FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Types of Frihosters

hunnyhiteshseth
It has been almost 4 years with me being with frihost. During all these years, I can't help but notice a pattern in posting of certain people. So, here I am with my crude classification of frihosters as I saw them. Ofcourse, I have exaggrated their behaviour for a bit of comic effect but they do exist.

Jobless - He has to make a reply to every single post in every single forum no matter how stupid or redundant that reply is. You will often see his point count way above 70.

Desprate - One who extends the post unnecessarily just to earn more points. Will often take a word from previous post and will just talk on that word alone, almost tangent to the topic. Will be having a negative point balance and would be trying to cover the deficit.

Fighter- He would always pick up an argument with someone to fight over. It may be as innocuous thing as a spelling, but will continue to fight until other person accepts defeat or just stops replying. Will go to any length to prove his point, often will quote some random websites as source to prove his point.

Defender- The one who is very protective about something & will defend that till very end. That something could be a country, a city, a side in a conflict, his religion, his beliefs, his dog, his neighbour's dog or anything under the sun - that doesnt matter. The important thing is he would defend it till end. No matter how stupid, illogical, unethical he may sound but he will continue to defend his 'something'.

Noob - He is too new to forum and need to post quickly to get an account. Most of the times will end up copying and pasting from some source or posting in a language & tone as if he is posting on his blog. Will often find his post edited or locked by the moderators.

Miser- He will often fight over 0.01Frih$ and how you are a thief if you took 0.01frih$
mOrpheuS
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
I can't help but notice a pattern in posting of certain people.

Have you read about the famous "Flame Warriors" guide ?

You're sure to notice many of them (or hybrid-variants thereof) if you take part in any internet discussion (flame war).
hunnyhiteshseth
mOrpheuS wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

You're sure to notice many of them (or hybrid-variants thereof) if you take part in any internet discussion (flame war).

Lolz. Wow! Thats a comprehensive list of all type of posters! And yes, I can recognize encountering some of them very clearly.. :p

And yeah, it would be great if others also posted some of their classification if they have any. Very Happy
Xanify
I have no classification! I'm very protective over having no classification! My defence of this position, let me show you it.

... Wait ...
tchaunt
mOrpheuS...that site...it's.......gold. How have I survived thus far on the internet without this incredible guide?!

Of course, hunnyhiteshseth's list is a bit more Frihost-forums-specific. It is pretty funny though, how a lot of people do tend to fit under these few categories. Within a month a being here, I noticed the post styles. Razz
Parkour_Jarrod
I find for Frihost there is one more main category

Random - Someone who will post random info that is helpful about any subject and not return to the same post twice...
[FuN]goku
I probably fall under several of those categories xD

But yeah I've also noticed a trend in posting, theres probably quite a few more than you mentioned though I couldn't really think of any off the top of my head.
hunnyhiteshseth
@Parkour - Lolz, yeah that too!!

@fungoku - Yeah, there can be many more categories but only those came off my head at that time. :p
missdixy
hahaha I wonder if i fit into any of these categories...reading them, I can't really picture myself being any of these.

Now i am sad because i don't have a category Sad i am a floater! nooooo
hunnyhiteshseth
@Missdixy - Lolz, no that only means that I haven't interacted with you enough to have a separate category in mind. :-p

But I am sure you will find 'your category' in 'Morpheus' link. :p
deanhills
Must say I can't place any of the people who posted in the thread so far into any of hunnyhiteshseth's categories. Including hunnyhiteshseth himself. Could be because I rarely get stereotypes. The only two people who I thought were quite similar to one another at Frihost were Solon and Ophois and they turned out to be one and the same person. Must say I miss Solon/Ophois, he contributed some excellent postings.
mOrpheuS wrote:

I like eagle scout, and especially the various ways in which trollers and other likes can impersonate eagle scout. Now that one is right on the number. I was also wondering about the possibility of multiple personalities. Rottweiler Puppy and Big Dog are classics. The expressions on their faces so right on. The cartoons are really awesome. Smile
Jinx
mOrpheuS wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

I can't believe I haven't stumbled across that before. That list belongs right beside the Evil Overlord list as an internet 'must read'. Smile

Thanks, mOrpheuS!
Vrythramax
hehe...I can think of many that fit into one, or more, of those "types" quickly and easily.

@missdixy

your a catagory unto yourself sweetie Smile
Arty
mOrpheuS wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

That website is awesome!

Quote:
Miser- He will often fight over 0.01Frih$ and how you are a thief if you took 0.01frih$

This is the only one that I don't get.
Parkour_Jarrod
Arty wrote:
mOrpheuS wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

That website is awesome!

Quote:

This is the only one that I don't get.

I just explained it via PM
ProwerBot
On other accounts, I've been with frihost since 2007, and the service has always been great.
missdixy
Vrythramax wrote:
@missdixy

your a catagory unto yourself sweetie Smile

why thank you max, now i feel special!
or crazy. mmmm.
both Very Happy
AftershockVibe
While I don't recognise myself in the original list, I can see the relation to this in the Flame Warriors guide:

Quote:
Diplomat butts into hot disputes, presuming that the combatants will welcome and appreciate his even-handed and eminently reasonable mediation. Frankly, he gets what he deserves.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/diplomat.htm
furtasacra
mOrpheuS wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

Oh, THANK YOU for that link, it's hilarious. I'm going to have to post that in the other two forums I participate in.
Afaceinthematrix
I just say what I feel like saying. I am not jobless. I only post a couple times a week. I have posted several times today because I have some free time but I hadn't been on in four days.

I am a fighter; but I do not pick fights. Most of my posts are in the philosophy forum where appropriate debate is expected. Furthermore, if I feel what you say is inappropriate and/or nonsensical then I have will have no problem in calling you out on it.

I don't ramble; I am not desperate for points. However, I do tend to get five points for most of my posts. That is because I feel that most of the time you cannot say enough in a short post to create a real meaningful post. I like to provide enough content to adequately defend and/or counter the previous point and then provide my own point. That is how good discussions get going.

But then again, the philosophy/politics/science forum posters tend to be different from some of the other posters in the other forums...
guissmo
Haha. This is an interesting read. I think it's kinda obvious what category I fall in. But I'm trying my best to improve on this. Very Happy
the-guide
Interesting! Laughing I have to think twice "What's the kind of me?", may be I just want to keep up my points! It's very true, and with this post I think I will got about 1.5 points or may be more.... Laughing

and oh! right now my score is over 40 that's mean I can away for one and half month!!! How nice it is? Laughing

Just tease, don't serious... Laughing
Insanity
How about the type of people who just post random things in order to get their post count up, then are never seen again in that thread, no matter how many comments his post gets? These people usually just contribute something trite and generic, so that people overlook them as one of those people who don't offer anything substantial. They are usually found in topics that have very long list of replies, so that people don't bother checking them since they are just another post in a long list of generic replies.
goutha
- people here just for free hosting. not interested in posting. they copy paste some stuff, say hello in 10 different messages and then never get their hosting account.
- people here just for free hosting, but who like to post. They make their best to post, get their free hosting, but at the end abandon it because they cannot write everyday.
- people here just for free hosting, but they realize that there's a real community, real people, and start to build a sort of relationship with other frihosters. This type of frohosters have more than 300 posts and are there for several years. This is the type that I like. I hate the first type.
Josso
I don't fit into any of those, can I just be in "passive"?

Also that flame warriors thing is genius
Futile
I am a hybird of a few of those. Thanks that was great.
speeDemon
I wonder which category I fall in... I've got no idea.
paul_indo
interesting.

I love the flam.e warriors list
Torspot
lawl...flame warriors XD. This is quite epic IMO
apple
I was kinda afraid to post here, did not know which category I'd fall into Embarassed

That list however.... Laughing Laughing Laughing ....omg! GOLD!!!
mshafiq
I am scared to show myself here. Anyway here are two more type.

Sticky: want to add posts on same topic where they already went (again and again of course).
Picturious*: always attach pictures whether it is required or not. Probably their life depends on it.
* Pardon me, it is my own created word - as I do not know which existing word qualifies better.

Here is one more type.

JustyMusty: always contribute just to survive. This kind of type has already been discussed but the difference is, these (justy musty) contribute quality material/stuff.
soljarag
mOrpheuS wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

that website is great.. i wonder how long it took them to come up with all of that
gh0strec0n_legit
Lately I've been the desperate one:P But i could be a fighter and complain about the fact you spelled desperate wrongly