FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Quotable Frihost Posts

deanhills
I was wondering whether we could create Quotable Frihost Postings, that will link up with a "Quotable Frihost" Forum database. Perhaps we could have a link with postings that we could click on that will bring us to a page of Quotable Frihost Postings, similar to a page such as reporting postings, and then clicking on the reasons why the Frihoster thinks it should be included as a Quotable Frihost Posting. Then Bondings or a dedicated Moderator can make the final decision whether the posting is worthy of being made into a quotable Frihost posting. There are quite a few that I have read that would have been great for "keepsakes", or just plain funny to refer back to. We could have different categories, i.e. Funnies, Famous Political Forum or Religion and Philosophy Forum Quotes, Great IT ideas, etc. etc.
saratdear
Are you asking for a dedicated button saying "Quotable posts"? I think that would be going too far. But I support the idea of creating a page containing such memorable posts. A featured discussion, maybe?
Bondings
Quotable Frihost Postings doesn't seem like the right name for it, at least it took quite a while for me to realize what you meant. At first I thought you meant we should make a list of quotes you could select to include in a post. Wink

Anyway, I think it indeed would be a good idea to have a feature to mark good/funny posts and then put the top results somewhere, and maybe give a reward to the top ones.

The problem is that I already have a lot of things planned for Frihost. So this will probably not be for soon, sorry.
deanhills
Bondings wrote:
Quotable Frihost Postings doesn't seem like the right name for it, at least it took quite a while for me to realize what you meant. At first I thought you meant we should make a list of quotes you could select to include in a post. Wink
Thanks Bondings. You're right, the wording was very clumsy ... Smile Glad you could decipher it, as you did get it right. What prompted this thread was after I had read a very funny posting in the Frihost Website Support Forum called "Hacked". The guy had -200 points and 38 posts .... the way he put it just had me almost rolling with laughter. But while I was thinking of that I also thought about special keepsake threads like the Philosopher Princess Competition at the end of 2006, and some really good postings from posters like Indi, Bikerman and Ocalhoun to mention a few that I am familiar with. I'm certain there are memorable postings in the IT Forums and the Language Forums as well. I wish we could have more funnies however. The "hacked" one was a classic.

How I visualized it was a little link at the bottom of the posting that would be called something like: Submit for Frihost Quotable Postings. And then maybe yourself or a Moderator could check whether they are worthy of a keepsake. Obviously this would be a luxury item and near the bottom of Frihost priorities.