FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Arrested Development

cvluong
What, no AD threads?

Doesn't anyone remember this epic show? Still watch reruns all the time. Even though I've probably seen every episode by now, it's still great every time.

The best part, I think, is that AD is simply clever. It does not cater to anyone, it doesn't try to hide it's cleverness or to explain the cleverness. It is what it is. Some people are put off by the subtleties; indeed, it is not nearly as good without context and key insights.

Ultimately, the show's greatness lead to it's downfall. It became somewhat of a cult thing because the show's cleverness required watching of previous episodes...and fewer and fewer faithfuls could claim to have seen it all.

But that shouldn't stop us from appreciating a great show gone by!
medesignz
I havent seen enough of them to show my love, BUT what I have seen, I found really funny
snowboardalliance
Yes, that was a great show. I still have all the DVDs, I should rewatch some of that.

cvluong wrote:

Ultimately, the show's greatness lead to it's downfall. It became somewhat of a cult thing because the show's cleverness required watching of previous episodes...and fewer and fewer faithfuls could claim to have seen it all.

Yeah you definitely needed to know the story to get all of the jokes. But at the same time, the narrator did explain many of them and use flashbacks to the previous episodes, so missing a few didn't ruin everything.

But I would have loved to see the show keep going, at least for a few more seasons.
silverdown
Never heard of it but VERy interested in it... the name sounds really cool
medesignz
What do you think most favourite comedy show is? I think mine is Frasier... Weird choice in my own opinion...

ANYWAYZ, are you saying that I would have to start from the very beginning to enjoy it muchly?
snowboardalliance
silverdown wrote:

You should find it (library, buy the dvds, download somehow...) and watch it. It's only 3 (like 2.5 really) seasons and it's great.
thejessman86
silverdown wrote:

You've never heard of Arrested Development? Bro, check it out. This show is classic. It's had one of the biggest fan backlashes for getting canceled. And for good reason. It's well written and funny. Doesn't happen all that often.