FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Republicans' website asks for suggestions





Bondings
Republicans' website asks for suggestions and they get some good (funny) ones. Very Happy

Quote:
"A 'teacher' told my child in class that dolphins were mammals and not fish!" a third complains. "And the same thing about whales! We need TRADITIONAL VALUES in all areas of education. If it swims in the water, it is a FISH. Period! End of Story."


Quote:
"End Child Labor Laws," suggests one helpful participant. "We coddle children too much. They need to spend their youth in the factories."


http://www.americaspeakingout.com/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/25/AR2010052504396.html
TVme
And the classic - There's always one:

Quote:
"Legalize Marijuana, cause, like, alcohol is legal. Man. Also." That was in the "traditional values" section.


Here's one added since your initial post.

Quote:
We should save money by closing schools and have a bunch of educational chanells on TV that will compete for the chidrens viewership. Free market solutions.


Notice the spelling.
standready
Too funny, Bondings! Although there are some serious ones as well.

Quote:
"Legalize Marijuana, cause, like, alcohol is legal. Man. Also." That was in the "traditional values" section.

Mr. Obama would you kindly stay off our website please.
eday2010
You have to wonder how many of those suggestions are serious rather than jokes/pranks. I find it a bit hard to believe that someone who thinks that anything that swims is a fish is smart enough to navigate to a website to post something using a form.
Bondings
eday2010 wrote:
You have to wonder how many of those suggestions are serious rather than jokes/pranks. I find it a bit hard to believe that someone who thinks that anything that swims is a fish is smart enough to navigate to a website to post something using a form.

A lot of people believe that and they are certainly able to post it on a website. That said, most likely this one is a joke of course, just like the majority of the other suggestions.

The linguistic definition of a fish being everything that swims in the water is actually still widely used and taught to small children. A few hundred years ago this was actually the common definition of a fish.
toasterintheoven
hopefully by next year marijuana will be legalized in california
Nameless
I swim in the water. I am also a fish.
Magicman
This really seems like republicans have never even been on the internet. Hopefully for them it will eventually become relatively self regulating and have only the good ideas visible while the stupid ones get buried to the bottom. Either that or it will be taken over by jokesters. I would assume they have some kind of IP filter on the site which only allows people in America to post suggestions. Otherwise it will not work too well for long.
deanhills
Magicman wrote:
I would assume they have some kind of IP filter on the site which only allows people in America to post suggestions. Otherwise it will not work too well for long.
I thought that was a democrat line, or have they changed their policy? It was the Dems who wanted to restrict outsourcing and keep trade in the States including restrictions on Canadian imports into the States of raw materials?
ocalhoun
deanhills wrote:
Magicman wrote:
I would assume they have some kind of IP filter on the site which only allows people in America to post suggestions. Otherwise it will not work too well for long.
I thought that was a democrat line, or have they changed their policy? It was the Dems who wanted to restrict outsourcing and keep trade in the States including restrictions on Canadian imports into the States of raw materials?

Perhaps some of them feel this way, but one of the more notable things Clinton did was to remove barriers to trade.
timothymartin
They wont make drugs legal because then they wouldnt be able to illegal tax it, and thats big money off the books.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Magicman wrote:
I would assume they have some kind of IP filter on the site which only allows people in America to post suggestions. Otherwise it will not work too well for long.
I thought that was a democrat line, or have they changed their policy? It was the Dems who wanted to restrict outsourcing and keep trade in the States including restrictions on Canadian imports into the States of raw materials?

Perhaps some of them feel this way, but one of the more notable things Clinton did was to remove barriers to trade.
Would you say that Clinton did better than Obama did in comparison?
Afaceinthematrix
timothymartin wrote:
They wont make drugs legal because then they wouldnt be able to illegal tax it, and thats big money off the books.


Nonsense. What you just said doesn't even remotely make sense. Keeping drugs illegal has absolutely nothing to do with money to the U.S. government. If it did, then how come the U.S. spends billions of dollars a year on their "War on Drugs" which is an absolute failure and a complete violation of basic rights? In fact, it has been estimated that legalizing drugs would save the government $76.8 billion dollars per year. $44.1 would be saved each year from the costs of the war on drugs and the rest would be saved by taxing drugs... So drugs are not illegal because of money to the government. They're illegal because we've had some terrible people (Reagan for one) that put their personal beliefs and preferences ahead of doing what is right and moral and also because of certain lobbyists (like the alcohol industry; they feel that if marijuana was legal then they'd lose business... which is probably true. However, marijuana is far less dangerous than alcohol. In fact, the U.S. government tried banning alcohol years ago and they failed even worse than they're failing to ban other drugs today).

Yet you said the opposite. The government doesn't do an "illegal" tax on drugs. Instead, they waste money treating you like a criminal because you want to get high and put drugs in your own body. Yet legalizing drugs would enable a product that they could heavily tax - like tobacco and alcohol. This is the strongest argument that people use for arguing that drugs should be legal.

I, of course, don't really care about the economic incentives of legalizing drugs. I want drugs to be legal because I believe in freedom. If you aren't hurting someone else (and you're an adult), then you should be able to use drugs...

Edit: Furthermore, I don't actually believe that legalizing drugs would end up saving the country as much money as other people do because I believe that the only moral thing to do would be to use the tax revenue from drugs (about $22.7 billion) and use it to offer free rehabilitation programs to people who wish to get clean... It was their money, after all. So the government would only really save $21.4 billion. Plus, I think fewer people would be addicted to drugs if this program was instituted so the war on drugs really is ridiculous.
deanhills
I'm certain that there is something in what you are saying, especially about efforts in combating illegal drugs costing a lot versus any success, but then maybe that is relative to the excessive demand for drugs and desperate people willing to pay almost anything to get it, enriching those who are cashing in on their helplessness in a big way. Maybe the Government just does not have enough funds to compete with those drug traffickers. Parents are already having such difficulties to keep their kids away from drugs.

There is an enormous difference between a cocaine addict and tobacco or alcohol, not that I am minimizing the latter, but there are differences in degrees. Marijuana can be obtained under prescription, and I think that is how it should stay. It is still a drug. And not good in the hands of kids who would not know how to cope with it if it should get out of hand. I had a friend who experimented with it when we were teens who almost died as a result, it was real touch and go. I had many other friends who also experimented and were OK with it, but then most people would be OK with a lot of drugs that can only be obtained by prescription. The legislation is mostly there for the few who can be effected so as to protect them. Not all people are in your superhuman self-controlled and perfect category. Some do need protection. From doing harm to themselves, or being physically vulnerable to certain chemical substances. And yes, there are many people cashing in on their plight, including the pharmaceutical industry, medical profession and the Government. Hopefully if people fight in the right balance, they can at least maintain a balance in all of this.
Afaceinthematrix
deanhills wrote:
I'm certain that there is something in what you are saying, especially about efforts in combating illegal drugs costing a lot versus any success, but then maybe that is relative to the excessive demand for drugs and desperate people willing to pay almost anything to get it, enriching those who are cashing in on their helplessness in a big way. Maybe the Government just does not have enough funds to compete with those drug traffickers.


That has nothing to do with it. The reason why it costs so much is that the government wastes a lot of money locking up drug addicts and treating them as criminals - even when they have done nothing wrong.

Quote:
Parents are already having such difficulties to keep their kids away from drugs.


...including alcohol and cigarettes but does that mean they should be banned?
Quote:

There is an enormous difference between a cocaine addict and tobacco or alcohol, not that I am minimizing the latter, but there are differences in degrees. Marijuana can be obtained under prescription, and I think that is how it should stay. It is still a drug.

And this is where people get confused. Of course marijuana is a drug. But why and the Hell does that mean it should be banned? Yes cocaine is worse than tobacco and alcohol. But again, why does the government arbitrarily have the right to tell a grown adult that they do not have the right to use it? That is immoral and restricting freedom.

Quote:
And not good in the hands of kids who would not know how to cope with it if it should get out of hand.

So don't sell it to kids... Of course they'll still get it... But they'll also get tobacco, alcohol, prescription drugs, fast food even when they're fat, etc.

Quote:
I had a friend who experimented with it when we were teens who almost died as a result, it was real touch and go. I had many other friends who also experimented and were OK with it, but then most people would be OK with a lot of drugs that can only be obtained by prescription. The legislation is mostly there for the few who can be effected so as to protect them.

And what if I don't want the government to "protect" me? I am an adult... And if I want to use marijuana or any other drug, then it should be my right - as long as I am not hurting anyone else.

Quote:
Not all people are in your superhuman self-controlled and perfect category. Some do need protection. From doing harm to themselves, or being physically vulnerable to certain chemical substances. And yes, there are many people cashing in on their plight, including the pharmaceutical industry, medical profession and the Government. Hopefully if people fight in the right balance, they can at least maintain a balance in all of this.


You're looking at this all wrong. The point is that we need to have freedom. I have never heard one person that was able to tell me why the government should be able to tell a grown adult what they can't put in their body (and then when they do put it in their body, why they should be able to arrest the individual). Anti-drug laws are both immoral and unconstitutional. Just because YOU don't like drugs doesn't give you the right to tell ME that I do not have the right to use them. If you don't like them then congratulations, do not use them... But don't arrest me for using them.
timothymartin
Its all about knowing the difference between a suggestion and an opinion.
Related topics
Two suggestions
My Website
Better Website suggestions
Class Website
Website about the Goa'uld (website = Dutch)
Suggestions for a layout for a movie distribution website...
What kind of car/bike do you have
Review My site [UPDATE: Giving away free links]
What is a good video camera that isn't too expensive?
Website ideas/suggestions - 5frih$ for each
PayPal Fee
Developing a Login Script for Website
How do you find my website?
Help required with Captcha script
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.