FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's the better controller? Ps3 or Xbox?

drackon
Recently, my friends and I got in a fight about which controller is more comfortable. i for one say that the Xbox is bulky and fat. My friends say that ps3 is small and slippery. What do YOU say?
weableandbob
I would have to say the 360 controller is better. I've never liked the shape or size of the playstation controllers-they seem a bit too blocky for me.
william
I've always argued about controllers with others. As of now, I'd say the 360 controller is better, for my hands, than a Playstation 3 controller. I've never really liked the Dualshock/SIXAXIS controller. It just doesn't fit my hands well at all and the handles are way too short. I did, however, like the Dual Analog controller from the original Playstation thanks to its longer handles. However, to me, the best controller remains the Gamecube controller. The C-Stick is the weak point, but I haven't really had any problems with it. Besides that though, it's the most comfortable and most logical controller I've used. Everything falls perfectly under my fingers and it remains the only controller that doesn't hurt after 4 hours of heavy gaming. Smooth joystick, ergonomic design, fantastic analog shoulder buttons, and well arranged face buttons.
QrafTee
I like the Dual Shock 3 more. If they made the 360 controller bigger it would at least be ergonomic for me, but at the moment it's ergonomic--just not for me.
spinout
The PS3 controller is better - but the batteryholder is better on the 360. Smile

The problem with the 360 controller is the spring on the analogue buttons - it's to heavy set and tend to cause damage on your hand.
QrafTee
spinout wrote:
The PS3 controller is better - but the batteryholder is better on the 360. Smile

The problem with the 360 controller is the spring on the analogue buttons - it's to heavy set and tend to cause damage on your hand.
Really? I don't think so, but the D-pad on it is unarguably horrible.
5aia
i think 360 is better cause its bigger and more solid
eday2010
Xbox 360 hands down. The analog stick placement just feels more natural to me. And since I'm a man, the controller fits in my hand better as well.
Starrfoxx
I say the PS3 has better controllers. It's based on the same design as PS2. I never liked the feel of the Xbox ones.
QrafTee
eday2010 wrote:
Xbox 360 hands down. The analog stick placement just feels more natural to me. And since I'm a man, the controller fits in my hand better as well.
Since you're a man? What the hell does that mean? I have large hands and that controller isn't big enough. Man... hahaha.
recked
My hands have been stuck on the PS controller for as long as I can remember. PS3 fanboy here and loving it.
lucoquinha
ps3
rayxzero
For me playstation 3 has better controller because it is easy to grab.
Flakky
For some reason I have trouble with both thumbsticks on x360 controller. I can not fully reach the end without adjusting my hand to an uncomfortable position.

PS3 controllers can be held loosely and I prefer that.
smsmcfarland
I really think its a matter of what you've used more. I own a ps3 and i love how the controller feels and where everythings located. I dont own a 360 and when I pick up one of the controllers it feels alien and i cant even play a solid game of cod with it. Its really a matter of opinion :p
dazzsser
The PS3 Analog Sticks Are on the same level as each other and the Xbox's are completely on different levels.
catscratches
To me, Xbox-controllers are big, fat, clumpsy blocks. Not even the smaller versions are small enough. The Ps3-controller is a bit problematic as well, but it's still far ahead of the Xbox.
recked
ps2/ps3 controller. Did you see how ugly the new PS3 controller was? It was immediately bashed at and so SONY stuck with the original PS2 controller design.
achowles
People actually fight over which controller is better now? As has already been demonstrated, it depends on the size of your hands. Some people are going to prefer the smaller controllers in their small hands. But it certainly wouldn't work for me. I like the 360 controller, but it could be a lot better. The D-pad is terrible. But it fits in my hands well enough.
recked
^^Not Really...it all depends on comfort. I see the XBOX controller as a big ole crap handle. I can't properly shoot people on call of duty and shiii.
achowles
recked wrote:
^^Not Really...it all depends on comfort. I see the XBOX controller as a big ole crap handle. I can't properly shoot people on call of duty and shiii.

And what does comfort depend on more than how well it sits in your hands? I do agree that the 360 controller is useless for FPS though. All controllers are. Mouse and keyboard is where it's at for those games and neither console natively supports them.
alvarorojas4
I preffer the Play station 3 one... ;D
ato784
I personally do not like one better than the other. They each have their own pro's and con's.
Alpha118
For me it's deffinately the playstations one. Could very well be because I've almost always played Playstation 2/3 and havent really played that much on the xbox, and to be honest I think It's the same for many other people, whatever they play the most on they'll find the most fitting Very Happy
Alerrandre
WII is the best in this case.
ham65
In this case,controller,i prefer wii too.
CheDragon
I have big hands, so I think XBOX 360 controller is better, it is bigger and heavier
engammalsko
I think both.
confess
Hi,
My favourite games in X-Box are,
1) Bass Pro Shops Trophy Hunter 2007
2) Call of Duty 3
3) Dead or Alive 3
4) EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3
5) FIFA Soccer 07
spinout
well one good thing about the 360 controllers is the battery placing. the rest is crap.
PS3 controllers are expansive YES but valuable.

I got the biggest hands and the PS3 controllers work fine.
thegamingart
I have to say the Dual Shock 3. I highly disagree with those saying the the 360 controller is better for shooter and is generally bigger for the hand's comfort. Go and measure both controllers and you'll see that the dual shock 3 is actually bigger in length and height. You should also note that in recent dead zone tests, the 360's analogue have a MASSIVE dead zone in comparison to the dual shock 3s. This make that controller much less responsive in games like a FPS.
mctigue1973
drackon wrote:
Recently, my friends and I got in a fight about which controller is more comfortable. i for one say that the Xbox is bulky and fat. My friends say that ps3 is small and slippery. What do YOU say?
PS3 controllers are better and up to speed. I own both and started gaming on my PC. Look at both controllers! Ps3 is blue tooth and has a built-in battery pack and is six axis control. Xbox is 2.4mhz like a house phone, BATTERYS!!!!! WTF guys!!! This is 2012 guys. Are house phones don't yous triple A BATTERYS. It's bad that the Xbox had to be revamped three time to hang with the PS3 and is a good gaming console now BuT DAM, They forgot to up grade the controller. I like both game consoles but PS3 has this one.....
LostOverThere
mctigue1973 wrote:
drackon wrote:
PS3 controllers are better and up to speed. I own both and started gaming on my PC. Look at both controllers! Ps3 is blue tooth and has a built-in battery pack and is six axis control. Xbox is 2.4mhz like a house phone, BATTERYS!!!!! WTF guys!!! This is 2012 guys. Are house phones don't yous triple A BATTERYS. It's bad that the Xbox had to be revamped three time to hang with the PS3 and is a good gaming console now BuT DAM, They forgot to up grade the controller. I like both game consoles but PS3 has this one.....

What's wrong with using wireless interface? If it works perfectly fine, there's no reason to spend millions of dollars switching controllers over to bluetooth because some people on the internet have arbitrarily decided that it's better. Razz
Iceaxe0410
I'm a little torn on the subject. I've been a long time gamer for both the playstation and xbox. I've had to open both controllers to fix them. I suppose the winner for me would be the playstation controller even though I have trouble with sticky analog sticks. It is a minor annoyance, but the xbox controllers have caused me more problems down the road.

Playstation controller:

1. The directional pad is a bit awkward if you're trying to use it on any of the diagonal directions. I've always had a problem with that design.
2. The analog stick tends to stick a lot for me. I've cleaned it out several times, only to have to manually move it in the opposite direction to have it stop.
3. The bumpers at the top occasionally stick as well. Usually it's just from accumulated dirt. Nothing that a little cleaning could fix.
4. Uses a usb cable to recharge to the controller

Xbox controller:

1. Kind of big and bulky. I have smaller hands and find it difficult to use the directional pad. The plus side is that it allows better control of the diagonal directions.
2. In general my xbox controllers have outright broken. I had to cannibalize one controller to replace parts of another. Broken bumpers and buttons. Xbox controlller seems to be more prone to damage.
3. The recharging cord has broken twice for my controllers forcing me to use batteries. This isn't a bad thing, since I relied on rechargeable ones. It can be very expensive if you rely on regular alkaline batteries. Still, it would have been better if I could use the recharging cable. It wouldn't be such a problem if the cable was a standard one like the playstation uses.
Laro696
Have to agree that the ps3 control is the best. Even if it is very basic