FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question

irnes
In future if i want to get a host for site that I pay for what are some good ones and how much.
dan751
A good one is called Canaca. 10GB storage for thier bronze plan.
wuggizle
1&1 hosting are great. There are alot out there.
n0obie4life
dan751 wrote:

No way!

Horrid Hosting, bad support and etc..read the reviews about them!

I recommend 1and1 Wink
SBrian
I don't want to pay for it!! I want free webspace, and in my opinion this is a good one. Is a payed host really better?
dan751
n0obie4life wrote:
dan751 wrote:

No way!

I recommend 1and1 Wink

Never read the reviews on Canaca. Sorry, didn't know.
n0obie4life
SBrian wrote:
I don't want to pay for it!! I want free webspace, and in my opinion this is a good one. Is a payed host really better?

If you need almost instant and good support, and generally, their servers are better too Wink

And of course, better plans. Microsoft.com can't be running on some free host Very Happy (of course i know their have their own server).
Firebolt
Quote:
And of course, better plans. Microsoft.com can't be running on some free host Very Happy (of course i know their have their own server).

But what if they didnt host thier own server and they were renting a server imagine how much they would have to pay..... Sad
Bondings
Firebolt wrote:
Quote:

But what if they didnt host thier own server and they were renting a server imagine how much they would have to pay..... Sad

Microsoft has one of the most visited websites on the internet (msn.com) including a search engine and the very big microsoft.com website. They most likely have several datacenters of servers, maybe over a thousand of servers in total.
dan751
Quote:
Microsoft has one of the most visited websites on the internet (msn.com) including a search engine and the very big microsoft.com website. They most likely have several datacenters of servers, maybe over a thousand of servers in total.

I reckon it must be a chore keeping their websites up and running properly for the majority of the time, no?
darrell
n0obie4life wrote:
dan751 wrote:

No way!

I recommend 1and1 Wink

True Enough
bassgs_17
www.gphosting.org is an excellent place for paid web hosting, as for seven dollars a month you get, um... four gigs? They've had some major page outages lately, though...

1&1 looks good, though.

All hail Aquastrike's Realm!
bassgs_17
But seriously, it is hard to find a good pay web host among all of the incompetent ones. Also, we have a frihost account. What more do you need? Well, except download space...