FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

blog design

vlnjodie
I was wondering if I could get some tips on designing a blog. I am currently using blogger and want to switch to Word Press. I know there are tons of templates out there, but I want to make something really unique (who doesn't)! Where do you get images? Do I have to make them all on my own? I see all these great blogs out there and just don't understand how they got them to look so cool (or not so cool, but still unique).

vlnjodie
Nikolus
I can't really help, but I have a wordpress query as well.

Is it simple to set up? Does it allow multiple users to post to the same blog, with different usernames and perhaps profiles, simply?

Thanks.
Deji
Nikolus wrote:
I can't really help, but I have a wordpress query as well.

Is it simple to set up? Does it allow multiple users to post to the same blog, with different usernames and perhaps profiles, simply?

Thanks.

1) Easy to set up: if you go to www.yoursite.frihost.com/cp/ log in and go to "Fantastico" then scroll down and find Wordpress... all you need to do is decide where you want it installed and give it a admin username / password...

thats it.. a few clicks and its installed.

2)Multiple Users: yep users can sign up in a similar way to a forum and in the admin section you can set them to different levels... so say lvl3 is a normal user lvl5 and above is allowed to post to the blog (lvl10 = admin)

vlnjodie wrote:
I was wondering if I could get some tips on designing a blog. I am currently using blogger and want to switch to Word Press. I know there are tons of templates out there, but I want to make something really unique (who doesn't)! Where do you get images? Do I have to make them all on my own? I see all these great blogs out there and just don't understand how they got them to look so cool (or not so cool, but still unique).

vlnjodie

If you go to http://codex.wordpress.org/Blog_Design_and_Layout

it gives you a lot of basic advice abouut the deisign of your blog from just modifying the existing templates to making your own entirely. Making your own template isnt easy but its worth it if you want to do something unique.

on the other hand my site runs someone elses layout that i modefied a little... http://www.littlegnomes.frihost.net and i still think it looks great.
digibluez
i only can say CSS makes wonder.dont use images in blog style,you dont need to have a mega fancy style,what matters is the content.I dont think people visit blogs because a nice style.
Nikolus
Thanks everyone, Deji in particular. I can't wait until my account is set up (I requested it earlier).
vlnjodie
I got my wp set up and can't wait to start playing around! Thanks for the advice! I think I may just modify a template as well. Smile