FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

anyone here want to write a book?

medesignz
people are asking me to write a book, but don't know where to begin

any tips?
Cliffer
i want to write a book too. i want an interesting story to make an animation movie.
medesignz
a short stories series?
Cliffer
medesignz wrote:
a short stories series?

series is ok. can we write it together?
medesignz
What do you think of when you think of short stories?

I dont mind collaborating, i am more into humour. What about you?
Radar
Suggestions on how to write a book?

I would just say Nanowrimo. National novel writing month. There are other threads about it here, and there's the website, which Google will turn up easily enough.

The basic idea is that in the month of November, you write a 50,000 word novel. The idea above all is to finish. Editing is something to come back to later. This is all about proving that you *can* do it.

It's very enjoyable, they have a set of forums if you want the spurring on from others or just a general community vibe.

That would be my first suggestion to anyone. It very much helps you get over the feeling that you're looking at a mountain that you have no idea how to climb.

Or that's my experience, anyway.
medesignz
November? Is that classed as a "stay in doors" month? hehe

I might take six weeks off of my schedule to do just that, but I just dont have the time.

Is there any tips for "finding time to write"?

Has anyone here actually written a book?
Cliffer
oh,who can make a start? we can go on writing......
medesignz
With a writing style like that, it wil have to be a story no?
jmi256
BTW, if you do decide to write a book, lulu.com seems to be a good resource for finding out about self-publishing if you're interested in that.
gh0strec0n_legit
Never written a book or had any interest in it but my tip if you have a limited schedule is to write two pages a day and to stick to that schedule. You can get it done pretty quickly that way depending on how big a book you want to write.
hmghaly
Well, if you have an idea that you want to communicate to other people, it doesn't have to be a book... you can just create a blog for yourself, or maybe if you have a facebook account you can write notes and invite your friends to read, and if they are good enough, they will share it with other people and more people will read your writing... you should begin with the idea you want to write about, not that you have to do this for its own sake... good luck to you Smile
saratdear
I did toy with the idea of writing a novel around 2 years before...I got started on it too. Did not get anywhere. Sad Anyway, if you want some resources, I suggest www.writersbeat.com They have got an excellent forum there.
deanhills
medesignz wrote:
people are asking me to write a book, but don't know where to begin any tips?
My experience is limited to doing short articles and interviews. Bottomline for me. Don't think about it. Just do it! The more you think about writing, the further from the writing you get. Just open a wordprocessor page, and write whatever comes into your head. The more you write, the more you get into it, the more "in the moment" you will be, and you will find a direction coming out of what you are writing.
Shiny
I would recommend three things for starters:

1. Allocate time for your writing. It can be thirty or sixty minutes every day at the same time (for example, from 8 am to 9 am), or two hours in the evening before you go to bed, or a few hours once or twice a week (for example, from 7 pm to 10 pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays). That is just an example, but you get the idea. You need to find time for your writing, and stick to it. I've heard that George Sand worked on her books for a few hours every evening, and if she finished a book before her time went out, she just took another blank page and started writing her next book. Putting in time is the most important thing in writing Smile

2. Don't wait for inspiration. Practically all published writers agree that you should never wait for inspiration to hit you. Just write.

3. Read some books on how to write fiction (or non-fiction if that is what you are interested in). You can find some great advice from published authors on how to develop compelling characters, plot your novel, and many other useful ideas.

I suppose this information would be helpful for those who are serious about writing and publishing a book. If publishing a book is not very important for you and you would just like to write a book, then the only thing you really need is to put in the time and write.
lovescience
Find a time and a place for yourself to feel comfortable to write in a day.
drunkenkoz
I wanted to write a fiction book based on romance, adventure, action, and drama. I had all the ideas, characters, biographies, descriptions, and other things written on a piece of paper to start the book. Just haven't had the time to sit down and actually begin writing it.
JM_15
Eu estou escrevendo um livro.
ps: alguém fala portugues?
SonLight
JM_15 wrote:
Eu estou escrevendo um livro.
ps: alguém fala portugues?

Yes, we have a Portugese forum here:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-43.html
Josso
Yes, it's a foolish dream of mine. It's just I have a horrible feeling it will never be started. I never really considered myself a writer or a poet, and I think there's a high possibility that it would be terrible. My main problems are: IT'LL NEVER GET STARTED, LET ALONE FINISHED and how the hell do I think of cool enough similies for describing small moments or landscapes for example... this is what impresses me with good writers, the techniques used to get your imagination really working over time with the content.
Fooky
Cliffer wrote:
oh,who can make a start? we can go on writing......

Let me help!

I'm starting an Exquisite Corpse game on my shiny new blog.

The game is not meant to produce god's gift to literature. It's an ice breaker. You can learn from other writers. This is a method I use when I speak at writer's groups.

My first game is a parody of a pulp novel called The Forsaken.

Ignore the title, and just start writing; any POV, it's up to you.

Give it a shot! Don't be shy!

http://ode-differ-us.fookleyur.com/