FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PS3 update 3.30 -- Has your system been messed up by it?

Starrfoxx
I have a 60gb PS3 that I bought refurbished about a week ago from Gamestop. I bought it mainly to have the hardware backwards compatibility for my PS1 and PS2 games.

In order for me to use my machine online, an update is required. The new update is 3.30. Naturally, I investigate any updates before downloading anything in fear that patches create more of a mess.

This new patch is supposed to add HDTV 3D capability, but also removes the "other OS" function which doesn't bother me. What does bother me is that many people are reporting that their PS3 doesn't turn on anymore, doesn't read discs, wireless controllers not working, PS2 games no longer work, games freezing, etc. All of which started AFTER patching their machine.

What I'd like to know is whether or not you have patched your PS3 to version 3.30 and if you have had any issues.
spinout
I have the 40gb version and the update 3.30 worked fine.

I really want them to update the BD scaling to double framerate-
QrafTee
I don't know. I refuse to update it because I am one of the people who use the Other OS feature.
Covert-Waffles
Heres my thing with the new update.

I have another OS installed right? This update comes out, I think alright, I don't really need that other OS so Ill just uninstall it. Well, in order for me to uninstall it I need to reformat to get the space back. No problem right? Wrong. I have other friends accounts activated on my PS3, so it tells me to deactivate them, alright no problem, shouldn't be to hard. I go to to deactivate the accounts, but I need to be signed on to the PSN to do it. Ok, well thats no big deal. I go to sign on to the PSN, but I cant because an update is required....

This update they put out was the stupidest thing, I have ever heard of, and now I am missing some of my hard drive space because of it. GG Sony... GG