FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to delete files of other users in ubunt? using root admi

Peterssidan
Use sudo or similar to get more privileges. I think that should work.
Fire Boar
Alt+F2, then type gksudo nautilus.

By the way, the internet isn't like a mobile phone. It doesn't cost you more money to write "please help" than "pls help", and the former makes people more inclined to help. Just some friendly advice.
Iguleder
Log in as the other user or use sudo. Real Linux distros don't come with sudo, because real Linux users use a regular user for everything and root for all techy stuff. Very Happy

Ubuntu ... yuck.
Fire Boar
Iguleder wrote:
Log in as the other user or use sudo. Real Linux distros don't come with sudo, because real Linux users use a regular user for everything and root for all techy stuff. Very Happy

Ubuntu ... yuck.

That's just elitist and impractical. The fact is, sudo is extremely useful. On distros where it doesn't come preinstalled, I install it anyway. Sure, you could use su -c but that's nowhere near as flexible. For example, with sudo you can give fine-grained permissions to various people to do certain tasks but not others, and they all use their own password, not one "all or nothing" root password. In the old days, one "superuser" was okay, but now it's an outdated and silly concept that only works in the most basic scenario.

As for "Ubuntu... yuck", what exactly is it about Ubuntu that offends you so much? The fact that it's so popular? Guess what, it's a distribution that intends to appeal to the majority: "Linux for human beings", and since it's so popular, that's a pretty clear indication that it must be doing something right. How about its speed? Significant improvements to speed have been made in the last year or so, and it now runs as fast and often faster than most other distributions. The theme? Well, if you don't like it, you can easily change it. So what is it?
rewrite
Nice one! I agree. Ubuntu is cool man. I mean... I wish it was like arch linux, but that's alright, the important thing is I can edit anything I want. Which is fun, because windows wouldn't let me change things like the start button, and everything else that it won't let you do.

But even then windows is still pretty important, and useful
Peterssidan
Why did the first post by tamilparks disappear? Now people might think I created this topic Razz
Iguleder
Laughing

I don't get this too, the topic starts with the answer. Very Happy
Fire Boar
From past experience of this user, I'm fairly sure that "tamilparks" is actually most of the time being piloted by a spam bot while someone on the other end profits by getting free hosting: my primary (but not only) evidence for this claim is this exchange. However, the question was in fact this time one that someone might genuinely ask, which is why I gave an answer here.

Anyway, I think the first post disappeared because the moderators are cottoning on. Smile
tamilparks
sorry for the mistakes