FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Revival of Philosophy in the Philosophy and Religion Forum

deanhills
Something needs to be done to make the Philosophy and Religion Forum more than just rants/debates about religion topics. I'm wondering whether we could revive the competition of the Philosopher Princess at the end of 2006, when she deliberately opted for a topic on philosophy that had a very good outcome.

I tracked down one of the competitors of that competition, and this was his response about why he stopped posting:
Quote:
I stopped following the board mainly as all the threads were religious rants and arguments, and there was in fact very little of interest in a strictly philosophical sense.

I was wondering whether we could get an expert philosopher from the outside, with the kind of expertise and personality of the Philosopher Princess, who could run the competition for two to three months. He/she could then for the duration of the competition get fresh blood (friends) to register with Frihost so as to really make the philosophy debates challenging?
Helios
New users are always welcome. Any good idea for a competition are welcome as well.
If you, or any other user here, know an expert philosopher(s) "from the outside", sure, get him/her(them) to register, and I'm sure it will be beneficial to the forum.

I hope I got your question right, because I don't see why you had to ask that in the first place. Smile
deanhills
Helios wrote:
New users are always welcome. Any good idea for a competition are welcome as well.
If you, or any other user here, know an expert philosopher(s) "from the outside", sure, get him/her(them) to register, and I'm sure it will be beneficial to the forum.

I hope I got your question right, because I don't see why you had to ask that in the first place. Smile
Thanks Helios, you got it completely right, and thanks for the feedback. I will see what I can come up with. My immediate objective is to get to 7500 postings on my anniversary on Monday. Working on the competition will follow after, however, when I find a person, I intend to just introduce this person, hopefully with Bondings' blessing. Once he/she is on the roll, I will take a complete back seat.