FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Kite festival (INDIA)

priyank
International Kite Festival is held at Ahmedabad on January 14 every year, to coincide with the festival of Uttarayan or Makar Sankranti. Makar Sankranti is a festival that heralds a change of season marking the movement of the sun into the northern hemisphere - a celebration to mark the end of winter. The skies are blue and clear, a cool breeze blows and a feeling of anticipation, joy and jubilation grips all who celebrate the occasion.

In Gujarat, Makar Sankranti is celebrated as the kite-flying day. Kite-flying day in Gujarat is an extraordinary day, unlike at other places. Ahmedabad, Gujarat's premier city, leads the way in the celebration of Uttarayani, and is the venue of the International Kite Festival.

Kite-flying festival is being held in important cities of Gujarat each year. The festival draws expert kite-makers and flyers not only from cities of India but also from around the world. Designer's Kites of infinite variety are displayed at the venue.

i have attached img how it looks it s really fun when you see it in real

jinz22
i celebrate this festival too, it's wayyyy more fun than it actually sounds like.. gettin fingers cut cuz of the thread and all that ohhh man its just FUNNNNNNN TIMESSS
speeDemon
I like flying kites.... but they dont really make it off thr ground..!!

2/3 kites I fly die before even reaching a decent height.
zbale
Nice pictures! How do they avoid colliding? I can't control even one kite at a time...
mukesh
priyank wrote:
International Kite Festival is held at Ahmedabad on January 14 every year, to coincide with the festival of Uttarayan or Makar Sankranti. Makar Sankranti is a festival that heralds a change of season marking the movement of the sun into the northern hemisphere - a celebration to mark the end of winter. The skies are blue and clear, a cool breeze blows and a feeling of anticipation, joy and jubilation grips all who celebrate the occasion.

In Gujarat, Makar Sankranti is celebrated as the kite-flying day. Kite-flying day in Gujarat is an extraordinary day, unlike at other places. Ahmedabad, Gujarat's premier city, leads the way in the celebration of Uttarayani, and is the venue of the International Kite Festival.

Kite-flying festival is being held in important cities of Gujarat each year. The festival draws expert kite-makers and flyers not only from cities of India but also from around the world. Designer's Kites of infinite variety are displayed at the venue.

i have attached img how it looks it s really fun when you see it in real

By this picture i hope fully funny celebration. I am also indian but i nothink about it. Picture is very nice Wink
JessieF
zbale wrote:
Nice pictures! How do they avoid colliding? I can't control even one kite at a time...

I was wondering the same thing. I've never even flown one before, though, so I can't imagine how easy or hard it is. I love all the colors. Very beautiful! Smile
Ghost900
Nice photos of the kites. I want a rack of kites like that one. I have flown a kite a number of times before, it is quite easy if there is a decent wind otherwise you have to run around to keep it in the air.
bjornhoogeveen
Woah! How nice! Like to see this Very Happy
ajitha999
I was wondering the same thing. I've never even flown one before, though, so I can't imagine how easy or hard it is. I love all the colors. Very beautiful!
Razz Razz Razz
Cliffer
beautiful kite!
chatrack
Those kites are nice. I think you need a good skill to handle them all at one..
Caxius
funny ^^
nigam
wow....nice photos of those kites....we have kite festival too....summer is already here and my son loves to kite flying.......it is nice to see the colorful and beautiful kites in the sky....
Chilavert
looks really fun
adam876
I also celebrate this kite festival, it's very funny and colorful play and on that day sky is filled with awesome color combinations. I bought kite from Playgroundonline.com for this festival
jamesparker
I love the event Smile