FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I can't think of the title to this book....HELP!

foumy6
Okay I really wanna read this one book, but I cant remember what it's called Please help me belowe are the things I know and remember about it.

-The title is (The I.........) I cant remeber what the I word is.
- the cover of the book is like a greyish silver and the title and author is shiny green.
- in the background of the cover it almost looks like bubbles.

srry this is all the info I have the only other thing I know is that the first chapter is like 32 pages but thats not very helpful.
please help me if you can!
Hogwarts
You don't have any more information about it? Theme and genre, for example?
hunnyhiteshseth
If you remeber any sentence from the book then try googling that sentence. By the way, when you had last read/seen the book?? It may give us an idea of what era that book was?
truespeed
Did you actually read the book?
missdixy
While I feel honored that you would ask us Frihosters about books, I really think you should try asking this question in a more experienced (or rather, focused) book community. The one I usually use is whatwasthatbook which actually requires a Livejournal account to post to but it's not that hard to sign up or anything. I've posted about 4 books there in the past and three of them were guessed correctly (the fourth wasn't but I didn't really have much info on it and it was pretty obscure).

I'd give it a try!
TurtleShell
You must know something else about it, though--otherwise, how would you know you wanted to read it? Characters, or plot, or author or something? Who told you about it? Where did you see it?
Ghost Rider103
Moved to Literature, where maybe you can get some more help. But more information would be a lot of help to everyone else that is trying to help you.
foumy6
foumy6 wrote:
Okay I really wanna read this one book, but I cant remember what it's called Please help me belowe are the things I know and remember about it.

-The title is (The I.........) I cant remeber what the I word is.
- the cover of the book is like a greyish silver and the title and author is shiny green.
- in the background of the cover it almost looks like bubbles.

srry this is all the info I have the only other thing I know is that the first chapter is like 32 pages but thats not very helpful.
please help me if you can!

You can all stop i have finally figured it out! The book is called The Supernatrulest and is a great read Smile. Im sorry i put you through this but you can all stop yelling at me for more detail now Very Happy lol
Radar
Congratulations, I suppose, but I'm curious - how did you figure it out? Did you remember some other detail, did you find a copy of the book lying around your house, or what?
foumy6
Radar wrote:
Congratulations, I suppose, but I'm curious - how did you figure it out? Did you remember some other detail, did you find a copy of the book lying around your house, or what?

I asked a friend who I knew had read it and started describing what I could remember about it. Then we went through the long process of them saying the title of a book and I would google image it and see if it was right, so eventually we got it Very Happy
Radar
Impressive. I'm surprised that actually worked.
saratdear
Since the OP seems to have got the book he needed, I hope he doesn't mind if I post here. I wouldn't have to start a new thread then. Smile

I don't remember the name at all. As far as I remember, the storyline went like this:

A boy goes to live with his elderly aunt (or was it grandmother?) during his holidays. There he comes across an old group photograph, like 50-60 years old, which shows a boy who looks exactly like him. The aunt (or grandmother) tells him it was a distant uncle or whatever who died due to typhoid (or malaria, dysentry..) That night time travel occurs and our boy goes to the older one who's dying and they decide to switch places. Our boy lives in the old era, gets better, lives for a few days there, comes back and now the aunt tells him the distant uncle wasn't dead at all (our boy saved him, remember?) and he has come to visit. Our boy goes out and it's like they know each other.

This book was quite an entertaining read; that's why I want to come across it again.
foumy6
no I dont mind at all and I know some books that fit some of what your saying but I really doubt its the book Im thinking of :/ sry
TurtleShell
This sounds a little like the plot of a book by Avi, but I'm sure that's not it. THis is a young adult's novel?
saratdear
TurtleShell wrote:
This sounds a little like the plot of a book by Avi, but I'm sure that's not it. THis is a young adult's novel?

If you are asking young adult as in written by a young adult, I don't know. I'm not sure it would classify as 'young adult'; it was more on the lines of Hardy Boys-Famous Five cross, but slightly more serious.