FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Brothers from the Black Keys

Magicman
Brothers is the new album just released today by the Black Keys. It's been getting really good reviews from the press. I very much enjoyed the entire album myself as well as the rest of the Black Key's discography. Check out a review and a streaming copy of the full album here.
Parkour_Jarrod
This is really good, I haven't heard much Black Keys but from the earlier stuff i have heard would i be correct in saying they have kept there sound through time?

Also, its kind of a cross between Eagles Of Death Metal and The White Stripes so its brilliant
Magicman
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
This is really good, I haven't heard much Black Keys but from the earlier stuff i have heard would i be correct in saying they have kept there sound through time?

Their sound has been fairly consistent, however they have had much more production on their last two albums (Brothers and Attack & Release) and have included different instruments and background singers. Their first few albums weren't even recorded in an actual studio and only featured guitar and drums (and very rarely bass). They have learned a lot from their experiences, and as much as I love the simpleness and rawness of their early work, Brothers is still a great album.
thejessman86
If you're gonna check out The Black Keys go for something earlier on in their career. I've listened to all their material and these last couple albums have been their worst. It doesn't say a whole lot considering I believe they haven't put out a bad album. These last two, however, have been their worst. Like Magicman says, their newer stuff is very produced. It used to be stripped down blues, just a couple of guys jamming. Still good though, can't talk too much shit.