FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

At My Site

nivinjoy
Hi friends i have added a new Gallery in Flash of my personal pics to my personal website.. Please check it out..

You can have a look at it at www.nivinjoy.co.nr

Please tell me your opinions.. More pics to follow..I will update the Gallery with more pics soon..!!
nam_siddharth
Nice website.
imagefree
Nice site, but atleast this image is not yours: http://www.nivinjoy.frih.net/site/images/boydancing.gif
I have seen it at lots of places.
nivinjoy
imagefree wrote:
Nice site, but atleast this image is not yours: http://www.nivinjoy.frih.net/site/images/boydancing.gif
I have seen it at lots of places.

Ya true.. I agree to that..It's not my image..I got it from internet..!!
Magicman
Your site is rather unprofessional looking to be honest. Having so many moving elements and emoticons does not create the most professional site. Also, the marquee scrolling and the overuse of different fancy fonts is one of the most common mistakes that makes a site look so unprofessional. It is not a terrible site but is makes some rookie mistakes. If that is the style of site you like, then you can leave it as it is.
nivinjoy
Magicman wrote:
Your site is rather unprofessional looking to be honest. Having so many moving elements and emoticons does not create the most professional site. Also, the marquee scrolling and the overuse of different fancy fonts is one of the most common mistakes that makes a site look so unprofessional. It is not a terrible site but is makes some rookie mistakes. If that is the style of site you like, then you can leave it as it is.

Ya i know its unprofessional.. But i didn't want to make my site a very serious one,you know...!! I just wanted to say what all i felt and what all i needed to say..!!

And by the way this is not the style i like.. Me too want it in a stylish way,but with limited knowledge of HTML and codings i could atleast do this much..

Even now i was looking for a good template..If i get a cool looking and nice presented template i will immediately switch to that template and change the site entirely.. But you know there are constraints for all that.. Time, matters a lot..!!

Once again i would like to thank you for pointing out the mistakes and flaws in the website..And sorry to disappoint you with my site.

I promise you if i get a good template which i like i will surely change the site and then you will be the first person to know about that..!!
nivinjoy
Magicman wrote:

And also i just wanted to ask you this too (separately..)

How did you feel about the Splash Page at the entry of the site..??
Magicman
nivinjoy wrote:

I am not a fan of splash pages at all to be completely honest. They seem fairly useless. The actual homepage of a site should speak for itself. But I guess it fits in with the style of your site.
thedinh
your site look simple.
and maybe your code has not allowed for right click, I can not view your code by right click.
nivinjoy
Magicman wrote:
nivinjoy wrote:

I am not a fan of splash pages at all to be completely honest. They seem fairly useless. The actual homepage of a site should speak for itself. But I guess it fits in with the style of your site.

Actually i just wanted to give an introduction about the site in a few words. If i had gone for a Flash page many would be required to install Flash plugin so as to view the page.. So i chose for a splash page which would not require any other plugin things to be installed..!!

And not only that Flash page would make the website slow..I didn't want that to happen.

And by the way can you suggest some links for free,nice layout templates so hat i can download them..??
Magicman
You could easily search for free templates on Google. The actual layout of you site isn't terrible, it's a little thin but other than that it is fine. It really is just the content of your site which breaks certain style rules which might make some people say it's not a good site. Check http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/ for more examples of what not to do. Again I will reiterate that it isn't so important that you didn't follow the guidelines because of the content of your site.
nivinjoy
Ya sure.. But i asked you whether you knew any good sites in specific to download the templates..!!

And thank you for sharing that link about the websites that sucks.. I have gone through that and the site seem to be useful..!!

Thanks once again.
tamilparks
very good site.. really very nice..
chatrack
Hi,

I like the flash introduction