FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hibernation problem

dark_paladin
For some obscure reasons my computer could not restart after Hibernation (Both in XP and 2000). Does anyone know why and has a solution?
Maka
Some info here I found:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmc_str_vzeb.asp

Have you googled your problem?.
Philip
maybe your Hibernation doesnt complete yet.. when u try to hibernate your compi Laughing

Or maybe your OS getting problem Razz

Sorry, if still don;t get help Embarassed
darknez3
I think your computer has trouble reloading the backed up data that it saves during hibernation. The possible reason being is maybe due to having insufficient amount of memory or disk space. Can you post your Specs?
dark_paladin
Thank you, everyone. My computer does not support ACPI, so it would not be able to recover from Hibernation.
Philip
Quote:
Thank you, everyone. My computer does not support ACPI, so it would not be able to recover from Hibernation.

What is ACPI sir ? Shocked
dark_paladin
If u go up to the second post by Maka, there is a link that explains hibernation problem. I clicked on it and found out that my computer does not support ACPI. As for exactly what it is, I have no idea.
Maka
Advanced Power Management is where your motherboard supports standby etc, it goes into a special state then when you move your mouse your pc will start up again, Advanced Power Management is also used when you shut your pc down and it turns the box of all by itself.
Philip
oh... Embarassed
wew, i must check my motherboard, is it support or not.. hehe..
maybe i will buy a new mother board later.. Crying or Very sad
hmkd
which motherboard have you, which manufacturer ? have you updated BIOS and update too last version for chipset ?
can you give us complete configuration
it's best mind for find trouble !
Philip
I am using MSI motherboard, i don;t know what series Embarassed
eh, but they said if we try to updated bios it;s be ok, but if fail, are we must buy a new mother board ? Shocked
drpiga
One trick you can try:
Delete C:\hiberfil.sys and then enable hibernation,this resolve the most common problems about hibernation ,or try to find out a file named
NOHIBER.TXT and look in it why are happens that problems
Very Happy

I hope this will resolve problem

Cheers!
Philip
wow... that is a good thing to solve the problem sir... Shocked

als may i know where are u find that files from ? Rolling Eyes
drpiga
Hm it seems that file NOHIBER.TXT appear in WinMe ,not heard that one excist in WinXP,if you can not solve with tips I gave ,maybe the full reinstallation is wright pick to your system.Hibernation sometimes might be very unpredictible and thet could lead even to losing your data..So
for safety,backup your data ,try full reinstallation,and than you will see what is your next step..If doesn't work contact your motherboard vendor or other hardware reseller in your contry...

Good Luck Very Happy
nikolic
If so, you should actually check in this order: battery, power brick, power outlet, then go to the software settings.
tamilchild
goto CMOS settings check

--> Power management option is disabled or not.

If power management option is disabled. It will cause this error Embarassed
internetjobs
enable power management option in cmos like above tamilchild said... it is the proper way,

it may cause problem in your operating system, reinstall operating system it will work perfectly....and u can hibernate u r system...