FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Could you tell you don't hate anyone?

iyepes
During my life, as all people, I have had good people around me, people who I can't stand, people who I've fight with, but, I haven't feel hatred against anyone.

I usually hear people saying "I hate that person", but I never felt that, I've felt anger many times (in a clinical scale, that went to therapy and recovered Razz) but never hatred.

Is someone unfamiliar with hatred like me? I want to think I'm not the only one Smile
Da Rossa
Too nice you're unfamiliar with hatred!!

Because, today, people are so selfish that they're all hateable. For example, I always try to make the people I like pleased. Some day some of them will betray me in one way or another.

Also, I'm more likely to hate people for their ideas, ignorance on purpose and their omissions, moral or in activity.

Edit: by the way: try to stay that way. You'll always be superior. Then, in 20 years, if you accomplish staying that way, please write a book. Serious!!
deanhills
This is probably going to sound a bit like a cliche, but I don't think people can really have loved, if they have not been able to have hated either. The two are like opposites of one another, the one having its offsetting negative. Think it could be that all of us get taught as kids that one ought not to hate anyone. And one must turn the cheek to the other side when someone slaps you in the face. Think that is where most of society's ills start, as people are too ashamed to tell others if they really hate someone. Obviously hate is a negative, and just like love, one needs to work one's way through it, and get beyond that. But if one does not face it head on, it could easily come out in different ways, when one wonders why you thought you did something when you did not really mean to do it. I.e., one is not fully grounded in both the negatives as well as the positives in your life. I think to truly love someone, one must have hated them a little as well first.
Greatking
yes there are people around who do not hate. some people have really irritated me, i have been very angry but never hated even the worst offender. i realize that i always try to understand the reason behind people's behavior and that helps in not hating them, i may hate some attitudes or characteristics but to hate the person never. and i hope and pray i never come to that level. for one thing its not healthy and from where i come from you may be labeled as a witch.
iyepes
I don't think that hate is a emotion to teach children, because it's not necessary. You can feel anger, you can disagree with someone, but there's no need to hate the other person.

I have experienced love, as all people, and it doesn't imply I need to experience hate to know the difference.

I agree that people need to express their feelings, but with children is specially important to teach them how to express them without hurting others. Like anger, you can be angry for the situation, but you can avoid being agressive with the other person.
camperkid
I sometimes hat the behaviour of certain individuals, but hating a person makes very little sense to me
inuyasha
Seldom do I hate anyone. But I would hate those who stop at nothing to sow discord or show him or herself off seriously.
deanhills
I can't see how people can't hate if they can love, as for me hate is the offsetting negative of love. When you are into love, hate has to lurk around as well. You can't separate the two from one another. Perhaps we can tell ourselves we don't hate, as that is not what we are supposed to do, but who knows what is going on in our subconscious.
blog_inforama
on the face i dont hate any one but honestly i hate a million!!
iyepes
deanhills wrote:
I can't see how people can't hate if they can love, as for me hate is the offsetting negative of love. When you are into love, hate has to lurk around as well. You can't separate the two from one another. Perhaps we can tell ourselves we don't hate, as that is not what we are supposed to do, but who knows what is going on in our subconscious.

You have a manichae vision of the world, feelings aren't defined by oppositions, you can feel love a no need at all of hatred.

When you discover the power of forgiveness, you will realize you don't need to bring hate into you life.
watersoul
deanhills wrote:

I see your reasoning there, and I kind of agree to a point.
My slant on hate is that I try to never actually even use that word - "I don't like" "that makes me angry" etc are my preferred choices, but if I do say "I hate..." its always "I hate what they're doing", or "I hate that behaviour" etc, never "I hate the person".
I've taught my son the same thoughts, and he uses the same terms himself now, understanding that how people affect us is the issue, and hating the individual will never address the problem.

Another reason I control my feelings of hate is the damage that this emotion can potentially cause, including death.
Whenever I've been in a violent situation, my hate is absolutely sidelined as it affects my clarity of thinking to the point that I could risk going beyond "reasonable force" to defend myself,and into the realms of "attack" or "punish". I've seen too many violent drunken rages from other people over the years causing damage which cannot be undone - all because of hate.

Now as far as love is concerned, I totally embrace that feeling in as many situations as I can, love of nature, love of people, and love of just being alive. Yes, that love emotion also alters my clarity of thinking and it often leaves me vulnerable, even blinded to how someone might be treating me.
But that old saying of better to have loved and lost is better than never loving at all, its totally true in my head!
Flakky
When you have a partner, who breaks up with you out of the blue, gets a new partner in 5 days, which makes deaththreats to you, after she is done with him she kisses on of your friends and has sex with another friend, I can honestly say that I am quite frustrated (holding back on my vocabulary here).

I was really disapointed by my 2 friends, and my other friends chose her side or the side of the 2 friends. So I had no where to go. She was my everything. After all the sacrifices I made this is not how I should be treated.

When half a year passed she spoke to me. She said sorry about the deaththreats, not knowing the other ****** things she has done.

I can tell I sincerely hate someone and have sincere reasons. I get mad and aggressive when someone says I should not be. So I refused sharing this with friends.
It's been more than a year ago and my school life still sucks.

Though I can agree that people often say "I hate someone" while they actually mean "I dislike him for doing something minor"

EDIT: And have a nice day Smile I forgot to keep positive here.
watersoul
Flakky wrote:
When you have a partner, who breaks up with you out of the blue, gets a new partner in 5 days, which makes deaththreats to you, after she is done with him she kisses on of your friends and has sex with another friend, I can honestly say that I am quite frustrated (holding back on my vocabulary here).

I was really disapointed by my 2 friends, and my other friends chose her side or the side of the 2 friends. So I had no where to go. She was my everything. After all the sacrifices I made this is not how I should be treated.

When half a year passed she spoke to me. She said sorry about the deaththreats, not knowing the other ****** things she has done.

I can tell I sincerely hate someone and have sincere reasons. I get mad and aggressive when someone says I should not be. So I refused sharing this with friends.

Though I can agree that people often say "I hate someone" while they actually mean "I dislike him for doing something minor"

Dude, this isn't the most positive of topics so don't worry.

I do honestly know the pain you mean though, I got cheated on during Christmas day once after a 5 year relationship, dumped suddenly by text and left feeling pain that to me was the same as grief over the loss of someone I loved intensely.

Never once did I hate the girl involved though, I was simply feeling pain as a result of the choices she made.
We're actually friends again now and I will stop to chat whenever we pass on the street. Hate to me is an absolutely destructive emotion, and holding that hate inside will never help fix the painful thing that really is the focus of the emotion that we feel.
Bluedoll
@iyepes “When you discover the power of forgiveness, you will realize you don't need to bring hate into you life.”
You are so so lucky and maybe it is not just luck that makes you a novice to hate. Having this kind of ignorance is certainly a blessing, reward and credit to you. Your posts are always so good to read by the way, I look forward to them before starting. I agree we need to learn and re-learn forgiveness and be honest to ourselves about it.
There is need here to say that I skipped over this post, for the reason, I desired to find my honesty. I did not want to answer the question as no, I never hate, that would be just another lie. I am familiar with hatred but not in a violent way. I’ve tasted bitter wine and it left a hurt in my tummy.
@deanhills “Perhaps we can tell ourselves we don't hate, as that is not what we are supposed to do, but who knows what is going on in our subconscious.”
These are such good genuine thoughts, as some of us or sometimes we all feel things deeply and hurt or disappointment can be transferred into hate somehow. I’m not sure how or why, except even two or more separate and different events can trigger a feeling.
@watersoul “My slant on hate is that I try to never actually even use that word - "I don't like" "that makes me angry" etc are my preferred choices, but if I do say "I hate..." its always "I hate what they're doing", or "I hate that behaviour" etc, never "I hate the person".”
It is true, we can, I believe this too, we can have a healthy hate for negative things but should never hate another human being or fall victim to being destroyed ourselves. However, only to make my thought have sense, the drug pusher to children, the drunk driver that does not care, Hitler’s who strive just for power or themselves etc - it is hard not to want to send a stone flying in their direction even though you know it might be wrong.
@my fictional inner shinning knight of my rescue - We do for justice, do for protection, do for the common good but we don’t hate in the doing of it, for the sake of our souls.
@Greatking “may be labeled as a witch” I agree and well said my prayers are my prayers and well to be answered.
@Flakky – I am sorry, sincerely sorry.
watersoul
Bluedoll wrote:
...we can have a healthy hate for negative things but should never hate another human being or fall victim to being destroyed ourselves. However, only to make my thought have sense, the drug pusher to children, the drunk driver that does not care, Hitler’s who strive just for power or themselves etc - it is hard not to want to send a stone flying in their direction even though you know it might be wrong...

Absolutely agree, and if I can expand a bit on my concept of hate, it's really just a tool in the emotional box and can be found always in the same department as pain.

At a deeper level, to me anyway, maybe the only thing I ever really hate is pain itself.
It would cause pain to me if that drug pusher or drunk driver hurt my child, but it would be the emotional pain inside me that would drive my actions. It might be easier to de-humanise someone through the feeling of hate, and hurt them in return, but ultimately there is always pain driving my "hate" somewhere.
Equally, I define Love as the opposite of pain, they are the two main emotions that drive me - things that make me happy, and things that make me sad, things that cause me pain, and things I love.

It's just the ratio between the two that ever changes Smile
Greatking
I dont remember the last time i felt I hated someone.

I have been pissed off and gotten cross by people, to the point of disliking them. But never to hate them.

I guess hatred goes the point were you wish that person dead. For instance if someone killed someone close to you, either by accident of intentiaonal, you would somewhat wish the person dead.

That when forgiveness comes to play, hatred only brews when we cannot forgive those who trespass against. we are humans and are bound to offend others even when we brood hatred for others, we may tend to offend other people by our attitudes.

From your heart if you can forgive, you can never hate.
deanhills
Greatking wrote:
I guess hatred goes the point were you wish that person dead. For instance if someone killed someone close to you, either by accident of intentiaonal, you would somewhat wish the person dead.
I guess one would have to define "hate" first, and if it is this definition then I've never felt like killing anyone yet. I've felt really angry with people at times, but would never wish them to lose their lives. Hmmmmm ...... maybe a finger though, or a toe or two .... Smile
LittleBlackKitten
I can honestly, completely, totally, and fully tell you that I do not "hate" anyone. There are people I do not like, people I do not get along with, people I can't stand to be around, but I am truly incapable of hating anyone. I do not hold angry grudges, nor do I exact revenge or anger against anyone more than in the "heat of the moment", if someone's pissed me off, but apart from that, I do not hate anyone and I wonder if I am even capable of it. I tend to be a pessimistic optimist in the sense that I am negative on the outside, but hopeful and positive on the inside. I try to see the best in everyone, and even in those I can't stand. I would never wish anything bad on anyone, and before you think it's because I haven't been through hard times or brutal circumstances, I have. I won't explain them, but my inability to hate isn't stemming from a lack of hardship or brutality.
mtorregiani
Hate is a strong feeling. If you hate someone, well... that person must be really really bad...
I'm happy that I don't hate anyone... I dislike a lot of people, yes, but to hate someone... it's really a bad thing...
anyweb
iyepes wrote:
During my life, as all people, I have had good people around me, people who I can't stand, people who I've fight with, but, I haven't feel hatred against anyone.

I usually hear people saying "I hate that person", but I never felt that, I've felt anger many times (in a clinical scale, that went to therapy and recovered Razz) but never hatred.

Is someone unfamiliar with hatred like me? I want to think I'm not the only one Smile

Yeah, I rarely have a feeling of hatred over someone.. sometimes I find many things I dislike in a person.but what's the point in hating that person? if you don't like, you don't get involved with them.. that's it
Insanity
I don't think I've found the right person to hate. As in they haven't done anything exceptional for me to hate them. At the same time, it's not that I wouldn't hate someone if I had a good reason to, but it's just that I haven't found someone who fits that description.
Flakky
watersoul wrote:
We're actually friends again now and I will stop to chat whenever we pass on the street. Hate to me is an absolutely destructive emotion, and holding that hate inside will never help fix the painful thing that really is the focus of the emotion that we feel.
Sad to hear you went through the same stuff. Glad to hear you two are friends now. I do see her every day at school and we do talk normal. But everytime I think about the past I get mad and snappy. I try to cover it up and not let her notice anything as we both promised to not mention it again. I feel like I still have a part of that hate inside me and I've been trying for more than a year now to get rid of it. Anyone got any advice on that?
inuyasha
blog_inforama wrote:
on the face i dont hate any one but honestly i hate a million!!

Why? What happened to you? Anyhow, that's definitely not very good. A bad thing for your health, I should say. Maybe you need a more positive attitude towards life.
eday2010
There are some people I hate, and it doesn't bother me. I think the only time hating someone is a problem is when you have to be around that person a lot, like at work or in social circles. Otherwise, who cares?
menino
I used to hate an ex colleague of mine, because he stole the supervisor position, that was supposed to go to me, and then he would boss me around ridiculously.
He even went to the extent of trying to fire me, because I screwed up a job that he gave me at the last instant, even though I told him I wasn't prepared for it.

Anyways, that wasa long time ago, and I've moved on, and I don't hate him, but I don't love him either. I mean to say that I don't feel anything for him, except maybe a little dislike.

Even my current boss who is a pain at time, I dislike a bit, but I don't hate him, even though he is a bit pushy at times.

Hatred is bad, because it eats at you inside, and takes away the time you spent at it to do better things.

But I don't think that you have to hate in order to feel what Love is.
Love can be gained without ever feeling the need for ever hating anyone, but some people, I guess feel that love is more valuable and recognise it more, because they have known hatred to some extent, and therefore do not take love for granted, that way.
watersoul
Flakky wrote:
watersoul wrote:
Sad to hear you went through the same stuff. Glad to hear you two are friends now. I do see her every day at school and we do talk normal. But everytime I think about the past I get mad and snappy. I try to cover it up and not let her notice anything as we both promised to not mention it again. I feel like I still have a part of that hate inside me and I've been trying for more than a year now to get rid of it. Anyone got any advice on that?

Just try to remember that we're all human and we all make mistakes or treat others badly sometimes. Think of the times you've been horrible to someone and think how that wasn't really you inside - you just messed up and didn't think of someone else's feelings. We all do it sometimes, and most of us feel bad afterwards. I bet if someone asked the girl honestly "was your sole intention to hurt him?", the answer would probably be "no".

Pain is good, it helps us avoid similar situations. Hate just makes us distracted from the pain - feel the pain, learn from the feeling of that pain and you can move on. The false distraction of hate stops us moving on because we don't learn the lesson of the pain - we just side-step without truly dealing with it.
Flakky
watersoul wrote:

Just try to remember that we're all human and we all make mistakes or treat others badly sometimes. Think of the times you've been horrible to someone and think how that wasn't really you inside - you just messed up and didn't think of someone else's feelings. We all do it sometimes, and most of us feel bad afterwards. I bet if someone asked the girl honestly "was your sole intention to hurt him?", the answer would probably be "no".

Pain is good, it helps us avoid similar situations. Hate just makes us distracted from the pain - feel the pain, learn from the feeling of that pain and you can move on. The false distraction of hate stops us moving on because we don't learn the lesson of the pain - we just side-step without truly dealing with it.

Wonderfully spoken, thanks for the advice Smile
watersoul
Cheers Flakky, I have to admit though, being just as weak a human being as anyone else, I still struggle with that advice myself sometimes! Wink
uzeed
Hate is not really a good virtue i must say but sometimes in our life people offend us that we tend to get so angry that we cant forgive them thereby casing us to hate... i have seen people hate another fellow to the point of killing oh God what a world we living now. Well, i have no hate in my heart and am not praying to have it one day as it does not add to our life but brings so much danger to us... Pliz my people dont try to havte anyone because at the end you may just be hating yourself......
daredninja
It is also a question of defining the term hate and what each of us thinks that feeling is.

To say that you have never hated anyone is impossible because it would imply that you understand what hating is.. and since you've never hated anyone how could you?

Feelings of dislike, irritation, frustration are just different levels of hate I reckon.. hating does not mean you necessarily want that person dead or injured..

I guess it's just a question of deciding what you mean by "hate"
watersoul
daredninja wrote:
It is also a question of defining the term hate and what each of us thinks that feeling is.

To say that you have never hated anyone is impossible because it would imply that you understand what hating is.. and since you've never hated anyone how could you?

Feelings of dislike, irritation, frustration are just different levels of hate I reckon.. hating does not mean you necessarily want that person dead or injured..

I guess it's just a question of deciding what you mean by "hate"

I would have to disagree there, my understanding of the word hate is the extreme end of the dislike scale - the total opposite to, for example, the feeling of being in love with someone.

I can honestly say "I don't hate anyone and I will not in future", maybe as a child with a lack of understanding, I probably did perceive myself to hate some people, but with life experience, I know now that the only thing I hate is the bad things people do and the pain it might cause me. Hate as I've said before is a destructive emotion, alongside anger. I haven't been angry in a long time as the emotion that comes to the surface mostly is sadness or disappointment as a result of others actions.

I had to physically defend myself once in the last year, but even then I avoided the feelings of anger and hate that cloud our minds. I focussed instead on the actions that were threatening me and used reasonable force solely to prevent injury to myself. Had I allowed anger or hate to take control, I would probably have crossed the line into punishment after I'd become "safe" again.
Hate causes death, hate is the emotion that kicks a man on the floor or stamps on his head after gaining the upper hand in conflict after being attacked by someone - hate is not interested in reasonable force and self defence, it's about causing pain for no other reason than wanting pain to be felt by the victim.

Thats how I define hate, and yes it has many levels I guess, but I avoid the word completely as I want no part of it in my psyche.
Flakky
watersoul wrote:
Cheers Flakky, I have to admit though, being just as weak a human being as anyone else, I still struggle with that advice myself sometimes! Wink
I struggled yesterday... I was at a party and my ex was there. There is no real reason but she's such a ****** slut. Makes me want to puke. Or it was the alcohol.
EDIT: Wordfilter saved me Very Happy
watersoul
Flakky wrote:
watersoul wrote:
I struggled yesterday... I was at a party and my ex was there. There is no real reason but she's such a ****** slut. Makes me want to puke. Or it was the alcohol.
EDIT: Wordfilter saved me Very Happy

You'll get there fella, it is hard though I know. Similar thing happened to me at a party one time and a very good female friend pretended to be "with me" if you know what I mean. She also "hated" how the ex had treated me so was all over me like a rash just to annoy her. Even better was that she didn't stop pretending after the party and we ended up having quite a nice night Wink

...you're right about the alcohol though, it just enhances the mood and everything seems much more intense when even a little bit drunk - especially feelings of anger. Well done for not doing anything you regretted the next day, and it'll be easier next time you're in the same situation.
Bluedoll
It always gets me when you hear someone say, “I hate my job!”

Then go on to say, “My boss is a _________”

“I work with a bunch of idiots.”

What that does that make the person that said that?
If they feel they are better or better off, why are they still there?
I think name calling and belittling other people is actually addictive.
People are like pigs. They just keep gobbling up all the garbage.

You think maybe, we need to just stop the cycle and reason there is something not perfect about the other person and go about our business. Yeah, getting mad only reflects your own image back to you. I really hate when that happens.

I know I am not perfect, so getting busy, to work on it.
macky
iyepes wrote:

it is okay to feel that way... but sometimes it is not wrong to feel hatred to someone...
uzeed
Flakker wrote here that

Can you believe him?
dapopeyoh
Hate (hatred) is an intense feeling of dislike. I get that feeling sometimes. There are some people I just don't like staying around. Some people don't know how to talk and they say things that I dislike. But it's not necessarily intense.
agbor
people can be funny, you said'

My slant on hate is that I try to never actually even use that word - "I don't like" "that makes me angry" etc are my preferred choices, but if I do say "I hate..." its always "I hate what they're doing", or "I hate that behaviour" etc, never "I hate the person".
I've taught my son the same thoughts, and he uses the same terms himself now, understanding that how people affect us is the issue, and hating the individual will never address the problem.

Another reason I control my feelings of hate is the damage that this emotion can potentially cause, including death.
Whenever I've been in a violent situation, my hate is absolutely sidelined as it affects my clarity of thinking to the point that I could risk going beyond "reasonable force" to defend myself,and into the realms of "attack" or "punish". I've seen too many violent drunken rages from other people over the years causing damage which cannot be undone - all because of hate.

Now as far as love is concerned, I totally embrace that feeling in as many situations as I can, love of nature, love of people, and love of just being alive. Yes, that love emotion also alters my clarity of thinking and it often leaves me vulnerable, even blinded to how someone might be treating me.
But that old saying of better to have loved and lost is better than never loving at all, its totally true in my head!

can you imagine?
watersoul
agbor wrote:
people can be funny, you said'

watersoul wrote:

can you imagine?

...that's better Smile
manalone
I think u lucky n special. If onli we had more people like u we won't have problem in our world... Keep being u and
iyepes wrote:

macky
it is always a matter of people should care on their own lives not on the lives of others