FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

star wars

Shadowninja7194
Does anyone else love star wars? I do:D there an up coming mmo called swtor.com. Star Wars THe Old Republic.
sithlord
Dude, i love Star wars. and would you happen to know when the SWTOR beta will be coming out?
Ankhanu
Star Wars is one of my passions. Is there anything in particular about Star Wars you wanted to discuss, or are you just absently asking if people like one of the biggest science fiction franchises that exists?

sithlord wrote:
Dude, i love Star wars. and would you happen to know when the SWTOR beta will be coming out?

It's really wacky, but, believe it or not, that answer is provided by the FAQ on the website!

swtor.com FAQ wrote:

No release date has been set for Star Wars: The Old Republic. To keep informed as to the status of Star Wars: The Old Republic, be sure to join our newsletter. We also encourage you to visit the official website to view regularly scheduled content updates.
hunnyhiteshseth
I don't think anybody who has seen Star Wars will hate it!

And yeah as mentioned, star wars old republic's release date is not final yet.
Radar
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

Oh, I'm fiarly sure that that statement's a little extreme. I mean, yes, the majority of viewers, myself included, love it, but... have come across one or two people in my time that aren't really fans.

Yes, it is Star Wars. It's probably the most widely loved sci-fi movies series out there.
hunnyhiteshseth
Radar wrote:
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:

Oh, I'm fiarly sure that that statement's a little extreme. I mean, yes, the majority of viewers, myself included, love it, but... have come across one or two people in my time that aren't really fans.

Yes, it is Star Wars. It's probably the most widely loved sci-fi movies series out there.

Oh yeah, exceptions would always be there. i was just using a superlative. Laughing
Denvis
I haven't seen star wars myself and I was actually planning to watch it over the weekend however I'm unsure if I should watch it from 1 - 6 or watch it according to when it was published.
hunnyhiteshseth
Denvis wrote:
I haven't seen star wars myself and I was actually planning to watch it over the weekend however I'm unsure if I should watch it from 1 - 6 or watch it according to when it was published.

Watch it from 1 to 6. The 4th was released earlier because technology to make first was not available at that time.
app893
I watched the film in my childhood and play the figures when i was a young student in school,for me,it's a memory in the past.
desonium
rtl 7 is now every week sending one movie out Cool
So I am watching all the movies for the third time now, can't get enough from it Cool So I expect I also like the new movie when he comes out.
ankitdatashn
Sorry for interrupting but please may I know the full form or meaning of 'mmo' as mentioned in the first post. Neutral Apologies...
Ankhanu
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Denvis wrote:

Watch it from 1 to 6. The 4th was released earlier because technology to make first was not available at that time.

Wasn't a technology thing, it was more that "A New Hope" was really the only part of the tale of Darth Vader that could work as a stand alone movie. All other parts of the story are either open ended, or relies on previous material to make sense. The Rise of Luke Skywalker and the fight against Imperial oppression was really the only part of the tale that could be it's own movie... they didn't think they'd ever make any more movies.

[quote="ankitdatashn"]Sorry for interrupting but please may I know the full form or meaning of 'mmo' as mentioned in the first post. Neutral Apologies...[/quote

Massive Multiplayer Online (roleplaying game)
standready
Denvis wrote:

Watch it in the true order of release 4 - 6 then 1 - 3.
Episode 4 was released on May 25, 1977
Xanify
Star Wars! Very Happy

I'd watch it from 1 to 6, though most Hardcore Fans!!!!1! will tell you to watch 4-6 and then 1-3. Rolling Eyes
Parkour_Jarrod
Xanify wrote:
Star Wars! Very Happy

I'd watch it from 1 to 6, though most Hardcore Fans!!!!1! will tell you to watch 4-6 and then 1-3. Rolling Eyes

It's true 4-6 were the best, and need to be watched first, i think George Lucas really failed his fans with 1-3, they were entertaining but not as epic as the first 4-6
desonium
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Xanify wrote:
Star Wars! Very Happy

It's true 4-6 were the best, and need to be watched first, i think George Lucas really failed his fans with 1-3, they were entertaining but not as epic as the first 4-6

Jeah I agree in that. The special effects are also very good for that time Wink
Ankhanu
I'd say Lucas is failing the fans by refusing to release the original theatrical releases of 4-6 ever again, opting to only have Special Edition edits available. The originals were such an important aspect of so many people's lives, even our cultural heritage itself; it's a crime to hold them back Razz
joostvane
ankitdatashn wrote:
Sorry for interrupting but please may I know the full form or meaning of 'mmo' as mentioned in the first post. Neutral Apologies...

MMO is a Massive Multiplayer Online (most of the time: MMORPG - Massive multiplayer onlien roleplaying game).

It basicly means you play online, in a world where you can see other characters, like real persons.

A few well known MMO(RPG)s are World Of Warcraft, EVE Online, Second life, Runescape, ...
tony
Shadowninja7194 wrote:
Does anyone else love star wars? I do:D there an up coming mmo called swtor.com. Star Wars THe Old Republic.

Wow; I love Star wars but had never heard of this swtor. Just checked out the website; that looks awesome! Thanks for the info!!
_AVG_
Well, I quite enjoyed the movies and haven't really had the time to read them but have heard that the books are a treat as well.

However, there have been allegations that Star Wars is a bit similar to both Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. Naturally, I feel that Lucas was indeed inspired by Tolkein in some way or the other and Rowling must have been inspired by both Lucas and Tolkein. What do you think?
Ghost900
I enjoy the Star Wars movies, I would recommend watching them from 1-6 as it helps you keep the story as a more progressive rather then jumping around.

As for the MMO, I have a tendency to stay away from Movie games as they generally are not that good. The Star Trek MMO is kinda bad I have heard from a number of people.
Xanify
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Xanify wrote:
Star Wars! Very Happy

I do agree that 4-6 are better, but it makes more sense to me to watch them chronologically.
Parkour_Jarrod
Xanify wrote:

I do agree that 4-6 are better, but it makes more sense to me to watch them chronologically.

True, but to me, you watch 4-6 and know the story, then watch 1-3 as a prologue/prequels sorta? like watching the 3 x-men movies then watching wolverine origins. If that makes sence
menino
Star Wars is still amazing, and not just the movies, but even their games are quite nice.

I remember playing tie fighter a long time ago, and it felt like I was in space.

I'm sure Old republic will bea big hit, with loads of fans being out there for star wars.
ankitdatashn
joostvane wrote:

MMO is a Massive Multiplayer Online (most of the time: MMORPG - Massive multiplayer onlien roleplaying game).

It basicly means you play online, in a world where you can see other characters, like real persons.

A few well known MMO(RPG)s are World Of Warcraft, EVE Online, Second life, Runescape, ...

Ohk got it, so I am assuming counter strike also falls in this category, just played MMO with our house LAN although I want to try it on a network...
missdixy
I had no idea they were coming out with an MMO! Let's hope it's a hit and that people actually play it. It seems there's been a lot of MMO's lately, some of which haven't done so good.

But anyway, I'm not really much into Star Wars. I enjoyed watching two of the films that were made more recently but then when I tried to watch one of the older ones I found myself bored.....of course, this was also about four years ago and I was in high school and I was sort of distracted by this cute guy sitting next to me at a friend's house where we watched it so...yea...who knows...maybe I should give them a shot again.
Ankhanu
Seems like people have forgotten about Star Wars Galaxies... there's been a Star Wars MMO out for years Razz Mind you, Galaxies was a flop... hopefully Old Republic will be better.
David_Pardy
I like the Star Wars trilogy (the original one) but obviously was never a huge fan of the prequel trilogy... The acting and directing were both tragic!

I just finished playing Knights of the Old Republic 2... Now, without having played any other Star Wars games since an old wire-frame X Fighter game back in 1992 or something, I must say that KOTOR 2 was a really well done game. The story was compelling, and the action was very well balanced. I played it as a 'pure good' Jedi Sentinel/Watchman, and have just restarted as an evil Consular and will become a Sith Master.

I have had the urge to rewatch the Prequel trilogy recently though... I know I won't be able to stomach a lot of it, but I'm interested in the story itself so I'm trying to get to the point where I just 'have' to watch it before I actually do Smile.
missdixy
Ankhanu wrote:
Seems like people have forgotten about Star Wars Galaxies... there's been a Star Wars MMO out for years Razz Mind you, Galaxies was a flop... hopefully Old Republic will be better.

Oh durr SWG haha. Okay, so I did know that existed and forgot. Hmmm. Kinda crazy that they're coming up with another one. Also, I wikipedia'd it and saw this:

Quote:
The Sony Online Entertainment development team has been releasing a good number of Game Update patches that have been well received by players since early 2009, and because of this there has been a rise in subscriptions.

haha
Ankhanu
David_Pardy wrote:
I just finished playing Knights of the Old Republic 2... Now, without having played any other Star Wars games since an old wire-frame X Fighter game back in 1992 or something, I must say that KOTOR 2 was a really well done game. The story was compelling, and the action was very well balanced. I played it as a 'pure good' Jedi Sentinel/Watchman, and have just restarted as an evil Consular and will become a Sith Master.

Play Knights of the Old Republic. KotOR2 was pretty sweet, but it was released way too soon, and they didn't complete a bunch of story lines (ie. HK factory) and left it with a bunch of glitches. KotOR is a little more polished, as, well, it's a complete game Razz THe game play is pretty much identical in most respects, and both are awesome stories.

missdixy wrote:
Quote:
The Sony Online Entertainment development team has been releasing a good number of Game Update patches that have been well received by players since early 2009, and because of this there has been a rise in subscriptions.

haha

Heh, imagine that, "support it, and they will come"