FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHPbb MOD

erlendhg
Dear Bondings.
I'm having a PHPbb forum on my Su Doku Programs web site, and I wondered if you could please tell me what MOD you are using to get a menu at the top of the forum pages.

Sincerly

Erlend,
Norway
babumuchhala
I think u are talkin abt the Sponsored Links thing.

You will most prolly find all the hacks & mods u need u will get at the phpBB site http://www.phpbb.com & also at http://phpbbhacks.com
erlendhg
Yeah, I know about these sites and I have searched for a menu MOD, but I can't find anything REALLY good and easy.
Can someone help me?
babumuchhala
Better make it urself, by edditing the requisite files. You can take a look at my forum Teen Hungama I have made the anouncements, affiliates thing myself by editing, the index_body.tpl

Just to tell u i hardly know abt html & stuff, just did it on trial & error. You will get it as lot better when u do it your self. Plus u learn a lot.

So go around trying around. If u are a bit worried u might ruin your forum u can install another phpBB forum in a different directory & try there.
Aelita
yeah i think they just edited it. I dont know of a MOD that would do that, kinda a waste of time, unless people just felt like making it for people who are too lazy to learn how to do it. I dont pay too much attention, but I think they just centered it and mayde added a cpouple lines in..Iunno reall, but try editing it.
n0obie4life
babumuchhala's forum theme is very complicated. If your not sure about templating, its better not to use it.

You can ask me to install stuff for you with FRIH$ Wink.

And I know just the mod your looking for. Actually 2 or 3. Just that, I need you to specify if you want it on the forum itself (and on which page), or other pages outside the forum.
babumuchhala
n0obie4life wrote:
babumuchhala's forum theme is very complicated. If your not sure about templating, its better not to use it.
Thats the chalange. Start learning the toughest & rest will be a piece of cake Wink
n0obie4life
babumuchhala wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
Thats the chalange. Start learning the toughest & rest will be a piece of cake Wink

Not really Wink. You normally should start out with the simple ones Very Happy.
erlendhg
n0obie4life wrote:
And I know just the mod your looking for. Actually 2 or 3. Just that, I need you to specify if you want it on the forum itself (and on which page), or other pages outside the forum.

I need a menu, just a simple one like the one Frihost has above the standard forum menu, who is displayed on each and every page of the forum.
If you know what I'm looking for, please give me a link to it Very Happy
babumuchhala
Do u mean these:

If yes then its a simple edditing of the overall_header.tpl files and nothing else.

Just eddit the files in root\templates\<yourtemplate>\overall_header.tpl

n0obie4life wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

Not really Wink. You normally should start out with the simple ones Very Happy.
And in ur opinion which is the simplest of them. subSilver currently i find tougher than MorpheousX Confused
n0obie4life
subSilver is the simplest!!

All the mods are made for subSilver Smile

So its almost a 100% you'll find the query Wink
SnowBlind
n0obie4life wrote:
subSilver is the simplest!!

All the mods are made for subSilver Smile

So its almost a 100% you'll find the query Wink

actualy subsilver is not the only one that all the modes work on it!
apallachia skin also support all mods.
n0obie4life
Thats because, that skin, is based on subSilver.

All mods are made for subSilver. Nothing else. I won't be wrong about that.

If a mod isn't made for subSilver, it isn't following the phpBB Guidelines.