sky-map.org/
goutha
Well, I don't think that there's alot of people that don't like to watch the sky by night with all the stars.
deanhills
The most brilliant night sky I have ever seen was in the Namibia Desert near the Skeleton Coast. The part of the desert where we visited was completely pristine, also completely "dead", there was no animal life or birds, and one could actually "hear" the quiet. That was an unforgettable view of the night sky, without any pollution or city lights in the way.
ankitdatashn
I personally enjoy nature and long for more of it, yes I too love watching the stars, I remember how in childhood we used to lay down our foldable bed on the roof and watch the stars till we get lulled into sleep. Nature is definitely a beauty, alas that it's getting destroyed, wonder if in coming years the pollution and smoke will let us see the stars let alone admire them!
SonLight
deanhills wrote:
Have a look at this "virtual" Website. Maybe it could give you an idea why people like to do sky watching:

Thanks for sharing that beautiful site with us. I cannot use many of its features -- probably it is not completely compatible with opera, but it looks good. They seem to be catering to the totally non-tech crowd, so some of it is too eye-candy to suit me.

Unfortunately most of us no longer have the option of seeing the stars at night unless we go long distances to do it, so this virtual, wannabe-starry-facebook site may be as close to the real thing as most of us will get. Of course the telescopic photos are great, and maybe as awe-inspiring as the original night sky we seldom see anymore.

No, ankitdatashn, it's not smoke or air pollution. but city lights that prevent us from seeing stars clearly. Even major observatories are threatened, and I hope we are able to greatly reduce upward-pointing light.
Sacred
When your mad and you just go lay out under the sky with all the stars really helps to calm you down Cool
Xanify
I love seeing stars at night. Unfortunately I live in a city with plenty of light pollution ... Sad
Aredon
This is kind of funny because on my way back home this evening I was on this long lonely highway, and it kind of made we want to pull off to one side and lay on top of my car and watch some stars. Cool It's one of those things people don't appreciate very often.
SmoothLake
iman wrote:
Yes, lying down on the field in a cloudless night is awesome. It makes you feel really small.

That's true!
missdixy
I also love looking at the stars but I miss being able to do it in my own backyard while I laid on the grass or the trampoline. Maybe once I get my own place.
ProfessorY91
jigoku05 wrote:

No, no, and no. I'd like to start an intellectual debate or polite conversation, but pardon me... go live underground and take your pants with you.

I live in the country so I receive very little light pollution. Finding constellations, watching the stars, and spotting the occasional meteor shower is definitely a favorite pastime of mine.
nam_siddharth
I too love it. A clear sky without clouds and moon and full with stars and only stars. You can get the perfect view from only rural areas.
Ghost900
I enjoy looking at the stars when I am camping deep in the woods away from city lights. It is a very nice sight. Smile
HalfBloodPrince
jigoku05 wrote:

soljarag
outer space amazes me..... I love all the shows on the Science channel about space, multiple dimensions and stuff
chatrack
Hi,
It is very interesting to watch the stars and planets and other heavenly bodies in night. It become more interesting when you are guided by an experience person. I do have such days in my child hood.
My uncle is a lover of science. We used to lay on the top floor and he explain how the universe is made up of.
apple
I grew up in a quite unpopulated area so at night the place was pretty dark. My sister and I would take 2 blankets outside...1 to place on the grass for us to lay upon and the other for covering incase we feel a chill.

It has been many years since I have has the opportunity to gaze at and get lost within the sparkling patterns above.
Shadowninja7194
I just went to the rockys..it seems the stars there are so much brighter haha.
nam_siddharth
Last night I got the opportunity to see the sky full with stars after several years. It was amazing!
mshafiq
I wish if I will get this opportunity soon.

I have been living in apartment since six years (from the day I came to Canada) and never ever got opportunity to see stars while trying to sleep in the bed on the roof.
driftingfe3s
It is hard to see stars living in the city. With so much light pollution its rare to see more than a handful of stars. This is why I love camping, with no lights around the night sky looks amazing.
andysart380
i just drove to Florida and back from new England and it was overcast half of the trip i was so bummed out looking through the sunroof and not seeing anything.... i love the stars...especially looking at them on top of a hill where it feels like you can touch them and having your gal cuddled up next to ya....makes a great night in my book.
the-guide
iman wrote:

... and more relaxation, I love to do as well. Unfortunately, not often I have that opportunity. Sad
deanhills
I'm almost on my way to Thailand for a mini-sabbatical. Wonder whether I will be able to see the stars. Am going to an island away from large cities. So will be interesting whether the sky will be more pristine and the starts brighter.
mshafiq
Yesterday I was able to see stars [unfortunately not full sky just a portion from my apartment] through window of my apartment.

BUT

Honestly speaking, there is no comparison what I had been seeing lying on the roof.
jigoku05
Oh my god! I love stargazing! Now I think I'm so deep and artistic!
bjornhoogeveen
HalfBloodPrince wrote:
jigoku05 wrote:

Whaha, your a funny one Very Happy ! But I must say: you are right. I always look at the sky in the summer night. (I don't do it when it's cold outside...)
goutha
I love the bear answer Laughing
mshafiq
I am going to have this opportunity but visit is not pleasant though*..

I am visiting back home as my both parents are sick.
My father is suffering from paralysis (right side is not active).
and in the same week, my mother suffered from a disk/bone joint displacement and is suffering from pain.

As both are in 90s, I will have to go to serve them, particularly my mother weeps a lot remembering me.
toasterintheoven
I'd like to know if anyone else gets this around their area, whereever I look up to see stars at night, they flash in red and blue, if so, do you know what could be causing it? Could it just be flouresence from night lighting? If that's the case, seems to be pretty strong since I live 30 minutes outside the nearest city, or maybe I should get my eyes checked?
Greatking
well its simply breathtaking to watch the sky, its one of the most beautiful creations. i see stars as people, we are all up there shining, no one is conflicting or competing with the other, we are all one people, its a beautiful wold and i thank God he created the stars.
nigam
i see stars as a guardian in the sky....very beautiful...i usually went to the roof top just watching the stars at night...
mshafiq
Now a days I am in my old home (back-home)
and I am able to see stars (full sky)

but have a lot responsibilities too.

Soon I will be back with detail.
Utopia GFR
Sounds like sweet romance Smile

I would definitely lie down on the grass with my girlfriend and watch the stars along with a nice wine bottle Smile

I believe the entire scheme is the key to a very successful romantic outdoor evening Laughing
Bluedoll
Awe is star talk. It is really so amazing. They have so much beauty and make me feel so small. I need to do more of this, what a great post! I do like how the summer sky and winter sky’s change. Of course, we change too with our cities. I think some stars have colour. I think mars (not really a star but there too) and another far away star pulse with colour however cities have gas and light around them so they affect what we see. In a way, this is astonishing too. Also, the telescopes (Hubbell is great!) we have in space give us star pictures no other generation has ever seen before. Fantastic.
engammalsko
when i lived on the country side i used to go out and smoke and look at the starts Very Happy but it's also amazing here in the cities Smile
deanhills
engammalsko wrote:
when i lived on the country side i used to go out and smoke and look at the starts Very Happy but it's also amazing here in the cities Smile
I'm puzzled. How can you really see the stars in the cities? With so much lighting and smog? Or do you have a planetarium?
Bluedoll
Star light, star bright, I wish I was, I wish I might . . . Tell me stars are more than a massive, luminous ball of plasma held together by gravity.
mshafiq
Now it is winter and we are back to our beds inside the rooms.
let us see if we will be able to them again in summer.

However we can enjoy although it was really different and wonderful when lying on cots/beds on roofs watching the naked sky in night.

Good Luck!
deanhills
mshafiq wrote:
Now it is winter and we are back to our beds inside the rooms.
let us see if we will be able to them again in summer.
Well you can always visit a planetarium, either the real thing, or a virtual planetarium online .... it probably could give you even a better view Smile
Bluedoll
In all kinds of weather stars are just spectacular if only in a glimpse in dark night or near bright light or by the red nose glow or you can lock on to hubble for a while.
Wink
sudipbanerjee
in my childhood days I always dreamt about night with full of stars. But alas at that time we lived in a rented house and our landlord don't give us permission to come in the roof. At present we have own house and there is no need of permission to go to the roof. But after spending a day with hectic schedule in workplace when I came in my home I like only my bed, my sweet bed.
mukesh
I also like to see full fill starts in Sky. This types of situation always i found in my Village area. In town area this is only amazine for me.
mshafiq
By the way, what happens in the areas when nights after for many months.
Do they still enjoy the view of sky full or stars?

Any comments will be appreciated (from those areas especially).

thanks!