FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


What bugs you the most about people?





deanhills
What bugs me the most is when someone who is much bigger bullies someone who is much smaller and who cannot defend him or herself. I can't stand bullies.

Anything special that bugs you about people?
Nemesis234
i get annoyed when people cant stay quiet for more than 5 minutes. i like to sit in silence but some people feel the need to keep on talking, about nothing, just to fill the silence.
soljarag
i get annoyed at people who dont do their jobs

I had a window replaced a few weeks ago... then for the first time it rained yesterday and it was leaking all over .... Turns out they forgot to seal the outside of the window.

So I called and they came out to fix it.... well, they didnt bring a laddar (its on the 2nd floor) .. i'm like... so you install windows and you dont bring a laddar?!?! .... so I let them use mine. Well, they scraped some of the siding off my house when they used it and bent the window screen of a 1st floor window.... so I demanded they leave and now I'm taking it up with the owner..
ProwerBot
People who change what they think of you on a regular basis.
Parkour_Jarrod
People who let the government and media control what they "like" then complain when someone around them thinks for themselves.
Ankhanu
Dishonesty and insincerity... and willful ignorance.
menino
I dislike people who talk alot about themselves, and over- exagerate any events that they were involved in, and how so important they are to their friends, their community, and to you in future.

I also dislike people who try to take advantage of you, without really doing anything for you.
paul_indo
That they exist?
deanhills
paul_indo wrote:
That they exist?
Good one. They definitely come with a lot of room for improvement. For example, I would have loved to have eyes in the back of my head, arms that can stretch further. The ability to be completely invisible so that I can be the proverbial fly against the wall. We should be able to travel from one continent to another, without needing to use planes. I'm almost certain as well that the world would have been a better place without people in it. Collectively they don't have much respect for the environment.
missdixy
What bugs me the most, I think, is when people are unfair and/or cruel. It just really upsets me. A lot of the times I will cry about something not because it's sad but because it's just unfair and it pisses me off!
andysart380
people who talk shit behind your back....if ive got a problem with you ill say it right to you so dont act nice to my face and shit on me when im not there....thats what pisses me off
pll
What annoys me is people that talk shit behind someone (when the other person is not present), but when they really see this person they act like they're good friends
natilovesmike
yeah...it bugs me that some people are totally arrogant and ...really they are just ignorant.
goutha
Agressivity.

People asking too much questions.
David_Pardy
People who think just because they have a small amount of knowledge in particular areas that they can tell you what you're doing wrong.

Also, working in IT I get to see a lot of people who see themselves as being higher up in the food chain, and that I'm at the bottom. Personally, I couldn't care less about any food chains and I make it very clear to people that their arrogance has no effect on me. Obviously when I'm dealing with the CEO, however, I'm quite polite and subservient but in my experience it's usually managers who think they're better than me...

Ironically, if they were better than me they wouldn't need my help to clear a paper jam Wink.

But there are many things which bother me about humanity as a whole. A lot of it has to do with the perversion of Western society, where you have a bunch of ignorant do-gooders trying to bubble wrap everyone and hold back progress.

100 years ago if someone tripped over and scraped a knee they'd be told to get up and keep walking. These days, the same person sues the other person for leaving a stick on the ground instead of cleaning it up. Parents aren't allowed to hit their children because it's "assault", even though there is a huge difference between assault and a disciplinary smack.

So yeah... To sum things up without going into way too much detail, I'm going to make a list:

Do-gooders
Other drivers
Idiots who go out looking to start fights
People who think they know everything when they know very little
People who think I'm at the bottom of the food chain
Politicians
Kevin Rudd
Wayne Swan
Julia Gillard
Stephen Conroy
Germaine Greer and her army of idiot feminazis

And so on in that fashion.
meep
arrogance and people that always complain about how sad their lives are and still think they're awesome
Vrythramax
People who whine about everything while doing nothing to change the things they are complaining about really tick me off.
missdixy
Vrythramax wrote:
People who whine about everything while doing nothing to change the things they are complaining about really tick me off.


i totally agree with this haha this really bugs me too!
standready
Too many to list (many above) so I will just be general:

People that lack respect for others. People that have no morals.
Parkour_Jarrod
standready wrote:
Too many to list (many above) so I will just be general:

People that lack respect for others. People that have no morals.


Like you said, too many to list, so i will be general aswell:

People.

Enough Said.
Xanify
Incompetence.
eday2010
For me it used to be people's general stupidity. For instance, not knowing how to open the back doors on a bus. They never notice the bus they get on is a new model or whatever, and thus never scout the back doors before they get to them. We've had some buses here for six or more years, and people still don't know how to open the doors.

But all that have been knocked down to second place by people's reliance on the internet and their cell phone. It amazes me and saddens me how some people cannot seem to live without a cellphone and/or being connected to the internet at all times. It's just pathetic.
Nameless
That they're not me.

Or WORSE. That they're like me and it makes me feel secretly ashamed.

Yeah.
iman
The people who do not attempt or try to understand other people's feelings. If you think about it, much of the problems we have in the world can be solved by understanding each other.
ankitdatashn
Many points have already been mentioned which turn me off: people who talk behind back and people who bully a weaker person, I am also often bullied as I am a short statured person so I do not have so much force to push a person away, often I think upon this that we don't use power to shove someone off but instead we portray our ego.. I have also mentioned about it in my blog with quite a lot of emotions: http://inkingmylife.blogspot.com/2010/03/world-from-5-feet-and-4-inches.html
goutha
I feel that everything turns around you and yourself ...



Nameless wrote:
That they're not me.

Or WORSE. That they're like me and it makes me feel secretly ashamed.

Yeah.
Nick2008
Yeah, too much to list.

But what tops my list is:
-People who ask for too much when they don't need it.
-People who always try to dominate over you by giving stupid reasons (I'm better than you because I got to work 10 minutes earlier, I'm better than you because I just got a pay raise, I'm better than you because I have 10 points on my driving record and you have 9, yadda yadda...).
-People who will never compliment you or say thank you, but are ALWAYS willing to complain and correct your "mistakes."
-People who never allow you to finish your thought and cut you off mid sentence acting like they are the center of the world's attention.
-Finally, my biggest pet peeve, is the people who will purposefully annoy the snot out of you because they "feel" like doing it and acting like a lowlife jackass in the process.

I rarely meet people who show full respect, morals, understanding, and thoughtfulness anymore, especially here in the USA. There are definitely good people in the US, but to be quite honest, I have never met this much of immature, disrespectful people in one country before. Maybe parenting has gone downhill or the values of respect went out the window, I don't know what it is. When I used to live in Canada, Czech Republic, and Russia, it was much easier to come by respectful people.

Unfortunately, the majority of traits for people that I listed above I didn't even know existed until I moved in to the US. I just didn't think people could be like this, there was always a bad apple, but here it seems like every 4th or 5th person has at least 1 or 2 of these traits. Look, we even have a thread dedicated to discussing such people. Laughing

Another thing that boggles my mind, why do people have a habit of making a huge hysteria about small problems, yet always turn their backs and try to ignore the big problems?
Nick2008
THESE people bug me especially:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/passers_by_let_good_sam_die_5SGkf5XDP5ooudVuEd8fbI
Greatking
i just cant stand people not doing their jobs and irresponsible people! i have being trying to control myself just so i can work with them. lazy people are just too much for me to handle especially when they have got to do something for themselves, its terrible.
deanhills
Nick2008 wrote:
THESE people bug me especially:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/passers_by_let_good_sam_die_5SGkf5XDP5ooudVuEd8fbI
That is very true. But on the other hand, whether right or wrong, isn't this how society is educating its children right now. All children are taught not to respond to strangers, not to get involved in situations that don't concern them. It bugs me too however and I can see your point. I wonder whether someone thought of dialling 911 in the example you gave?
guissmo
It bugs me when people think they know everything about a certain topic. When you disagree with them, they'll almost always automatically give an immediate retort no matter how illogical and wrong they might be.

It's annoying since they're so narrow-minded and stay on their side without even considering the situation from others' perspectives.
jmlworld
What annoys me about people are too much to list here but I will tell the most annoying.

1. When a person with broader shoulders and bigger head sits in front of you and cannot see anything upfront.

2. When somebody talks laud in a cinema and you can't hear anything.

3. Anybody who tapped your girlfriend up all the time.

4. Jacks of all trades.

5. Teachers who make revenge using the exam papers.
deanhills
jmlworld wrote:
1. When a person with broader shoulders and bigger head sits in front of you and cannot see anything upfront.

2. When somebody talks laud in a cinema and you can't hear anything.
Now these are really good ones. Including people using their mobile phones.
Insanity
I hate people who are cocky beyond reason. Even if they can back up their loud mouth, it's still very annoying to hear them brag and boast all the time. People need more humility.

Also, religious people.
msphoto
I abhor litterbugs. Often when I am at the beach I go with a trash bag and pick up litter. Often people may leave litter NEAR a trash can, but not in it. People who leave soiled baby diapers on the beach... People who bring their dogs when dogs are posted as not allowed--and they don't even clean up the dog do.

For the outdoors--I propose leave it as you found it-or better-.
andysart380
David_Pardy wrote:
People who think just because they have a small amount of knowledge in particular areas that they can tell you what you're doing wrong.

Also, working in IT I get to see a lot of people who see themselves as being higher up in the food chain, and that I'm at the bottom. Personally, I couldn't care less about any food chains and I make it very clear to people that their arrogance has no effect on me. Obviously when I'm dealing with the CEO, however, I'm quite polite and subservient but in my experience it's usually managers who think they're better than me...

Ironically, if they were better than me they wouldn't need my help to clear a paper jam Wink.

But there are many things which bother me about humanity as a whole. A lot of it has to do with the perversion of Western society, where you have a bunch of ignorant do-gooders trying to bubble wrap everyone and hold back progress.

100 years ago if someone tripped over and scraped a knee they'd be told to get up and keep walking. These days, the same person sues the other person for leaving a stick on the ground instead of cleaning it up. Parents aren't allowed to hit their children because it's "assault", even though there is a huge difference between assault and a disciplinary smack.

So yeah... To sum things up without going into way too much detail, I'm going to make a list:

Do-gooders
Other drivers
Idiots who go out looking to start fights
People who think they know everything when they know very little
People who think I'm at the bottom of the food chain
Politicians
Kevin Rudd
Wayne Swan
Julia Gillard
Stephen Conroy
Germaine Greer and her army of idiot feminazis

And so on in that fashion.


you summed it up realy good
Bikerman
What has Germaine Greer done to upset you?
jigoku05
When people stops in front of an escalator. Or when people are oblivious that they're blocking the way.
deanhills
jigoku05 wrote:
When people stops in front of an escalator. Or when people are oblivious that they're blocking the way.
Now that features very high on my list of irritations as well. The one in front of an escalator is of the worse ones. And then people having a chat on a very small pavement, with lots of traffic passing, i.e. the pavement is the only option for walking. Grrrrr ....
achowles
Liars. Most of all it's lying that will turn me off a person fast. It pretty comprehensively destroys any reason I might have to give that person any more of my time. There are of course, other character traits I don't like.

Disrespect is another big one. Not just to me, but in general. I'm not saying that people have to walk around like paragons of virtue, but there's no reason to tread on others either. Equally, if you're inclined to, then there's no reason for them to care about you in the slightest.
hersandal
What bugs me about are those people who do kiss ass on their boss for the work that they don't do and get credit. that's just insane and it happens in the real world of company.
LittleBlackKitten
Personally I can't handle those that make garish assumptions about me and my finances and form opinions of me based of those assumptions or of one lone conversation. I have no respect for people who do not ask me first before making their assumptions.

I also really dislike those who lie to me. If I catch anyone in a lie, I get viciously angry. I can't handle liars.

Lastly, I can't deal with people who let themselves voluntarily get in to substance abuse. I can understand a drink or three now and again; I understand coffee and red bull and teas.... but why get yourself hooked into something you could have avoided? I have no tolerance for drunks, food addicts, drug addicts, and the other kinds of things that can very well be avoided and controlled.
nigam
what annoys me if someone introduces products in the mall and the woman talked positively about that certain product and when you are about to left her, she will announce on mic not leave yet because she is not finished or she will hold you to let you and insist to buy their product...does anyone happen that to you also...it is really very annoying.......
tingkagol
I'm irritated by:

1. Know-it-alls
2. Office 'politicians'
3. Dumb lyricists
4. Grouches
5. Cynics - though I'm a bit myself, I hate my kind and I hate it when I fall into cynic thought. But I can't help sometimes.
6. Customer-is-always-right abusers who think being a customer is an excuse to treat sales people like sh*t. To add, the last person you want to upset is a waiter (for obvious reasons). How exactly did you want your steak? Rare and greasy? Hmm? *hack!* *ptuiii!*
7.
Insanity
I don't like people who don't treat others very well. Particularly if they act very condescending and act if they know everything, which they don't.
Abhishukla
hi..
i love to stay at a silent place.
i dont like people who speaks a lot. i usually start hating those peoples who keep on talking for a long time.
Blaster
When people whistle when i am working.

Let me explain. I work as a cashier for one of my jobs. I have to listen to people whistling all the time. Ever since I was younger I could never whistle, still can't. So the stress of working and then people in my eyes mocking me (obviously they aren't) really pisses me off.
menino
- When people talk behind your back and try to get at you with kissing the bosses behinds, only because you can't really help them, because its not company policy.
- When people talk like they know it all, only to show off the little that they know.
- When someone you don't know that well tries to make fun of you, and its distasteful, and only that person laughs.
- When people give advice that they themselves don't follow or ever will.
- When people cut in line in front of you.
Greatking
i just cant stand irresponsible people, i believe there is no excuse for them, life is not fair but the most unfair thing is to allow it to rule your life. you must overcome and see the light at the end of the tunnel. this goes to irresponsible fathers and mothers who give birth to children and leave to their detriment. i believe taking up your responsibility open doors into your life. people always help. and God is good, when he sees that you are trying your best, he will make a way where there seems to be no way.
soljarag
it bugs me when people don't do their job..... when you tell/pay someone to do something, you THINK they did it properly, only to find out they either did a crappy job, or didn't do it at all
Bikerman
I have just the tune for you then....
Related topics
Most original website contest
Do you use a CMS script?
which kind of browser do u use
Okay, I'm done trying to use CSS for layout.
C++ TUTORIAL : INTRODUCTION TO C++
My program
Need For Speed Most Wanted
Linux Needs Progs
most small in the world.......
Collection of the most memorable quotes by FriHost members:)
Frihost Blogs - Bugs, features and suggestions
What you hate the Most.
Year's Most-Hacked Software
Some interesting Software
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.