FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cant Access Files on Network Computer's Hard Drive (Windows

Possum
Hi

I have two hard drives in a XP computer. I can access one of them but not the other from my Windows 7 computer. Both have the same permissions set.

I can see the top level folders and files but when I try to access one of them I get this error message.

How can I trouble shoot this..?

Thank you
Jean-Clod
But that's a network address, are both hard drives in that pc? Does the "non-working" one appear as a normal hard drive in My Computer, or as a net location?
Possum
Sorry

I should of mentioned that the computer were on a network...

Both hard drives are in the same computer.

Thank you
Jean-Clod
Uh, okay, I thought you were using two different hard drives in the same PC for dual-booting 7 and XP, sorry

Hmm, then there's a problem in xp, go there, search for some network and sharing settings for that hard drive, and post some screenshots; if you don't find I'll try later on a VM (it's only been 5 year and I don't remember anything about XP Rolling Eyes )

BTW, are you sure both have the same permissions set? If that was the case, then there should not be any problem! make sure everything's okay
Possum
I found the Solution..

I had just formatted the Drives. I then made the empty drive sharable. I then added my files. I could not share those files...

I simply right clicked the directory and made them shareable again..

Now I can see all the files and open them..

Bad laps on my part..

Thank you for your time and advice..