FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WHICH ANTIVIRUS YOU USE ?? ;-)

Rank these antiVirus
Norton Antivirus
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
AVG antivirus
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
McAfee Antivirus
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Panda Antivirus
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
F-Secure Antivirus
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F-Prot Antivirus
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
BitDefender
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
PC-Cillin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OTHER
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

hellrahul
Plz rank the antivirus that u use.

Don't Say Ur AntiVirus are not listed. (Actually I don't know most of them).

Please specify why u use the specific antivirus.And other special features about it.
Tior
I use NOD32 antivirus,I first tried NOD32 on a good friend's recommendation. This particular friend has, over time, tried many of the anti-virus programs available, so I knew NOD must have something to offer that the others didn't.
When I took a closer look at the Eset website I soon discovered that there were certainly some interesting differences between NOD32 and the traditional AVPs. The main thrust of the NOD32 system is its very efficient and user friendly heuristics analysis. This makes it possible to detect previously unknown viruses without the need for ongoing and frequent definition file updates. NOD32 handles not only the traditional viruses but also detects the increasing numbers of macro viruses, Java viruses, IRC worms and trojans along with other common Internet nasties...
SkillZero
Tior wrote:
I use NOD32 antivirus,I first tried NOD32 on a good friend's recommendation. This particular friend has, over time, tried many of the anti-virus programs available, so I knew NOD must have something to offer that the others didn't.
When I took a closer look at the Eset website I soon discovered that there were certainly some interesting differences between NOD32 and the traditional AVPs. The main thrust of the NOD32 system is its very efficient and user friendly heuristics analysis. This makes it possible to detect previously unknown viruses without the need for ongoing and frequent definition file updates. NOD32 handles not only the traditional viruses but also detects the increasing numbers of macro viruses, Java viruses, IRC worms and trojans along with other common Internet nasties...

same...
kv
MCAfee AV. Will also try NOD32.
GiLaD
I'm so lame... I use NSW [Norton System Work], but I hate it.
I think i'm going to move to Kaspersky or NOD32.

And BTW, I think u should add Kaspersky to the list too, it's very popular.
ronitvohra
Using Avg .....As it occupies less computer resources than norton....
bassgs_17
Sytemworks sucks as an antivirus, but the utilites have saved my pc a few times...
nik
Norton Antivirus
kimia
I'm using kaspersky antivirus .
kaspersky lab is a russian corporation.
Also i've used Norton AntiVirus , McAfee Antivirus , NOD32 antivirus , Quick Heal , ZoneAlarm AntiVrus , Panda AntiVirus.
But now I'm trying kaspersky .
It seems that NAV , McAfee and kaspersky are bettter.
tdebruyn
What about Avast?
It is free (as in free beer) for personnal use, easy to use and quickly updated with newly discovered viruses.

I was using freeav (www.freeav.com) before, I am pretty happy with it on Windows XP, but I have seen it breaking a Windows 98.

But the best solution I have found so far is probably to use Linux and to only install applications from trusted sources and run them as non-root user.

Tom
snowboardalliance
tdebruyn wrote:
What about Avast?
It is free (as in free beer) for personnal use, easy to use and quickly updated with newly discovered viruses.

That's what I have...

Yeah, it updates almost every day
Boles Roor
AVG here. So far it works better then Norton, which I had before. Sad Norton keeps releasing basically the same thing each year with some new eye candy. It used to be really good.
noliver
There is already a similar Anti-Virus Thread on http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2979 - PLEASE do a search before you post a new thread. Thanks Wink

Have a nice day !

-close-