FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are muffins better than bread?

Bluedoll
They say man (this may include woman as well) can not live on bread alone. Although I love all kinds of bread, there are times I find that I just have to make a change in my eating habits. If given the choice, which do you prefer, a good bay go bready or a little round muffin on your plate? And why? If you are going to do it - why not - smear some butter on as well?
ProwerBot
Actually I prefer bread if I'm going to put stuff like peanut butter on it. But muffins are better at some things than bread is, and vice versa.
truespeed
In the North of England a muffin is bread,a chip muffin is a local delicacy.
goutha
I think that they are complementary to each other. I love moffins in the morning, bred the rest of the time. And I'm talking about sweet muffins not english ones.
Bluedoll
Yes not all muffins are the same and me too - do like it sweeter and even with a raison or two.
deanhills
I love both. Muffins however are perhaps more of a treat than my daily bread. Also, where I am in the Middle East, muffins are not a staple, and since there is not a large demand for it, one can't really get them as fresh as in North America for example.

If I had a choice however, and I were in England, I would prefer scones to muffins. Muffins are a bit on the sweet side for me.
soljarag
i like the tops of muffens........... its hard to compare muffens and bread...... they are just diffrent.... and it depends on what mood i am in
airh3ad
Me to i love both. mostly i take bread in the morning that's my breakfast always bread. i hate sweets sometimes, depends on my mode.
Ghost900
I think that each has its place, I prefer a banana-nut muffin over a plain slice of bread but if I am putting something on the bread then I may want to have bread, depending on the situation.
iman
I like muffins more when I'm craving for desserts. I eat plain bread when I'm just hungry.
desonium
I don't like muffins. So I prefer bread.
I eat bread every breakfast and also for lunch Cool
deanhills
desonium wrote:
My grandmother who is from Holland likes to put a slice of Breakfast Cake on top of a slice of buttered bread for breakfast. Do people still do that in Holland? Smile
standready
I like both bread and muffins. My choice depends on my mood at the moment and what available at that time. Sometimes I will just have a doughnut - LOL
desonium
deanhills wrote:
desonium wrote:
My grandmother who is from Holland likes to put a slice of Breakfast Cake on top of a slice of buttered bread for breakfast. Do people still do that in Holland? Smile

Haha really??
No, I even have never heard of someone who likes that, but I belive their are people who like a piece of Breakfast Cake on their bread. Tastes are different for every single person.
jigoku05
wow what a nice question! it's like asking "what's better, a vehicle or a car"!

isn't muffin a type of bread lol!
eday2010
Bread is better, simply because muffins a basically small, muffin-shaped cakes.
iman
I think it all depends on the mood. If you wake up in the morning feeling refreshed, a slice of bread is better than anything else. But when you're tired after work, a muffin can help you feel better.
guissmo
Muffins are too sweet for me. Bread generally wins over muffins for me, but I guess I can settle for muffins every now and then.

Especially the newly cooked ones. :p
PureReborn
The Top of the Muffin is better than bread!!! Not the bottom though, I'm the kind of person that loves eating the top of the muffin and then by the time I get to the bottom I lost all interest.
chartcentral
I'd go for bread. Though having a muffin from time to time would also be okay. Smile
Greatking
muffins i think i will enjoy them if i got hold of one, but i guess bread is ok as well.
missdixy
I prefer bread! But it also depends on the kind of bread. I don't really like muffins very much...but it also depends on the kind of muffin!

But basically if it was my favorite bread vs. my favorite muffin...I prefer the bread!
Xanify
Muffins are totally awesome and better than bread.

I'd get sick of either one if I had to eat them constantly, though.
Arty
I don't like bread, so I prefer the muffin Very Happy
ProfessorY91
If I'm looking for something salty or filling, bread (preferably with stuff on it or tea to dip it in). If I'm looking for something sweet, or on the go, a muffin.
ProwerBot
This topic made me hungry ):
TurtleShell
yeah, I'd have to say I prefer bread to muffins. Not a big fan of sweet bread, which is what muffins are to me...just sweetened bread.
Aredon
A good poppyseed muffin is better than bread any day! Unless the bread is potato, then I might be torn. Very Happy

Sweetened bread is also cake, not muffins Razz.
pll
I think that with everything you can put in a muffin it can always become more healthy than plain bread.
deanhills
pll wrote:
I think that with everything you can put in a muffin it can always become more healthy than plain bread.
Good point. They also say that if one eats too much bread, the yeast in the bread can cause digestion problems. So from that point of view muffins could also be better, provided it has healthy ingredients, and not too much fat and sugar in it.
Shadowninja7194
I'm not sure about this one....what type of muffins and what type of bread? What type of sauce or what type of margin is in play here? There are so many more questions i could ask for this.

But if it was a choice between blueberry muffins and white bread..i would go for the muffin.

Because muffins are FTW
Aredon
More like a big chocolate muffin with chocolate chips and a glass of whole milk. If that makes me a fatty so be it! Very Happy
Shadowninja7194
Hahaha, after that i think youl be in for a good 5k run mate:D
driftingfe3s
Yeah, I'd go with a muffin just because they have more flavor than regular plain bread. I really like blueberry muffins and chocolate chip muffins.

But if I were to make a sandwich, that's a different story. I'd go with regular bread because muffins tend to be sweet and that taste weird with sandwich meats in my opinion.
Aredon
Shadowninja7194 wrote:
Hahaha, after that i think youl be in for a good 5k run mate:D
Wouldn't that require that I remove myself from my chair, stop eating muffins, and go outside? :O I'm not sure I can move anymore, and natural light burnz usssssss.
Bluedoll
I think just the right temperature is important. Cold ones just don't. However if warm, melting butter but not so hot that it melts the muffin really makes it for me.
Aredon
didn't realize thread necromancer was a kind of muffin. Smile
Bluedoll
Aredon wrote:

Going to ask just what necromancer has to do with this post, please?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necromancy

Quote:
Man can not live on bread alone.
timothymartin
Bluedoll wrote:
Aredon wrote:

I see dead people.. in my muffin. Twisted Evil
Bluedoll
timothymartin wrote:
Bluedoll wrote:
Aredon wrote:

I see dead people.. in my muffin. Twisted Evil

Maybe you better not eat it then?
Twotone
Very hard choice this Smile

A thick slice of freshly baked bread, spread with real butter
Vs
A double chocolate chip Muffin hmmm

Maybe i go for the healthy choice.....Blueberry Muffin Smile

( gone for a slice of toast with blackcurrent jam )
menino
If you want taste, then muffin is good, but if your into health, and are watching your weight and what you eat, then bread is better.
deanhills
menino wrote:
If you want taste, then muffin is good, but if your into health, and are watching your weight and what you eat, then bread is better.
I think both can be healthy depending on how they are prepared. White bread for example with loads of butter and jam, in excess, can be really bad for you, just as much as really sugary muffins are. One can however get healthy muffins if one wants to in as much as one can find healthy bread.
Aredon
Bluedoll wrote:
Aredon wrote:

Quote:

Last post in thread: June
July
August
Your post in thread: September
Bluedoll
Aredon wrote:
Bluedoll wrote:
Aredon wrote:

Quote:

July
August

Thanks, I was away. Smile

As he looked over at her with eyes of desire, he said, "nice muffin".

"Eat your own", she replied. Wink

if bread is not enough then what does man need?
Flakky
Eww,,, muffins, I prefer bread Smile
Nameless
HOW IS THIS TOPIC EVEN STILL ALIVE I DON'T EVEN

Bread is bread okay people. This is your basic foodstuff. Muffins are a specific subsection of bread, usually more delicious. But you can't make a delicious and healthy sandwich with a muffin, so generic bread wins.

Aredon wrote:
July
August

Bread is timeless. Razz
Peterssidan
Muffins are sweet so I categorize it under Candy & Cookies. I don't eat candy and cookies any more so I prefer the bread. You don't often eat bread by itself. You can put butter and other kind of things like cheese, ham or leverpastej on, and sliced tomatoes and/or cucumber on top. A Muffin you eat alone.
Nameless
Peterssidan wrote:
Muffins are sweet so I categorize it under Candy & Cookies.

Apples are sweet. Neutral
Peterssidan
Nameless wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:

I know but apples are fruit Wink
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:

Well ..... one can get savoury muffins as well. I prefer oatmeal muffins with no sugar in them for example.

I also agree with Peterssidan, if Muffins are sweet, then I would categorize them under "sweets" too. Usually the "sweet" muffins that one gets in coffee shops are nauseatingly sweet. And enormous in size.
Bluedoll
Yeah, I like the muffins good for the ears too. You need two though. Put one on each ear, keeps them warm. Of course you can't hear as well. Laughing
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
Yeah, I like the muffins good for the ears too. You need two though. Put one on each ear, keeps them warm. Of course you can't hear as well. Laughing
Definitely needed during the winters in Canada. Essential wear. I always wondered what one could wear for one's nose though. Especially when one's nostrils get frosty. Is there something like nose warmers? Smile
Nameless
deanhills wrote:
Bluedoll wrote:
Definitely needed during the winters in Canada. Essential wear. I always wondered what one could wear for one's nose though. Especially when one's nostrils get frosty. Is there something like nose warmers? Smile

Stick hot peas up your nose.

Wait not, don't do that. That's silly. Use bacon bits. Imagine, the smell of bacon everywhere you walk. Mmmmmm ...
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Bluedoll wrote:

Stick hot peas up your nose.

Wait not, don't do that. That's silly. Use bacon bits. Imagine, the smell of bacon everywhere you walk. Mmmmmm ...
You should write a book with these quips and get it illustrated. Would be a best seller .....! Hilarious.
Bluedoll
I am not stating that I can supply evidence to this effect but I understand that if you use the hot bagel for nosewear it has an advantage that can be proven scientifically.
It is called the whole theory.
maplecity
I love bread, I eat it plan...
Bluedoll
Sounds like a good idea to eat
the food that makes for healthy
and not forget our spiritual needs.
As for bread or muffin
it can not be made more clear
but at least it is not $ nuts
with chocolate covered illusions.
eneka38
I think I prefer bread, with some butter, eggs, hey I really like sandwiches. They are very tasty for me. Muffins are good too but I really prefer bread.
Bluedoll
eneka38 wrote:
I think I prefer bread, with some butter, eggs, hey I really like sandwiches. They are very tasty for me. Muffins are good too but I really prefer bread.
Well you know answering posts can be fun and reading them too. It is what we do but in this case so little I can say because it is true though I really want to post something good, finding it difficult to do because this just made me too hungry.
Smile