FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Question Everyone Is Fighting About...PS3 or XBOX 360?

drackon
Just like the subject says. I see and hear a lot about this in public (among my friends and youtube comments). What i say is IT'S JUST A GAME SYSTEM!! THEY'RE BOTH GOOD!! however, i do have to say... PS3 is better in my opinion ^.^. Xbox has a lot of good games, but ps3 is a better system in general (such as the bluray and internet browser). It's also free. People argue about how Xbox is cheaper: it's actually not. In the beginning it is, but as time goes by and you're paying for the live and fixing your xbox for the 33% chance of your Xbox getting rrod (red ring of death), it costs a LOT more. Post opinions?
rayxzero
I'll go with PS3 because of some exclusive game for PS3 like GOD OF WAR III. I think the price of PS3 become more cheaper this day.
Starrfoxx
I vote for PS3 for the following reasons:

1) Bluray
2) Better graphics and storage as a result of #1
3) Online is free (with exception to your internet service)
4) Backwards compatibility is excellent, provided you have the old 20 or 60 gb version
5) Most "exclusive" 360 games can be played on a Windows machine anyway. Maybe not Halo, but Mass Effect certainly. That's because Microsoft is behind 360 and PC, so of course they'll want to make as much money as they can.
QrafTee
PS3 because... It Only Does Everything (save for PS2 backwards compatibility--but mine does--and OtherOS)
Starrfoxx
QrafTee wrote:
PS3 because... It Only Does Everything (save for PS2 backwards compatibility--but mine does--and OtherOS)

You must have not gone online recently or updated your machine. Sony removed the OtherOS ability, which is causing them a lawsuit now.

I have version 3.15, which still has the OtherOS on it. However, I have read that in order to go online, it is mandatory to update your PS3 to the latest version (3.30). Since we like to play Rock Band and would like to get additional DLC, I have a feeling we will have no choice but to update the machine soon. I don't use OtherOS, but I fear that the update will mess up the machine like it has for many others I have read about on various sites.
weableandbob
Honestly, neither of them are that great. PC is, was, and will possibly always be the best. However, if I had to choose, I would probably go with the PS3-I enjoy the exclusives more.
rayxzero
Is the PS3 Slim hardware already stable from over heating?
LostOverThere
Quote:
PS3 is better in my opinion ^.^. Xbox has a lot of good games, but ps3 is a better system in general (such as the bluray and internet browser). It's also free. People argue about how Xbox is cheaper: it's actually not. In the beginning it is, but as time goes by and you're paying for the live and fixing your xbox for the 33% chance of your Xbox getting rrod (red ring of death), it costs a LOT more.

There, you just answered your own question. People have opinions, you do and so does everyone. Its just when people start to mistake opinion for fact that things get sticky.
Marcuzzo
I have the 360 elite and I love it. and here are the reasons why:

1. my previous one, which was a regular 360 broke down and after a week MS shipped me a brand new one, so I'd say that their support is pretty decent.

2. xbox live may be 60€ a year, but... cheaters and those with modded consoles + games will be banned. so... less cheaters. and for those that got banned... there are several ways to play online again.

3. response times... PS online has a lot more lag then Xbox live.

4. if you don't play online you can mod it and do whatever you want with it.

5. If I want to play a bluray disc. I spend a little bit more and get a propper decent bluray player.
( same as with the previous Gen consoles and DVD )

drackon wrote:
but ps3 is a better system in general

fact is that the PS3 was released a lot later then the 360 and isn't that much better IMO.

drackon wrote:
(such as the bluray and internet browser). It's also free.

Bluray: See No 5.
Internet: I wouldn't use a console to go on the internet to begin with
Free: you bought the console and you are paying your provider for access... Sony should be a shamed if they would charge you to connect to internet.

drackon wrote:
you're paying for the live and fixing your xbox for the 33% chance of your Xbox getting rrod (red ring of death), it costs a LOT more.

See No 1.
and if your console is out of waranty ( which is 3 years for the RROD I think ) then you could try and fix it yourself, there are plenty of tutorials and stuff on the internet.

then there is PC gaming... tried it once... no thank you.
I keep pushing the wrong keys on my keyboard and I'm not half as accurate in shooting as I'm with the 360 controller.
+ you have to keep your hardware up to date.

what I'm trying to say is that I'm not Pro MS, but I'm not Anti.
I just hate the fact that having Apple stuff or sony is "cool" and having MS stuff turns you into a sucker...
which is untrue if you ask me, remember :
* the Sony Rootkit.
* Sony Vaio peripheral support
* try and change a sound/video card on a mac ( I know there is no real reason to do it but still, what if one would like to)

and at the end it all comes down to the same thing... this guy loves to drive a BMW and the other one loves Alfa Romeo.... and the discussion of which one is better will go on forever.
it is all a matter of personal preference.
QrafTee
Starrfoxx wrote:
QrafTee wrote:

You must have not gone online recently or updated your machine. Sony removed the OtherOS ability, which is causing them a lawsuit now.

I have version 3.15, which still has the OtherOS on it. However, I have read that in order to go online, it is mandatory to update your PS3 to the latest version (3.30). Since we like to play Rock Band and would like to get additional DLC, I have a feeling we will have no choice but to update the machine soon. I don't use OtherOS, but I fear that the update will mess up the machine like it has for many others I have read about on various sites.
I haven't updated because Sony's move to remove it was uncalled for and I hope the United States and the European Union puts the hurt on Sony for it.
jigoku05
PS3 for me. Coz it has exclusive games that I like.

FF Versus XIII
God of War 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
and armored core series
Covert-Waffles
I used to be a hardcore PS3 fanatic. Originally owning a 360, I made the switch shortly after the PS3 came out. Mostly for its larger storage size, and the built in Blu-Ray player.

With the recent update Sony has release, blocking the ability to allow the "OtherOS" option, I have been strongly considering going back to the 360.

Now, I kind of just go for both, and if someone tries to start an argument with me about it, I just tend to ignore them.
LostOverThere
Quote:
With the recent update Sony has release, blocking the ability to allow the "OtherOS" option, I have been strongly considering going back to the 360.

Honestly, I never expected this to be such a big deal. You mention that you're considering reverting to a Xbox 360 due to Sony taking out the OtherOS feature, but do you actually use the OtherOS feature regularly? Is it your main use for your PS3?

Not trying to start a fight, just curious. (Note: I own neither a 360 nor a PS3).