FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

mouse scroll wheel and buttons 4 and 5 stop working

ssweat
mouse scroll wheel and buttons 4 and 5 stop working in my windows 7 64 bit. I run firefox as a browser and have never had this happen with windows xp or vista, but on occasion when i try to scroll a page or use button 4 to page back or 5 to page forward, it doesnt work . The only 2 solutions I have found has been to either switch users via UAC or to reboot. This gets annoying and I have even searched google to see if any others have this issue but not much luck, maybe im using the wrong search string but it is driving me mad. Has anyone else had this or similar issues and maybe found a fix or reason behind it? If so please advise and thanks so much in advance for any help.
ocalhoun
Install/Re-install mouse drivers, as it seems you have a very special mouse.
Marcuzzo
I never installed the driver of my setpoint mouse and btn's 4 and 5 have always worked.
does this happen in FF alone or just anywhere?
also, what is the make and model of your mouse? this may be a known issue, you never know
ssweat
My mouse is a razer diamondback gaming mouse, I only use firefox but will maybe try it on IE for a bit to see if it helps. I do also have the latest drivers installed. It is just kind of annoying, it works fine for a while then just stops working
Covert-Waffles
I hate to say it, but I think you might have a faulty mouse. I would suggest taking it back or getting a new one...
Marcuzzo
Covert-Waffles wrote:
I hate to say it, but I think you might have a faulty mouse. I would suggest taking it back or getting a new one...

not neccecarely, if the mouse only fails in firefox it may be related to firefox, if it fails everywhere then I would have to agree
weableandbob
This happened for some reason with my old IBM mouse. I believe the issues were the drivers, but I never got to test that because I got a g500 soon afterwards.