FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Online or Offlines Games?

Online or Offline Games?
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

jawker
What do prefer online or offline/stand-alone games??
Lukrasha
Online games are my favoraite, the only games I really play anymore are guild wars and counter-strike.
SilverDogg
doesnt really matter for me. it depends on what kind of genre it is. i love playing fps online, kicking some ass (quake ftw!), but i dont really like playing strategygames online. i suck at them so ;P

no vote from me, sorry ;P
Tior
I can't believe so many of ppl are not enjoying online multiplaying(exclude ppl without net,bad latency,time,..), it has to be the best way of enjoying gaming with real humans instead of stupid AIs...but in my experience, some humans can be worse than AI Laughing though i think,that paying a for exaple WoW in all free time is very bad and i dont like it ,at the most 3h a day and above Cool ,its waste of time and waste of a life Laughing Laughing
gh0stface
SilverDogg wrote:
doesnt really matter for me. it depends on what kind of genre it is.

I agree. It really depends on the genre of the video game. For FPS, I definetely like online. You get to interact with millions of other people. For offline games, I perfer RPG's. Although I've never played a MMORPG, I'm afraid to and a bit broke. I don't want to get sucked into playing a game that doesn't seem to have an ending unlike offline RPG's.
Jeff_vella_leone
gh0stface wrote:
SilverDogg wrote:
doesnt really matter for me. it depends on what kind of genre it is.

I agree. It really depends on the genre of the video game. For FPS, I definetely like online. You get to interact with millions of other people. For offline games, I perfer RPG's. Although I've never played a MMORPG, I'm afraid to and a bit broke. I don't want to get sucked into playing a game that doesn't seem to have an ending unlike offline RPG's.

Yea i agree but playen online is a very good experience in any genre because u can communicate and share experieces with friends etc
those type of experiences that u will never get offline
whilst on the other hand when u playen online games u will proably get all the experiences that u would have if it was offline plus the experieces of the online
defenetly online r better
then some advantages of offlie is that u can have an iteresting story that it will hit u as a classic for u whilst online can have a good story but they will never leave that impression for the story whilst it will more keep u playen the game on the other hand, so the game keeps alive.
usually offline games with time they die no matter how good they were whilst online game will still be played allthough reduced the popularity because of the other better online games but still players will play them.
example like UT2003 it still played today and halo too,runescape etc
Monkeydog
I never play anything online cause my computer sucks xD
I guess I'd have fun playing some shooters or RTS's online though.
elcyron
i play onlinegames for 6 years now, mechwarrior, counterstrike, WoW, Wacraft, Empire Earth...
still i voted offline.
reason i did is the people playing. example: we spend 2 days designing a warcraft map and wanted to test it online. we asked the players to look around and search for designerrors, rather then rush the map - 40 second later i died... great.
or the day i came home from work and started counterstrike. i killed someone, he called me a cheater - and wouldn't stop until i kicked him. then someone killed me, laughed at me and called noob - and wouldn't stop until i kicked him.
how about those two dudes in the chared vale (WoW) that spammed me with insults because they died i didn't? (i didn't even see them, they where two guys, i was alone. obviously i'm the dumpass...pfff)

long story short, playing can be fun if you find the right people. most players are just a pain in the a**, more then any AI ever will be(hopefully)
jarcelao
Well, for me, I'll still go with the old fashioned offline gaming. But, it also depends on the genre of the game.

For RPG games, I still prefer offline gaming.
For FPS and strategy games, online gaming rocks!

Well, just my two cents though. Smile
Nameless
I'd rather on offline game any day. See, playing an online game means you have to be online. Which I am not all the time. Plus my internet speed sucks. Technicallities aside, online games usually involve a lot less story and really on the players themselves more.