FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free online books on the web?

shenyl
Is there places I can gain access to online academic books?

I prefer online books which can be printed in pdf format, and allows me to read the books offline.

Anyone has found such sites?

Thanks.
bloodrider
I mostly find them in forums like warez-bb.org or forumw.org
good luck =)
TVme
I use Google books, there is also an option if you sign in with your google account - you can organize your books by books read, books you want to read, books reading, etc.

http://books.google.com/books

Have fun.

- TVme
shenyl
Thanks, for you useful link.

But most of the books are not complete, they are for review and then you have to decide if you want to buy them.

Good for review, but incomplete to be very useful.

Will keep this Google Book link when all other options failed.

It is fairly easy to use and very comprehensive range of books.

Thanks
TVme
Yes, you're right, some are complete, but I just tried to pull up Cather int eh Rye and it's not all there... I didn't know that. You mentioned textbooks so I looked up Grey's Anatomy and there was nothing there but books related to the American TV show. Wow. Cool
yagnyavalkya
There are search engines for PDF files you can try one and you may get free online books
chatrack
Hi,
Text books for CBSE - India are available in net as pdf , print ready.
It become useful to students while hard copy is not available - for abroad Indian
iman
Search google books. If you're desperate, try peer to peer file sharing.
rajpk
U CAN GOOGLE IT
YOU WILL FIND LOT OF
Indi
Why has no one mentioned Wikibooks or Wikiversity?
coolclay
Um because we probably haven't heard of it!
inuyasha
As have been mentioned, you may probably be disallowed to download a full version. Why not just go directly to the bookshops and scan it?
Ah, actually in China's Internet, there are many illegal downloads, like softwares, mp3s, ebooks, movies, etc. They are all free, I have to say. The government pays little attention to the Internet and most of the cititzens download everything for granted.
Arseniy
The greatest site for me is gigapedia.com .
There you can find everything you want free and in pdf.
I use it for my cultural studies research during my uni-year.
bukaida
You can have a lots of e-books at

Gigapedia

This site lists free online computer science, engineering and programming books, textbooks and lecture notes

Although I still believe that there is no substitution for hardcopy.
uchejohn
Latest important books are not free online. books that are free online are mainly old editions . so i advice you buy the books from bookshops.
mcqquestions
Do anybody know the site where I can find some download and printable academic course book for Compuer..?
Abhishukla
there are many sites which allows free e books downlaod.
among them you can easily find books at torrent sites
abhinavgakhar
google books are the best you can get information about any topic you like ina very detailed and descriptive manner....i myself uses google books ...so i advice you to go for the same.....
jds10912
does anyone know of any private trackers for books? (mainly textbooks)
i'm looking for more than just d-noid (although that has served me well in the past)
mengshi200
Don't ignore a import source:emule and bt download way.
at same time thanks everybody to provide tmany download ebook way.
emanuel2
mengshi200 wrote:
Don't ignore a import source:emule and bt download way.
at same time thanks everybody to provide tmany download ebook way.

the easiest and (IMHO most) anonymous way is to use "one click hosters". Filetube is good search engine for searching all kinds of things on diverse hosters. Its also fine for e-books.
However there are a lot of legal options, just google for "free ebooks"...
riderwear45
As has been said, it is likely that it is forbidden to download the full version. Why not just go directly to the library and scan?

Ah, illegal downloads in fact, many Chinese Internet, such as software, including MP3, ebooks, movies, etc. They are all free, I must say. The state pays little attention to the Internet and most cititzens download everything for granted.

Removed spam links. -ocalhoun
surekha1976
Yes friend lot of books are available on net and you can download freely. My husbands always download the important books regarding computer.

You can learn from these books or may be take printout directly.
GoldenEagle
I have had a decent amount of success using online journals that have standard textbooks linked to them. I'm not sure what sorts of topics you're interested in, but many journals have free links to some of the seminal books in the respective field.
chatrack
Hi,

The Higher Secondary Books, NCERT is available online

http://www.ncert.nic.in/NCERTS/textbook/textbook.htm

Hope it help some one away from hard copy of that books
biboopro
tailieu.vn
a site for document and book of VN
andro_king
there are lot of sites which provide free ebooks online.. why don't you try Google..?
enilsoncba
observed that nowadays large repositories of books on the internet are limiting the access of users to create an account, register with login and in some cases no longer free to paid. Books on the Internet today are extremely used in this century and the trend is that it triggers changes in concepts about print books, since the technologies and mobile phones now offers e-books among other features digital readout.
subhan1
in my personal opinion Google Books is the best - you can find any book there.
jajarvin
Write your own book! It is free and it it fun.
firstroad
i have found plenty of books from academies and universities on their sites, you can browse from the website of each university or just search it on google with
freefri
wikibooks..do the purpose.
abhinavm24
ebookbar.com
Laughing
pravojednostavno
I use Google Books