FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Sees My mail to form as Spam

Possum
Hi

I have a mail form on my site that sends an E-Mail to my GMail account. I have been using it perfectly for some years.

Recently this mail has ended up in the Spam folder.

I tell Gmail that its not spam but new mail still ends up there..

How can I fix this problem..

Thank you..
Bondings
A few days ago on Server 2/3 there was an account compromised and a hacker used it for a spam script. I assume this is the cause of the emails being marked as spam.

I hope that in a few days this should get better. By keeping to mark them as not spam, it should help quite a bit too.
badai
you can't fix it. it's gmail spam filters, and you don't have access to it. nobody has. nobody knew how it really work. e-mail form my frihost account also has been marked as spam before, and suddenly it was not mark as spam, without doing anything.

what you can do is create a filter, when e-mail sent from your e-mail address, click "don't mark as spam". that way, your e-mail won't be send to spam folder.

it will only affect your gmail account. for other gmail user, your e-mail will still end up in spam folder.
cr3ativ3
badai wrote:
you can't fix it. it's gmail spam filters, and you don't have access to it. nobody has. nobody knew how it really work. e-mail form my frihost account also has been marked as spam before, and suddenly it was not mark as spam, without doing anything.

what you can do is create a filter, when e-mail sent from your e-mail address, click "don't mark as spam". that way, your e-mail won't be send to spam folder.

it will only affect your gmail account. for other gmail user, your e-mail will still end up in spam folder.

I have to potentially disagree. As Bondings said, marking it not as spam might help. I do not know 100%, however Google likes to trust the oppinion of people over algorythms for ranking stuff (link building). I half expect, that google is doing the same with their gmail spam filters. When you mark things as spam or mark them as not spam, gmail likely takes these actions into consideration when dropping it in the spam bin of someone else, or for future emails.

Of course one person marking a spam email as not spam, isnt going to make everyone recieve. But it more than likely sends a "subliminal" message to Gmail's spam filters, and with enough of these messages...
Bondings
I find it weird that Google still regards the emails as spam. It's been quite a while now since the compromised account/spam issue.
Ghost Rider103
Our emails have been marked as spam for a few months as far as I know.

I have a Hotmail account and when I was setting up my Outlook I tested it and sent an email to myself to my Hotmail account and it was marked as spam. This was quite some time ago, maybe 3 or 4 months ago when my website was still hosted on Frihost (My KNR Designs.com site).

I always figured it had something to do with my website itself. Never thought it had anything to do with Frihost.

I wonder if there is some way to contact Google and Hotmail and convince them our emails aren't spam? Though that would probably be extremely difficult to do. Probably impossible now that I think about it.
inphurno
i also have been noticing this problem and have been untagging emails counted as spam that are landing in my spam folder but is there anything else that hat we can do? a group complaint to gmail might help them clean up this classification. if we all email them around the same time then it will be a lot harder to ignore us. what do you say guys and gals?
k_s_baskar
Assigning Clean New ips for server will be the immediate solution.
Smile

Edit : I am in 64.120.224.218 it shows is everything alright.
thedinh
k_s_baskar wrote:
Assigning Clean New ips for server will be the immediate solution.
Smile

Edit : I am in 64.120.224.218 it shows is everything alright.

How can I clean my IPS, plz could you tell me more clear,
I don't want my Email to be forwarded in Spam.
k_s_baskar
thedinh wrote:

How can I clean my IPS, plz could you tell me more clear,
I don't want my Email to be forwarded in Spam.

You can't do anything in this matter. because you are in shared hosting.

if a domain hosted in your server sends Spam mails or involves in Phishing activity then the ip will be spotted and marked as bad. And mails send from this ip will be send to SPAM or Bulk folder. In shared hosting a Single ip is shared with 500+ domains.
When Admin find the spammer or domain involes in phising activity and delete it, the ip will again automatically come out from negative zone within few weeks. If you need immediate solution you can ask admin to allot a dedicated ip for your account (Usually dedicated ip will cost $2/month, so think you can't able to get this free at frihost).
thedinh
so i can't do anythings, this problems can only be solved by our admin.
wishing that admin will do some to stop this problem.
inphurno
Since a month now all the email accounts of our non-profit organization have been pretty much shut down by this problem as it not just google that is treating all our email as spam but also yahoo, msn and other organizations. Most people don't have the relex to check their spam folders so our ability to communicate with people has been basically cut and we can see that by the very noticeable reduction of emails we receive. People don't get our emails so they think that we have just simply ignored them creating a very vicious cycle and now after such a long time our emails have grinded to a halt.

I'm sure many others have this problem so is there anyway we can get a solution for this even if it comes to getting a different ip for the server, this should be possible. If it costs something to do this I'm ready to contribute because this is a huge problem. Hopefully we can get a response on this soon.
Bondings
I've been investigating it a bit. This isn't normal.

I discovered that there was a problem with backscattering on the server. The mail that isn't accepted was sent back together with the original, which is spam in a lot of cases. This could have put us on some blacklists. I now removed the original message and I hope this will at least solve a bit of the problems.

I'm sorry for the ongoing problems.
inphurno
Thanks for looking at this for us and of course for keeping frihost a float for all this time. Is there anyway we can implement a short term fix for this like changing our ip? I'm definitely not an expert in this but if we can find a way to fix this it would be a great help. Let's talk about it as a community and try to get it done as soon as we can.
Possum
I add text to my Mail Form Subject that stays the same. Could I do a filter on this before G-Mail Does..

I've never added a Filter to G-Mail so I don't if this can be done..

Thank you..
Bondings
Possum wrote:
I add text to my Mail Form Subject that stays the same. Could I do a filter on this before G-Mail Does..

I've never added a Filter to G-Mail so I don't if this can be done..

Thank you..

Unless a lot of users mark it as spam, I don't think your emails will be marked as spam by the system (for that reason).

I'm hoping that by removing the original message from the rejected emails, the issue should hopefully be fixed in a few days.

I can also try to move the mail sending to a different ip address. However if it is something on the server that is causing it, then this won't make a difference because in the end the new ip address would be blocked again.
inphurno
Is there any updates on this cause I'm still having this problem...
inphurno
i'm still seeing this as a problem for some of our email addresses, any news about a fix for this? thanks
Possum
My web form is working OK now.

All is well Smile
mtorregiani
I just had the same problem with my contact form. I marked the option 'Not Spam' in gmail, but it wasn't a solution. I created a filter, and now it seems to work.

If anyone else has this problem, use a filter. Is not that hard by the way...