FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Internet Lock

nivinjoy
Has anyone heard of a software Internet Lock..??

Has anyone of you used or is anyone using it..?? If yes means please post the features, what all we can do with that and mainly the problems that we may face while using it..!!

Waiting for Replies..!!
escritor
Internet Lock is not free. What do you need it for? If you just want to filter some sites, I recommend trying OpenDNS or DynDNS.com Internet Guide.
nivinjoy
escritor wrote:
Internet Lock is not free. What do you need it for? If you just want to filter some sites, I recommend trying OpenDNS or DynDNS.com Internet Guide.

Actually i work in a organization and is in charge of a internet tower with about 100 systems with 2 Mbps connection.. I need to block some users from getting into some sites mainly into matrimonial sites,Youtube,and other sorts of media sharing sites.

So i need a solution for that. So will the above sites help me in this..??
escritor
Yes, they let you block categories of sites just like the ones you mentioned. Check out the free version of OpenDNS.
nivinjoy
escritor wrote:
Yes, they let you block categories of sites just like the ones you mentioned. Check out the free version of OpenDNS.

Hey just now i created an account and tried Open DNS. It is great and superb in categorical blocking.. But i couldn't make a specific website blocked using this..!!

Maybe i didn't explore it too much but i tried blocking one site in specific but it wasn't blocked..! Even then this service is a great one. I would like to ask a doubt in this context.. Is there any expiry for the free service or what is the limitation for the free service..??
AftershockVibe
Really? REALLY??!!
This thread boggles the mind and can be summed up with the letters: LMGTFY.

http://www.toplang.com/faq/faqinternetlock.htm?qid=internetlock
and
http://www.opendns.com/support/article/143
http://www.opendns.com/start/

Seriously, there is no reason this thread should exist. It just promotes idleness. Evil or Very Mad
Bondings
AftershockVibe wrote:
Seriously, there is no reason this thread should exist. It just promotes idleness. Evil or Very Mad

The problem with these kind of answers is that when you search for an answer on Google (or any other search engine) you end up at numerous forums all with the answer "Google it".

And there is nothing wrong with comparing programs and features here, even if it is available on Google easily.
nivinjoy
Bondings wrote:
AftershockVibe wrote:

The problem with these kind of answers is that when you search for an answer on Google (or any other search engine) you end up at numerous forums all with the answer "Google it".

And there is nothing wrong with comparing programs and features here, even if it is available on Google easily.

Thank you Bondings for the support..!!
escritor
nivinjoy, I'm glad you liked it. If you find some bad sites that haven't been added to the proper category yet, you may add them to the database.