FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Files Pending To Be Written into the CD

nivinjoy
Hey friends i am facing problem in my laptop computer and in one of my office computer..!!

In my Laptop i had tried writing some files into a CD using the usual CD burning method rather than going for a third party software. And now whenever i insert a CD into the drive it shows "YOU HAVE FILES PENDING TO BE WRITTEN INTO THE CD" and when i open the CD folder it shows a file named "desktop (configuration settings)" waiting to be written into the CD..!!

How can i avoid this..?? Is this any sort of virus or something..??

And in my office PC with Windows XP which was running fine until last week started suddenly showing disk consistency check (CHKDSK) at the beginning for E drive in the system.. Why is it like this..?? And what is the way to prevent this..??

And please note that this E drive is shared in the entire network and i can't afford to lose the datas in this drive..

So please help me to rectify these problems..!!
metalfreek
Just delete that file form your CD drive and that message should stop coming.
nivinjoy
metalfreek wrote:
Just delete that file form your CD drive and that message should stop coming.

I tried deleting the file by selecting it and deleting it..But it comes again when i insert another cd..!!

That is the problem,otherwise i wouldn't have posted a question here..!!
Jean-Clod
This should work:
firstly enable "show hidden folders" or "show all folders"
Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
and delete everything

CHKDSK means you didn't shut down properly your computer, but I don't know why it wants to check drive E: whereas it would normally want to check all drives. Maybe you removed the drive while the computer was in use?

the next time it asks you to run, allow it (it may be slow)
if it keeps asking you to run, then there is a problem with your drive, consider backup and changing it
nivinjoy
Jean-Clod wrote:
This should work:
firstly enable "show hidden folders" or "show all folders"
Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
and delete everything

Ok.. I will have a try on that..!!

Jean-Clod wrote:
CHKDSK means you didn't shut down properly your computer, but I don't know why it wants to check drive E: whereas it would normally want to check all drives. Maybe you removed the drive while the computer was in use?

the next time it asks you to run, allow it (it may be slow)
if it keeps asking you to run, then there is a problem with your drive, consider backup and changing it

I had run it and it is repeating every time it starts,that is even if i restart the system also the CHKDSK is running..!!

Is there no other options..??

What about moving all the files into D drive and format the E drive and then move back the files into E drive itself..?? Will that help..because this system is very important to the department i work for..!!
jilbs
hi!

Deleting files from C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning should do the job however in your case it seems like it din't work.

try to login on other account on that PC. see if you are getting the same error.
if not,. recreate your local account.

maybe you want to run disk cleanup too after doing the check disk.
nivinjoy
jilbs wrote:
hi!

Deleting files from C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning should do the job however in your case it seems like it din't work.

try to login on other account on that PC. see if you are getting the same error.
if not,. recreate your local account.

maybe you want to run disk cleanup too after doing the check disk.

There is no other account in that system..and mine is the administrator login.. And the above step of deleting files from the Burn folder didn't work.. it always keeps on coming back whenever i insert disc..

Is there any other way for removing this..?? Or is this a virus..??
jilbs
nivinjoy, That's strange, Scan your computer using an updated Anti virus/Malware remover and check if not, you can try the one or all following options:

1. take note on the files or folders shown on the CD Drive. then do a deep system search. if you find those files. delete them.

2. try searching for the filenames on the registry as well but before you do that, backup your registry or create a system restore point.

3. Restore your computer before you encountered that problem using system restore.

4. Create another account (admin) on your pc and try check if the problem is the same. if not, recreate your account.

5. Look for other installed burning softwares, eg. Nero, cyberlink, roxio and others. uninstall them and check again. (make sure you make a system restore)

6. Backup your files and Call for a local IT Support.
mcqquestions
You may have Virus problem because once I also got the same problem and at that time I formatted my pc to slove that problem..
nivinjoy
I ran a scan with the latest version of Kaspersky 2011 trial version. But it doesn't show any presence of virus..!!