FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Zero salary to work in beijing.

Cliffer
hard to find job, college graduates in beijing choose to work for some companies with zero salary.
Peterssidan
Do they get something other in return like food or something? Otherwise must ask why they work for companies for free?
Nemesis234
thats what we call volunteering

i guess if a proper job came up they would give it to a volunteer than someone else, good reason for doing it.
HoytJolly
I have heard about some of the working conditions in India where people work for months without pay. They are hired and told that they will receive a salary, but every time payday comes around, the boss tells them that he does not have any money to give them. Still, the workers are so happy to just have a job, they continue to work for the guy. To them, having the job is more important that the money. If that ever happened in the USA, there would be several lawsuits.
r4inm4ker
Cliffer wrote:
hard to find job, college graduates in beijing choose to work for some companies with zero salary.

did you mean internship? because working for free hardly make any sense for me (of course some people could make irrational choices when desperate).
do you have any source for this information?
Cliffer
r4inm4ker wrote:
Cliffer wrote:

did you mean internship? because working for free hardly make any sense for me (of course some people could make irrational choices when desperate).

oh,i don't know the details,just got this news from tv comment. will you go to beijing to work?
mark1230
same is with different parts of world nothing new in it.You can see Africa,India and even U.s with underemployment ,seasonal employment and un employment.

Sources " I am unemployed too"
inuyasha
In fact this happens not only in Beijing but China. We're told to get further education(even PhD) in order that it's easier to get a job. University graduates are more and more nowadays, which is the reason. None of my classmates decides to stop education after the university.
soljarag
HoytJolly wrote:
I have heard about some of the working conditions in India where people work for months without pay. They are hired and told that they will receive a salary, but every time payday comes around, the boss tells them that he does not have any money to give them. Still, the workers are so happy to just have a job, they continue to work for the guy. To them, having the job is more important that the money. If that ever happened in the USA, there would be several lawsuits.

Then how do they eat and pay rent? There is NO way you can survive without money, unless you live at the office and they give you food Smile
PureReborn
Sounds like an internship to get experience/foot in the door. But it really is becoming hard to get a job in China coming out of university, unless you went to one of the famous ones or has family connections.
r4inm4ker
Cliffer wrote:
r4inm4ker wrote:
Cliffer wrote:

oh,i don't know the details,just got this news from tv comment. will you go to beijing to work?

if there's pretty good opportunity and payments, why not? It's quite developed now, along with Shanghai.
deanhills
Cliffer wrote:
I would do the same. As this way one is building experience and can put it down on a CV. Most employers overlook college graduates as they don't have experience. So if the graduate can come up with experience, and maybe a testimonial from that employer, that would improve his chances of employment elsewhere.