FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHPBB 'Remember Me' utterly useless

simplyw00x
Just what it says in the title. 'Remember me' doesn't do on my forum (http://free-magazine.co.uk/forums/) what it's meant to, i.e. I have to login every time. I have no idea why this is, as it's a fantastico-installed board with no tinkering done, and this is annoying both my users and myself.

Help!
mwm
Sounds like a cookies or security setting within your browser. Ensure cookies are enabled...

What browser are you using?

-mwm
simplyw00x
Opera, although at least one other user (who is probably using IE) has experienced this issue.
Bondings
Could you post the exact url to the board?
simplyw00x
That's it in post #1.

http://free-magazine.co.uk/forums/index.php
Bondings
I registered on your forum after you posted that link (by the way I think I'm getting blind, I honestly didn't see that link Wink ).

I then logged in, closed my browser and went again to your forum and I was still logged in. I use Firefox, if that might be useful.

Can you please tell me when exactly you get logged out? After posting?
simplyw00x
Well, if you say so I'll take your word for it. Maybe it's just me.
Bondings
It might be because the time period was so short. I will check again tomorrow morning after a fresh reboot.
n0obie4life
"Remember Me" uses COOKIES, as in Web Cookies, not the food.

So, if your using some broswer and it doesn't store cookies or if you clear your cookies, it won't work Wink
Bondings
I just went to your forum today and I'm still logged in.
yjwong
Invision also has this problem... I think the cookies of the board are deleted after you close the web browser
Bondings
Anyway, it seems like the problem has been solved. simplewo0x, if you still have a problem with this, please pm me to reopen this topic.
-closed-
n0obie4life
Bondings, the function seems to hate you cause you spelt it wrongly Razz.

-close-