FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nameless - My first webcomic

Parkour_Jarrod
Okay, so this is my first ever Webcomic, i was inspired by Ctrl-Alt-Del and Questionable Content

I am not a very good drawer as you will see, i have never taken any art class or such, but i will improve over time (i hope).

I am hoping to update at least once a week for anyone who will read my comic, hopefully more than once a week.

It is currently 11:51PM at the time of making this site so i have lacked alot of details and will update tomorrow, yes i know the links don't work but i promised myself i would get this out by the 21st Of May 2010.

For now just tell me what you think of the comic, the site will be updated by tomorrow to look snazzy.

COMIC
mexiwithacan
I would like to start by saying that this is a remarkable project, and you deserve props for just putting yourself out there.

I think it's difficult to give good feedback based on just one strip, because all artists have their good days and bad days. Until the audience really starts to get a feel for your range of work, I think any feedback, positive or otherwise, will be unfairly weighted and skewed.

As far as technical qualities go, I think the people and background look fine the way they are. I personally am a fan of structured frames like the Garfield or Peanuts comics, and I think you may be trying to present too much at once. With comics, I often feel that less is more in terms of trying not to clutter the strip.

Anyway, keep up your work and let us know when you have more of a "portfolio"!
rayxzero
Just try to improve the background and make some nice banner too.
the-guide
rayxzero wrote:
Just try to improve the background and make some nice banner too.

I think as "rayxzero" mentioned as well, however, I like your work - improve, go on and continue your nice work ...
menino
Hey Jarrod, nice work.

It may require a bit of improvement, as the graphics look a little dodgy, instead of smooth, but its a great start.

Best of luck for future content.
Parkour_Jarrod
Thanks guys, this isn't the final website by the way the website will be released by comic 10, you frihosters are getting a sneak preview (i wanted some comics to be out before i advertised it everywhere)
Parkour_Jarrod
Woo second comic released with new web layout, im going for the simple look, so yeah... dis it and i will destroy you, the side links don't work yet still 404ing but yeah

I attempted to shade this comic, didn't go so well >.> i have never taken an art class in all my life all of the drawing is learnt from trial and error... (i need a new eraser, i only bought it 3 days ago >.<)
mexiwithacan
The framing of your second comic is much better than the first.

I don't quite get the punchline in this one though.

By the way, what do you mean by you need a new eraser? Isn't this drawn with one of those digital drawing pads?
Parkour_Jarrod
mexiwithacan wrote:
The framing of your second comic is much better than the first.

I don't quite get the punchline in this one though.

By the way, what do you mean by you need a new eraser? Isn't this drawn with one of those digital drawing pads?

This one doesn't have a punchline anymore because i had to drop it, it didn't work with how the comic was set out.

No actually i draw everything by hand, scan the image into my computer, trace all of the lines with Photoshop CS3 extended then duplicate that layer and shade the lower layer.

I'm saving up for one of those digital drawing pads.