FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Centos - Not enough space

DanielXP
Hello All!

I was following this tutorial,
http://wiki.openvz.org/User_Guide/Installation_and_Preliminary_Operations#Disk_Partitioning

When it comes to making the /vz partition i get the following messeage.

Quote:
Not enough space
The current requested size (377...... MB) is larger than maxium logical volume size (209....... MB). To increase this limit you can create more Phyical Volumes from unparitioned disk space and add them to this Volume Group.

Even though the Free Space says i have enough for it, I have attached a screenshot of this below.

All help on this would be great!

Regards
Daniel Collins
rickylau
(Wow, your hard disk space is quite extremely large lol... 3x 1TB??)
I'm not so familiar with linux partitioning, but as what I've read in Wikipedia, the file system you're selecting (ext3) supports volumes up to 2TB ~ 32 TB (which 2TB = that 2097xxxx MB in the prompt you provided), larger volume limit is applicable when "Block size" increases. Maybe you can

- Set a larger block size (as what I can see from your screen, I have no idea about doing so)
- Use only 2TB for your \vz partition, and use the rest in others (but what those "other" are, I have no idea too)
- Use other file system rather then ext3? (if possible, ext4 suite your need more since it supports larger volume)
- Do what the prompt tells you (but I have no idea on what it means as well...)
DanielXP
rickylau wrote:
(Wow, your hard disk space is quite extremely large lol... 3x 1TB??)
I'm not so familiar with linux partitioning, but as what I've read in Wikipedia, the file system you're selecting (ext3) supports volumes up to 2TB ~ 32 TB (which 2TB = that 2097xxxx MB in the prompt you provided), larger volume limit is applicable when "Block size" increases. Maybe you can

- Set a larger block size (as what I can see from your screen, I have no idea about doing so)
- Use only 2TB for your \vz partition, and use the rest in others (but what those "other" are, I have no idea too)
- Use other file system rather then ext3? (if possible, ext4 suite your need more since it supports larger volume)
- Do what the prompt tells you (but I have no idea on what it means as well...)

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for the reply.

Its actualy 4x 1tb hdds.

I changed the physical extent to 64mb and its lets me take it to the size i want.
Not sure what is this is but if it works then its all good.