FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iPod/electronic fixes

ProwerBot
My brother just gave me his iPod video. It does not work, and he now has a 64GB iPod touch. Before, it only worked if it was plugged in, but one day he left it out in the sun and now it will not turn on at all. I've ordered a new battery for it, hoping maybe that will work, and I'll post here when it arrives which it should tommorow and if it is sucessful.

Has anyone else ever managed to fix an iPod? Or a phone? Or other electronics?
escritor
Wouldn't it be smarter to borrow somebody else's battery before buying a new one?
jilbs
maybe the battery has something to do with it but it will not guarantee.. But before you do that, look for videos on how to dis assemble your ipod. Smile

Good luck.
coolclay
Ipods are usually fairly easy to fix. It sounds like it's definitely the battery. There are tons of sellers on Ebay where you can get good cheap Ipod batteries and most throw in a free tool as well. I have replaced batteries, hard drives and fixed water damaged Ipods with 100% success so far! Let me know if you need help or if you can't fix it, let me know I could either try fixing it for you, or buy it from you for parts.
weableandbob
It sounds like either the battery or something unfixable. Good luck on replacing the battery.
coolclay
Any luck repairing the Ipod?
ProwerBot
Forgot about this topic!

Silly me.. I got the battery and it DID turn on, but it gave me the sad apple logo. Then about 5 minutes later one of the clips on the circuit board broke ): Bye Bye iPod.
escritor
ProwerBot wrote:
Forgot about this topic!

Silly me.. I got the battery and it DID turn on, but it gave me the sad apple logo. Then about 5 minutes later one of the clips on the circuit board broke ): Bye Bye iPod.

I'm sorry. Sad Do you have any plans to buy a new player?
coolclay
Well make sure you don't throw it away it can always be fixed with some soldering, if you want to donate any of the parts to me I will gladly pay shipping!
Ankhanu
http://www.ifixit.com/
Super handy site if you're interested in Apple product repair; reasonably priced parts/tools and tutorials on how to do the repairs. Awesome.