FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does anyone now how to make a website like this?

andy26
Basicly i want to make my own website version of this https://lockbin.com/ i want to offer it as a free service on one of my websites.

does anyone here no what i need or any source code to get me started?
Fire Boar
Code:
<?php

That should get you started.

... but seriously, if you want to code a web application you can't just let other forumites code it for you from scratch. Decide how you want to implement it, make a base and do some PHP, then come back with a specific problem if you get stuck.

The premise seems quite simple:
- Allow your user to input a "key word" and some text.
- Save the text in encrypted form using the key word, together with a randomly generated "slug" (usually a sequence of random alphanumeric characters).
- Provide the user with the slug in the form of an URL, like http://www.example.com/x52dh.
- When someone visits the link, they are prompted to give the key, and the program tries to decrypt the message with a matching slug. If they succeed they are shown the decrypted message, and it is deleted from the database.

With that in mind you might want to look into a few things. Some kind of symmetric encryption technique would be needed (asymmetric won't do), so do some research. Also, consider how the program will detect the correct key input. Remember, you mustn't keep a record of the key anywhere. You could, for example, append a few characters to the end of the message, store those characters in the database, then check if the last few characters of the "decrypted" message after the user has tried to enter a password match.
frenzy
Go to php tutorial instead of asking "how?".
Echo51
Seeing as people use it to send credit card infomation, you'd need be real uptight about security, and also get a https certificate :S you could make a private message system though.

I'd encrypt the message and store it with a key for decrypting, then save a password the user chooses too, then if password matches, decrypt message, otherwise return blank.

Also, nobody will give you source code, you have to learn to do something, you dont have people helping you walk, do you?
andy26
hey guys using all my background php skills, and reading some encryption tutorials, i spent 2 days planning a system then i spent 2 weeks building and improving the system and i've now built a rarther good free email encryption service. I've made this system even more secure by not holding a password in the database, the message only shows when the correct key is entered. please be sure to give this ago guys it works great. http://encryptoemail.com
Fire Boar
Okay...

1) Lose the flash banner. Musical websites are the first sign of an amateur and do nothing but annoy people. Replace it with a static image or something.
2) Get someone to proof read it. There are several grammatical mistakes.
3) Test the website on multiple browsers. There are a few graphical problems with certain browsers.
4) If you don't have HTTPS, get it. Otherwise no matter how much encryption you use, it's no more secure than unencrypted email. Alternatively, only pass data between server and client in its encrypted form, using Javascript (without AJAX) to encrypt the message before it's sent to the server.
5) Get someone to check your code to ensure that it really does work.

Just some tips.
HuMaJuMa
Fire Boar wrote:
Code:
<?php

That should get you started.

... but seriously, if you want to code a web application you can't just let other forumites code it for you from scratch. Decide how you want to implement it, make a base and do some PHP, then come back with a specific problem if you get stuck.

The premise seems quite simple:
- Allow your user to input a "key word" and some text.
- Save the text in encrypted form using the key word, together with a randomly generated "slug" (usually a sequence of random alphanumeric characters).
- Provide the user with the slug in the form of an URL, like http://www.example.com/x52dh.
- When someone visits the link, they are prompted to give the key, and the program tries to decrypt the message with a matching slug. If they succeed they are shown the decrypted message, and it is deleted from the database.

With that in mind you might want to look into a few things. Some kind of symmetric encryption technique would be needed (asymmetric won't do), so do some research. Also, consider how the program will detect the correct key input. Remember, you mustn't keep a record of the key anywhere. You could, for example, append a few characters to the end of the message, store those characters in the database, then check if the last few characters of the "decrypted" message after the user has tried to enter a password match.

The beginning of that post made me laugh xD