FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dingoo - Chinese handheld with emulators

escritor
Does any of you own a Dingoo or have plans to buy the upcoming new version (A330)?

For those who don't know it, Dingoo is a Hongkongese device that plays games, videos and music. It supports games made for all kinds of old consoles and handhelds, such as Super Nintendo and Game Boy Advance. It has an active community of developers and gammers who keep publishing new emulators, themes, apps etc, such as this blog, Dingoonity. Smile

weableandbob
Ah, yes, I've heard about this from Ashens, and the emulators seem to have some problems. Also, the legality of emulators is questionable.
Nameless
weableandbob wrote:
Also, the legality of emulators is questionable.

Emulating copyrighted video games is illegal. There's nothing 'questionable' about that.

Now morally questionable, you could argue over.
escritor
weableandbob wrote:
Ah, yes, I've heard about this from Ashens, and the emulators seem to have some problems. Also, the legality of emulators is questionable.

The emulators created by players for Dingux, the Linux-based Dingoo operating system, are decent and constantly updated. Check out Dingoo-related blogs and forums to learn about improvements.

Nameless wrote:
weableandbob wrote:
Also, the legality of emulators is questionable.

Emulating copyrighted video games is illegal.

Emulators by themselves are not illegal, and both the native and homebrew Dingoo operating systems support other games that don't rely on emulators (such as the games developed by the Dingoo makers themselves, and this SuperTux port). There are also console videogames whose copyright status have expired, free legal ROMs made by individuals etc. As far as I'm concerned, no Dingoo is shipped from the official resellers with illegal ROMs.

In short, I understand that your comment was just a reply to weableandbob, but one should notice that Dingoo is only capable of running pirate games (much like an iPod is capable of playing illegal mp3 files); you're not forced to do so, and may use other features if you own one.
silverdown
*stares with amazment* ..... Shocked .....Now why would someone do that if it them games are protected Laughing
granvals
chinese games,Shenzhen Dingoo TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd,it's Well known in China

i like it,Thanks to share.
escritor
Do you own one, granvals? Smile